Comms menu not working during flight

okmerflow
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

He guys,

I can use my comms menu on the ground but when I start flying it's stops working. I'm using Vaicom Pro to call up the menu (which never caused any problems) but even the default keybindings (L Alt+\ , \ or LShift spacebar) is (almost) completly dead. Sometimes when pressing it like 10 times it pops up. So it's completly random. Once I'm on the ground again it seems to work properly. Not sure if it's only Apache related but I don't have this problem with other aircrafts...

Anyone else experience this problem?

Cheers!

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi, 

the comms menu does not work when in the air, it is a ground comms menu only. 

Use the aircrafts mics to use the radio while in the air. 

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

12 minutes ago, okmerflow said:

He guys,

I can use my comms menu on the ground but when I start flying it's stops working. I'm using Vaicom Pro to call up the menu (which never caused any problems) but even the default keybindings (L Alt+\ , \ or LShift spacebar) is (almost) completly dead. Sometimes when pressing it like 10 times it pops up. So it's completly random. Once I'm on the ground again it seems to work properly. Not sure if it's only Apache related but I don't have this problem with other aircrafts...

Cheers!

I think I have had this using viacom with the command "Options" not working all the time. I had assumed it was a viacom problem as I have it to not show the menus. This solution makes sense. Is that how you have you have your VP set? 

I've had problems in the hind not showing the menu to choose cargo when under slinging (again via VP), must be because it is calling the comms menu and not the radio one.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, okmerflow said:

Thanks for your reply guys! What "aircraft mics" in the Apache am I looking for to make it work? I must be overlooking it, but can't see find it...

Cheers!

The normal radio transmit button and there is a second for intercom. This module seem to also have secondary ones for VOIP, but I've not tried/bound those yet.

• Like 1

I had same problem trying to rearm in the farp, for the life of me couldn't bring up the menu. I put it down to vaicom..

I have similar problem in the huey but press the comms key a bunch of times from the right hand seat then it works.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, okmerflow said:

He guys,

Cheers!

Another Vaicom user here with the same problem. I actually have disabled Vaicom at the moment while flying with the Apache. I'm going to want it back again (love it when flying the FA18 off and back on the deck of the Supercarrier, among other things) but yeah - it's got an inheritent problem with the in game menu for some reason. Symptoms include the menu appearing randomly (which is normally fixed with an update or doing the usual 'fixes') but keeps returning after other updates, or as in your mentioned case - unable to access any COM menu's while in flight while it's activated. 

There's obviously some base link between coms menu and Vaicom - and the way it's done is obviously in such a way that it can interfere with normal operations if not exactly right. I'm guessing Vaicom doesn't have access to the SDK so are doing their best without it maybe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...