Black-shark 3 weapons?

Hi Guys,

I cannot help my self, but ask, are there going to be any new/aditional weapons/weapons systems be present in comparions to BS2? And I'm not talking only about the AA... There are hints in the BS2 manual for example that it should be possible to fire S-24 rockets. And there are 5 aditional positions on that selector switch which are not covered in the manual. So is there something missing? To me it looks like it should be able to handle at last gunpods like the Hind, right? Thank you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

The selector positions actually work. The first two of them are for bombs, and the second two for dispensers. There's one more position, before the bombs, that I think isn't used for anything.

Well, you probably did not read it fully... Yes I know it works, I red the manual. I'm asking for not used positions (from 6 to 10) and if we going to get any more weapons to choose from... Thank you.

18 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

Read it again. The selector positions work. The very ones you're talking about. Try loading up FAB-250 and setting it to "7", you'll get the pipper. Here's a kneeboard with all the positions explained: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315708/

For some reason it's not in the manual, but it works in the sim.

Oki, that aswer the qeustion about the knob. Thank you. But what about additional weapons? Do you think or was something annouced, that we can get more, by any chacne? So far I know only that they finish the A-A...

On 3/30/2022 at 8:38 AM, mastershotgun said:

NEW HOPE:

The option 3 is talking about S-24 rockets, which we do not have and none of the sources talk about option 6! So definitely maybe...

Interesting - that would be fun!

I wonder if BS3 - with the new six hardpoint wings, will also have a new weapon management system? A lot of the Ka-52 footage shows asymmetric loadouts (e.g. missiles and a rocket pod on opposite hardpoints) - it'd be interesting. One can currently sort of do this by having the rockets on the opposite inner hardpoint (so Vikhr, Fuel tank, V-80, Fuel Tank loadout) but it doesn't look right 🙂 

It is a lot of fun to use just use a single rocket pod though! The recoil is interesting, and the view is less obscured (no smoke from the opposite side - because there are no rockets coming from the other stub-wing).

15 hours ago, Avimimus said:

Interesting - that would be fun!

I wonder if BS3 - with the new six hardpoint wings, will also have a new weapon management system? A lot of the Ka-52 footage shows asymmetric loadouts (e.g. missiles and a rocket pod on opposite hardpoints) - it'd be interesting. One can currently sort of do this by having the rockets on the opposite inner hardpoint (so Vikhr, Fuel tank, V-80, Fuel Tank loadout) but it doesn't look right 🙂 

It is a lot of fun to use just use a single rocket pod though! The recoil is interesting, and the view is less obscured (no smoke from the opposite side - because there are no rockets coming from the other stub-wing).

Yea, unfortunatelly the Ka-50 and Ka-52 are completyl different ships... Ka-50 was attempt for revolution with heavely automated and computerized ship, so it can be piloted by sigle person, but it did not worked well in fact... only like 30 or so were build... Ka-52 was redesign to be 2 seater with "back to the roots" approach, were lots of automatization attempts were removed...

I found that the option 6 is actaully for FAB-100 bombs... Not sure how much FABs were used in real life from helos, I do not believe much, but it was designed as to able to use them for some reason...

The 3rd set of hardpoints should be as far as I can tell only for A-A missiles... The original model have them, just when ED was making the model, they removed them for some reason, (politics maybe?) and now they are going to add them back as they were on the real thing...

Edited by mastershotgun

38 minutes ago, mastershotgun said:

I found that the option 6 is actaully for FAB-100 bombs... Not sure how much FABs were used in real life from helos, I do not believe much, but it was designed as to able to use them for some reason...

Ah! Very interesting. The Mi-24 in Afghanistan was sometimes equipped with up to 10xFAB-100s (the payload of a medium bomber in WWII!) Presumably using MBD racks on two of the hardpoints.

I was wondering because the wings with the extra hardpoints for the Igla were offered for the Ka-50, Ka-50-2, but seem to have only ever been built for the Ka-52... so I was wondering if the weapon selection system might be form the Ka-52 (even if we can't use many of the weapons used by the Ka-52).

Edited by Avimimus
  • Like 2