Will ED plan to add a pilot body to f16?

Kiseki_Yu

Yes. Desired F-16c Systems and Payloads

Bottom of the list shows the 1st Person Pilot Body.
There are quite a few modules with pilot bodies, not just the Hornet. Couple of modules still have them on the "Later in Early Access".

Maybe the new Hornet Pilot Body will be adpapted and used on the viper as well. Who knows.

Edited by Gruman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

2小时前,Gruman说:

Yes. Desired F-16c Systems and Payloads

Bottom of the list shows the 1st Person Pilot Body.
There are quite a few modules with pilot bodies, not just the Hornet. Couple of modules still have them on the "Later in Early Access".

Maybe the new Hornet Pilot Body will be adpapted and used on the viper as well. Who knows.

We will wait a long time! Thank you for share information!!

53 minutes ago, Kiseki_Yu said:

We will wait a long time! Thank you for share information!!

It quite rightly should be bottom of the list.  Once all the operationally relevant stuff is complete.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

• 3 weeks later...

I only have one wish when it comes to the pilot body: Please, for the love of god, give us akimbo, clickable, physical kneeboards attached to the pilots legs. Preferably kneeboards with tabs that can be setup beforehand. This has been around for ages in certain other simulators and would be fantastic to have in DCS as well.

• Like 3

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

On 3/29/2022 at 2:32 PM, Lace said:

It quite rightly should be bottom of the list.  Once all the operationally relevant stuff is complete.

Is (rightfully) your opinion

I wholeheartedly  and very strongly disagree with you.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it in reply to all the "pilot body isn't needed" posts:

Imho: Currently the Viper cockpit feels "void".. It's like the cockpit poster I had hanging on my wall when I was a kid. When I sit in it in VR, I don't get the same feeling as when I sat in it countless times during my days as an F-16 mechanic. Sitting in the Hornet pit, with a pilot body, feels far more realistic than sitting in the Viper currently. And newsflash for those that find the limbs blocking side panels annoying, in real life they also block the side panels... At least in DCS you can just hide the pilot body for a second (during cold start, because for the rest of your flight, apart from maybe AAR, you won't need the side walls), in real life you'll need to twist your body.. A lot less convenient I tell you.

Sorry if I come of harsh, but I tend to get a little annoyed when people say that this is less important. For me it isn't. For me it's a big part of the immersion in DCS

Edit:

Forgot to mention that ED already responded earlier, that this feature being at the end of the to do list has nothing to do with it being lower priority.

iirc, the words used were: "it's just a list to sum up what's yet to come"

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 5

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

6 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Is (rightfully) your opinion

I wholeheartedly  and very strongly disagree with you.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it in reply to all the "pilot body isn't needed" posts:

Imho: Currently the Viper cockpit feels "void".. It's like the cockpit poster I had hanging on my wall when I was a kid. When I sit in it in VR, I don't get the same feeling as when I sat in it countless times during my days as an F-16 mechanic. Sitting in the Hornet pit, with a pilot body, feels far more realistic than sitting in the Viper currently. And newsflash for those that find the limbs blocking side panels annoying, in real life they also block the side panels... At least in DCS you can just hide the pilot body for a second (during cold start, because for the rest of your flight, apart from maybe AAR, you won't need the side walls), in real life you'll need to twist your body.. A lot less convenient I tell you.

Sorry if I come of harsh, but I tend to get a little annoyed when people say that this is less important. For me it isn't. For me it's a big part of the immersion in DCS

Agree 100 percent, just got back into flying the Harrier,  Viper is grounded until Pilot body is in,  it just completes the deal when in VR

• Like 4

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

21 minutes ago, rcjonessnp175 said:

Agree 100 percent, just got back into flying the Harrier,  Viper is grounded until Pilot body is in,  it just completes the deal when in VR

Indeed, currently Razbam's pilot body is by far the best :thumbup:

• Like 3

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...

As happy as I am, to read news on the Apache pilot body, I'm rather sad that we've never seen any news on the Viper pilot body since its EA release some 2,5 years ago...

I know some people see it as the least interesting feature, but to others, the Viper is just gathering dust until it's transformed from a QF-16 to an actual F-16C.. I briefly stepped into the Viper pit last weekend again (VR), but I really can't enjoy gazing at those magically moving rudder pedals (which due to the 60° seat inclination are constantly within my fov)

Please @BIGNEWY, please, with extra cream and a cherry on top, let us know if the team has at least started working on a pilot body for the Viper.. The "planned" tag this thread received, isn't very comforting..

• Like 1

System specs:

5 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

when we are ready we will give more information 

ah well, I had to try.. 😉

But I understand it's even too early to share if there's at all work in progress on this feature.

Edit:

Just wondering, you must have a HOTAS key bind macro for this answer by now @BIGNEWY😂

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

Yes there are those who are only interested in destroying everything with bombs and missiles
and those who want to make ED a simulator with beautiful planes and everything that goes with it just for the pleasure of the eyes and especially immersion.
To summarize the one who does not want a pilot, nobody forces him to display it (there is a box for that in the DCS settings)
Good flight to all:pilotfly:

• Like 1

Seriously, it´s ridiculous that we have almost every week some screenshot from the pilot model of a module released two month ago and absolutely nothing about the one of a 2.5 years old one, but, hey, that updated BTR-80 model that i can see every nut from 20k feets looks great!

Priorities...

• Like 7

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • ED Team
1 hour ago, comie1 said:

Thought I’d update with what I learned. Sharing is caring n all that. Apparently the F16 pilot body is being worked on alongside the AH-64D pilot bodies 

no, after helo crews

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
8 minutes ago, comie1 said:

Oh! When I asked on Dicord if they were being worked on alongside the F16 Nine said “yes”. Yes means no got it 👍

I'm telling you what I have been told, no need for the sarcasm. 

The work is all related, model work and animation

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 5 months later...
On 8/3/2022 at 2:36 PM, BIGNEWY said:

I'm telling you what I have been told, no need for the sarcasm. 

The work is all related, model work and animation

Sounds awesome. I quite like the helmet view for the Apache pilot in VR. Hopefully the Viper Driver can get something similar.

HTC Vive Pro/ Intel i7-9700 CPU @ 3GHz/ 32GB RAM/ Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080/

• ED Team

If you have not seen the last newsletter we give an update 

Cockpit View Pilot Model.

Following the completion of the new Hornet pilot model, we will do the same for the Viper. This will be a high-detail model of a USAF/ANG F-16 pilot circa 2007 with correct kit and lifelike animations.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/newsletters/710da5ca8e2b65946661b86f07269410/

• Like 5