Engine no.2 does not spool up and shuts down

cgjimeneza

Is already reported in another thread. Happens to me only in Syria and PG map, not in Causacus, weird.

Didn’t try what Bong suggest, but if I start the two engines at the same time and move both power levers to idle, (and then to Fly) it works.

Edited by nachomaga
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, nachomaga said:

Found the thread, fixed internally

Yep, I saw that, but fixed internally does me no good right now unfortunately.

1 hour ago, BongPow3r said:

I've noticed this problem for me in one of those missions. When the second turbine is at 52, just put both sticks into the fly position. It will look weird then, but It will start normally after a few seconds and u can fly.

I tried this, but when I push power to fly, the NG just tanks and the engine dies.

26 minutes ago, nachomaga said:

Is already reported in another thread. Happens to me only in Syria and PG map, not in Causacus, weird.

Didn’t try what Bong suggest, but if I start the two engines at the same time and move both power levers to idle, (and then to Fly) it works.

This is interesting.  I'm trying cold start on the Persian Gulf map.  I'm wondering if temperature is having something to do with it.  I'll give it a try on Caucuses.

OK, so it was still exhibiting the same behavior on Caucuses and the NG was spooling up much slower than it should but I was able to push through by moving the power up to fly before #2 NG hit 50.

So yeah, wonder if this is being exacerbated by temps somehow?

Edited by Grizzley78

25 minutes ago, nachomaga said:

Grizzley, I just try again the Persian Gulf cold start instant mission (with a wingman) and the start engines at the same time workaround is working for me. Good for me until we get a fix.

Thanks, I'll try starting at the same time.  Don't think I've tried that yet, still just trying one at a time.