Lowering brightness when open popup window

Alex_buka

I have noticed that if you make the display slightly larger, then the brightness will return to normal.

AND.... if you make the display really small, the screen starts flickering like mad. The video below doesn't really capture the speed of the flashing, but you get the idea.

Just adding this for info, obviously would also like this fixed please.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

for every jet,you can test.

image.png

Edited by zhouyut001
  • GamingPC: Ryzen 5950X  + 64G RAM + Nvidia 4090 + 1T Dedicated SSD For DCS 
  • HOTAS: WingWin F15EX Throttle + VKB Gunfighter Mk.III Joystick + SN2 Rudder + TrackIR Pro
  • HomeServer: Dell R7515 (EPYC 7402 + 1 T RAM + 48T SSD Raid10 + Nvidia A40
  • Network: Google Fiber 2G

• 3 weeks later...

It has something to do with sun reflecting on 2.5D window. When you look directly at the sun or directly away from it  reflections on NS430 change and brightness with it.  When you "duck" inside cockpit then brightness go back to normal more or less.  Maybe as quick fix disable sun reflections on NS430?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah, if I had known about this gamma bug I'd have probably waited with a purchase as well. Otherwise a little neat module, especially for older planes.

EDIT: I played with the popup a bit, needed it larger for a while and noticed that the screen brightness changed. It also changes when one of the blue menus come up and go away. And when I made NS430 popup smaller, the whole screen started flashing crazy fast.

Edited by virgo47

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Channel 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 6:11 PM, jonsky7 said:

I have noticed that if you make the display slightly larger, then the brightness will return to normal.

AND.... if you make the display really small, the screen starts flickering like mad. The video below doesn't really capture the speed of the flashing, but you get the idea.

Just adding this for info, obviously would also like this fixed please.

This report is correct and the issue is still there. The 430 overlay window size is affecting the brightness of the main display.

I can't use this module anymore because of the issue.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I'd love to recheck it - but the first thing I encountered is this when I wanted to drag the NS430 more to the center of the screen before resizing it:

image.png

In words: the header/title bar moves, but the window does not - the window snaps after I hide and reshow it again (Close Look to NS430 On Off). My first reaction was "REALLY?!" Am I the only one encountering this? 😞

Following this... I was not able to resize the window. There was no change in the mouse cursor and no way to resize the window. I barely stop myself from being sarcastic (like "it's really not a problem anymore"). Again - am I the only one with this problem?

EDIT: I'm actually glad there is a change at all. It gives me hope we're heading into the right direction. This is probably just the effect of "NS430 inoperable. Not in 2D neither 3D" in Known issues for Multithreading. But the post above mentioned that it works now in MT. I have to disagree.

Edited by virgo47
  • Like 1

✈️ L-39, F-5E, F/A-18C, MiG-15, F-86F, C-101, FC3 🛩️ Yak-52, P-47, Spitfire 🚁 UH-1H, Ka-50 III 🗺️ NTTR, PG, SY, Channel 📦 Supercarrier, NS430, WWII 🕹️ VKB STECS+Gladiator/Kosmosima ▶️ DCS Unscripted YouTube

9 hours ago, virgo47 said:

I'd love to recheck it - but the first thing I encountered is this when I wanted to drag the NS430 more to the center of the screen before resizing it:

image.png

In words: the header/title bar moves, but the window does not - the window snaps after I hide and reshow it again (Close Look to NS430 On Off). My first reaction was "REALLY?!" Am I the only one encountering this? 😞

Following this... I was not able to resize the window. There was no change in the mouse cursor and no way to resize the window. I barely stop myself from being sarcastic (like "it's really not a problem anymore"). Again - am I the only one with this problem?

EDIT: I'm actually glad there is a change at all. It gives me hope we're heading into the right direction. This is probably just the effect of "NS430 inoperable. Not in 2D neither 3D" in Known issues for Multithreading. But the post above mentioned that it works now in MT. I have to disagree.

You can resize header/title bar as well if you hover mouse over the edge and GPS adjusts when you hide it and show it again. So yes there is new problem with GPS and its a little pain to set it up, but in my case, after I set the size I want on ground then I dont need to change it, so its not that a big a problem for me . And current fix is way less annoying than brightness bug. 

So two steps forward, 1 step back

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sadly this bug still exist. I tested with the Mi24P and every time i open the 2D GPS it goes darker and never more go to normal light until i restart the mission. I hope it gets fixed soon. It completely make useless the GPS in 2D view.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2023 at 6:36 AM, stavka said:

Sadly this bug still exist. I tested with the Mi24P and every time i open the 2D GPS it goes darker and never more go to normal light until i restart the mission. I hope it gets fixed soon. It completely make useless the GPS in 2D view.

Same here. ALso, I noticed that as well as darker, it made the colour richer.

• 2 weeks later...

Gamma keeps reseting when pulling the NS430 out for some reason. I had it set to 1.6 and when I hit the bind for it to turn on/appear, the gamma gets set back to 1, but when you go back to the options page, it will say 1.6 even if it's dark (i.e. 1.0). It happens to me on the F-14 for some reason, yeah I know that nobody uses it, but I do. So please fix it, I feel like it's quite easy and fast to fix but I'm no expert. 

Edited by GolddenWaffels
Grammar

• GolddenWaffels changed the title to Gamma Reseting when Pulling the NS430 out!