Engine no.2 does not spool up and shuts down

cgjimeneza

• ED Team

please include a track replay so we can take a look. 

Ensure you have game flight and game avionics disabled in the main DCS settings 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have the exact same issue after todays hotfix but only on certain missions. The repeatable one is Instant Action > Syria > Cold Start. This mission was working fine before today's hotfix.

I can't upload a track file here as it's just over the 5MB limit. If I create a quick mission with no assets the engines start ok and issue is not present. 

Eng-Issue.trk

Edited by BIGNEWY
added track
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

I have the same problem. So far, I have only seen in it in cold start instant action missions. Cold start fast missions do not seem to have it. It happens regardless of whether I use manual start or auto start. A boost pump fail message is shown, which seems to be a clue. I spent hours trying to figure out a way around it and failed.

Same for me - yesterday Syria Cold Start instant action worked just fine. Today after recent update 2nd engine fails to spool up when it reach ~55 whatever unit is shown on the page. One thing I noticed - there's "BOOST PUMP FAIL" advisory text on the upfront screen. Track file size is > 5mb, so here is link to download it from onedrive.

Yes, I confirm that it is not possible to start engine no. 2 on the Syria Scud Buster mission

SO I thought when the wind affects the functioning of ILS. 😄  
🤨 What if the outside temperature affects engine start. 
I lowered the temperature from 36°C to 29°C  in the mission editor and the engine started. 😲

Edited by paura19

On 3/29/2022 at 8:46 PM, cgjimeneza said:

I dont know what Im doing wrong, i turn on eng 1 ok, but eng 2 fails to start... im re watching every video i can find on youtube... is there a definitive guide?  by the book?

I have exactly the same thing in every Cold and Dark Instant Action mission.  Worked perfectly OK until today's patch.  Has something in startup changed?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Here is a track. It's very basic and quick as I was trying to get below the 5Mb limit!  Please tell me if there is something I am not doing here.

engine 2 issue.trk

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

After several hours we found a workaround:

1. Press Engine Start Switch 1 and 2 at nearly the same time.
2. Immediately set BOTH power levers to IDLE.
3. Engines start simultaneously.

Worked for us 8/10 times in Multiplayer...

Edited by [Eule-22] T-Bone

Specs: R7 3800X, 32Gb 3600Mhz, RTX 2070 S, M2 SSd 970 Pro

Equipment: microHELIS Bell 206 Pedale + Toe-Brakes, microHELIS OH-58D Collective, microHELIS OH-58D Cyclic, Realteus Forcefeel, TrackIR 5

And another track; Instant Action -> AH-64D -> Marianas Cold Start

Just the minimum: Battery, APU, Left Engine, Right Engine.

Turns out when the left engine is put to "FLY", the right engine starts fine. In the previous version, it worked okay to leave the left engine at idle and then advance them both after the engines were started.

Not saying this is a bug, just it's different compared to how it worked before. 😉

Marianas_AH-64D_Cold_Start.trk

Can't be right.  I mean lots of people - including Wags and myself - bind the power levers to both engines, so the left to Fly wouldn't work.

39 minutes ago, [Eule-22] T-Bone said:

After several hours we found a workaround:

1. Press Engine Start Switch 1 and 2 at nearly the same time.
2. Immediately set BOTH power levers to IDLE.
3. Engines start simultaneously.

Worked for us 8/10 times in Multiplayer...

Yep, that workaround works.  Start 1 and 2 at almost the same time and all is good.  Clearly something that needs sorting out,

I thought i had the same issue, but then it sometimes happened sometimes not.

what I found:

- if you have rotor brake engaged, engine 2 does not go above 52 NG

disengage rotor brake BEFORE you start engine 1

- I think ( inconclusive) that you also mess up the start on engine 2 if you go to outside view during start of Engine 1...but thats just a thing i thought i noticed....

definitely something fishy and hard to reproduce there

I also have this issue in MP post the hotfix.  I found that once engine stagnates at 52% if you hold Ignition Override on that engine until the NG% turns green the engine starts.

Definitely not like this this morning pre hotfix!

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

I tried to supply a track file but it is 28.6 MB. 

Why do you keep asking for then then limit the upload size to 5MB? 

This problem does not occur, for me anyway, in single player, only on MP servers. 

I have a track file if you provide a suitable way to upload it.

Edited by Specter

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

40 minutes ago, Specter said:

I tried to supply a track file but it is 28.6 MB. 

If you're on a 2D monitor and use a headtracker like TrackIR, you can disable TrackIR and use the mouse to pan around. It'll drastically reduce the track size and may even make it clearer what happens and what the focus is.

Since the patch, I can't get the second engine to start.  The NG refuses to go above 52.  Even holding down the override or hitting the start sequence again, it just hits a 52 ceiling then starts dropping.  I get a Boost Pump Fail warning each time I try to start an engine, even when the first engine starts.

I've tried the workarounds people have suggested but none of them work for me.  I also noticed that if I start the #2 engine first, then engine #1 exhibits the behavior.  I'm experiencing this in single player and cannot get both engines running, so it's pretty game breaking.  Tried advancing the power as NineLine suggested, but that doesn't work for me.  Engine 1 ramps but 2 just falls face first in the dirt like a 5 year old kid who was running and tripped over his own feet.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

• Like 1