Aerobraking doesn’t feel possible with the current flight model.

Hawkeye91

Trying to do landings like at 2:45 and currently it feels like no matter how soft I try to touch I can’t do a proper aero brake. It feels like the nose is always forced down after the main gears touch down as of the plane is way too nose heavy. Im able to pull the nose back up after it touches but sometimes trying to pull it up causes me to become airborne again as it takes quite a lot of aft stick to get those back up and when it does start to move, it goes really fast. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It's been a while since I last flew the Viggen, but don't remember ever attempting to aerobrake .. why do it when you've got a thrust reverser?

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

4 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

It's been a while since I last flew the Viggen, but don't remember ever attempting to aerobrake .. why do it when you've got a thrust reverser?

Because it’s a realistic technique when landing at airports used to save on brakes and engine wear and tear when a short field effort isn’t required. It’s even listed as a technique in Hearblur’s manual.

Edited by Hawkeye91
  • Like 6

I just "finished" this earlier today. Give it a spin and see what you think. 😉
Unfortunately it does not pass IC, so it's singleplayer only.

Any feedback is very welcome.

AJS37 realistic suspention.zip

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

2 minutes ago, MYSE1234 said:

AJS37 realistic suspention.zip 2.21 kB · 0 downloads

Interesting, so it could be more related to the suspension physics than the flight model? I was wondering if it’s possible the wheel trucks weren’t pitching back enough and causing a nose down force I feel on landing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawkeye91 said:

Interesting, so it could be more related to the suspension physics than the flight model? I was wondering if it’s possible the wheel trucks weren’t pitching back enough and causing a nose down force I feel on landing.

Maybe not 100% due to the suspension, but it does seem to be a major factor. Everything gets easier with the mod above: Takeoff, landing.. Basically anything that has to to with the aircraft touching the ground is improved.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, MYSE1234 said:

Maybe not 100% due to the suspension, but it does seem to be a major factor. Everything gets easier with the mod above: Takeoff, landing.. Basically anything that has to to with the aircraft touching the ground is improved.

Is ground handling and take and landing FM something on HB’s radar to fix/improve?

Well I already did notify of this apparent change in the FM behaviour, but the devs said, FM model had not been changed. It was doable before. But now, no matter how much I try to land softer, the nose comes down quick.

At present state, doing an aerobrake on a Viggen is impossible. You can however just pull the nose up again for an aerobrake, after the nose comes down while attempting the aerobraking after that flare touchdown. But cannot maintain it in the first.

I do hope they get this fixed in the upcoming patches.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jojyrocks said:

Well I already did notify of this apparent change in the FM behaviour, but the devs said, FM model had not been changed. It was doable before. But now, no matter how much I try to land softer, the nose comes down quick.

At present state, doing an aerobrake on a Viggen is impossible. You can however just pull the nose up again for an aerobrake, after the nose comes down while attempting the aerobraking after that flare touchdown. But cannot maintain it in the first.

I do hope they get this fixed in the upcoming patches.

Yes! Thank you! I swore I used to be able to aero brake properly but it felt like something changed, but I wasn’t sure if I was remembering correctly. @IronMike Is this something you guys at Heatblur could look into?

Yes this is better with your mod. I thought it was good a few updates ago too but something happened on some update.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Am 29.3.2022 um 23:50 schrieb MYSE1234:

Any feedback is very welcome.

AJS37 realistic suspention.zip 2 kB · 13 Downloads

Hi MYSE1234, your mod is truly amazing, but I ran into a problem with the beginning of taxiing. Before, it was necessary to give a little bit throttle forward and the plane began to move, but now I need to give half of the throttle to start taxiing and when doing so, the plane jumps forward and then I have to press the brakes to stop it 😅.

Edited by Jagdgeschwader

Viggen GIF 2.gif

"If we don't end war, war will end us."  

H. G. Wells

2 hours ago, Jagdgeschwader said:

Hi MYSE1234, your mod is truly amazing, but I ran into a problem with the beginning of taxiing. Before, it was necessary to give a little bit throttle forward and the plane began to move, but now I need to give half of the throttle to start taxiing and when doing so, the plane jumps forward and then I have to press the brakes to stop it 😅.

It's been fixed, just not uploaded anywhere.

AJS37 realistic suspention 110422.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 4/11/2022 at 8:59 PM, MYSE1234 said:

It's been fixed, just not uploaded anywhere.

AJS37 realistic suspention 110422.zip 2.3 kB · 19 downloads

Great mod. Have you contacted HB? Should be an easy fix for them to implement?

• Like 1

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

28 minutes ago, MIghtymoo said:

Great mod. Have you contacted HB? Should be an easy fix for them to implement?

Thanks!
I most certainly have done that. 😄

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

Thanks!
I most certainly have done that. 😄

Hope they implement. 

Praying The Office GIF

Edited by MIghtymoo
  • Like 1

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...