Mobile RSBN / PRMG radionavigation system

303_Kermit

A Roarrrrrring Gooooood mooooorniiiiing DCS and especially MiG-21 maniacs!

Plesase support me on these wisch:
MiG-21bis that we have in DCS is equipped in RSBN/PRMG nav system. As we know the system is mobile - it's installed on URAL trucks and can be moved to a random location by road / offroad. So my wisch would be "To have a mobile RSBN/PRMG system for MiG-21bis, L-39C / L-39ZA Albatros, Mi-24, MiG-29, Su25, Su27 in DCS!"

These way t-offs and landings would be possible from random locations - even in heavy weather conditions. As we know Warsaw Pact Pilots used to systematically practice such operations. I would be more than happy  having a possibility to recreate it in DCS Virtual World.

With my best regards. 303_Kermit

rsbn.jpg

rsp-10.jpg

Edited by 303_Kermit
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

The models are present. Maybe in the medium term, a RSBN at least could be done as the mobile TACAN.

Remember that the 21bis uses their own system, so even ED makes a mobile RSBN, the module must be redone to take advantage of a "possible mobile RSBN".

• Like 2

Absolutely +1, it's something I made a wishlist about ages ago.

But the other thing is that this should be unified with ED's own native system for the L-39 (and later the 9-12 MiG-29 if it comes to fruition).

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 4

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

5 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Absolutely +1, it's something I made a wishlist about ages ago.

But the other thing is that this should be unified with ED's own native system for the L-39 (and later the 9-12 MiG-29 if it comes to fruition).

This is a major issue, there are two RSBN systems in operation in DCS, so getting this to work for both of them would be troublesome for sure.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...