Gladiator NXT Standard - damping stiffness

Sprool

I just took delivery of my NXT standard today and find it really really stiff on the damping, looks a lot stiffer (no sniggering at the back please) than any of the youtube video reviews I watched. It makes fast movement of the stick almost impossible. Is it supposed to be this stiff and does it ease up a bit after use? I'm pretty sure its the damping and not the default springs it came with, just wondering if I can lower the damping a bit on this model?

In my piece, each axis has lost some stiffness.

Exactly the Y axis from 50-100% has more stiffness than the rest of the track, the X axis behaves the same, but it is no tragedy.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

I read  a lot of posts on reddit nad youtube about the new nxt's and a few like me who felt it was over-damped. Others said it got easier/smoother after a few weeks, others replaced the grease with nyegel 767a which is lower viscosity. I have now regreased with 767 though the original is really hard to remove, but the reduction in damping is for me a good improvement, the stick never springs back to centre, its still nicely damped, just a lot easier to push around. Will also try the weaker springs shortly when the postman gets here.

Edited by Sprool