Instrument lights behavior

peachmonkey

hi, all,

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there's a bug. The instrument lights stop working after the a CB breaker "COMPASS LT" is reset (see picture).

1) I turn the #9 instrument light rheostat to the max

2) the COMPASS LT breaker pops. The oil temp gauge goes to 0.

3) I push the breaker back in. The oil temp gauge shows the proper temp reading.

4) instrument lights never illuminate after that...

Anyone experiences the same behavior?

image.png

Apparently that's how it's indeed supposed to be:

Just don't crank the lights all the way to max, you should be fine with lower settings.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

2 hours ago, Art-J said:

Apparently that's how it's indeed supposed to be:

Just don't crank the lights all the way to max, you should be fine with lower settings.

yes, I've seen this post and I know about the pop-out "bug".

The issue I'm referring to is that after the breaker is reset (pushed in):

1) the oil gauge starts working again - so this is OK.

2) the INSTRUMENT LIGHTS will never work again, regardless of how much I twist/turn the lights rheostat   <---- this is the issue..

Edited by peachmonkey

Yeah, I have the same problem.  The Jug seems to be plagued with problems getting things to work, there are no keystrokes for any of the bomb arming commands, unlike he Mustang.  Trying to assign keystrokes to the jug control GUI for Keyboard, when bugged do not work on my BlackHog, had the same problem with the Mossie.  I knew the BH was not the problem because the same switches on it work in the Mustang for bomb arming because it has keyboard "values" for the action.  I also had the same problem with the Mossie.  They both work now, but I grind my teeth every time a new beta comes out. But I have had the oil gauge not work even before I discovered how to turn on the lights. 

I guess an update is coming out Thursday?.................. FINGERS CROSSED.............

Sempre Fortis

• 7 months later...

25 Nov
Can't figure out how the Instrument light dial is suppose to work. Start/Out/Dim/Off makes no difference to the brightness of instrument gauges. UVs sometimes work for a bit, then never again.  

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64