Flight groups - Abris - Datalink - Multiplayer (Coop)

MadTommy

Ok i've been looking for this answer and haven't been able to find it.

Basically in the mission editor you can't have more than one 'client' in each flight group. And therefore you can't use data-linking, unless i'm mistaken

However in the producer's notes video and other media i have seen it insinuates that you can use data link info between 4 different players.

How is this possible? And how do i need to setup my coop missions so we can use this feature?

Thanks .. :helpsmilie:

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Ok i've been looking for this answer and haven't been able to find it.

Basically in the mission editor you can't have more than one 'client' in each flight group. And therefore you can't use data-linking, unless i'm mistaken

However in the producer's notes video and other media i have seen it insinuates that you can use data link info between 4 different players.

How is this possible? And how do i need to setup my coop missions so we can use this feature?

Thanks .. :helpsmilie:

I did fly 3 man multiplay yesterday (w/ different flight)

dont know this is the correct way but we could send and receive data eachother in this way.

first synchronize radio frequency

Flight1(leader) - self datalink ID 1 - Commander mode

Flight2 - self datalink ID 2 - Wingman mode

Flight3 - self datalink ID 3 - Wingman mode

Thanks.. so all you have to do is set your datalink IDs different?..

Were you able to see each other on the abris map? Or did you have to send your location via datalink?

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

You can also have more than 1 player on the same ID code but the ABRIS symbols will flash for those players.

You will usually find the dial set to COMMANDER and #1 when you enter the cockpit in MP so you will want to re-set the Datalink dial off of the #1 ID and also set WINGMAN... unless you are the #1 ship.

from 1 - 4 players, just select the ID 1 to 4.

with more than 4 players, the players need to define different frequencies for each group (the groups are not set in the edito, you can have 4 flightleads on one frequency for that matter).

we mostly choose the standard frequency for the flight 1, then the 126.5 mhz frequency for the second flight, and 125.5 mhz for the leads. that way, the leads can tune in to share their targets, then tune back into the own flight and share them with the wingmen...

Democracy is choice, not freedom...

Thanks.. so all you have to do is set your datalink IDs different?..

no, we arent neccesary to set ID number different.

its matter of usability.

if I want to manage 16 man in same radio frequency

I will seprate team 4x4 and make them to assign ID 1 for ABCD, ID 2 for EFGH, ID3 for......

(I think, to separate frequency for each 4 is the better way to manage team though)

--------------Im sorry upper is wrong-----

I recall that setting same number fecked up position datalink.

so you have to separate number of self ID and if we have more than 4 member, we have to seprate radio frequency.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by verana_ss

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing MP with a friend over the Internet for hours today. We had a big problem with datalink. it just wouldn't work at all.

We are obviously in two seperate flight groups.

We have different ID's

I was set to Command, he was set to Wingman.

I could see his icon (2) on the Abris without a problem but nothing I sent, target info or ingress info was received by him and vica versa.

When we changed IDs we could both see the ID change in the red circle on the Abris.

Read the manual, read the forums, Tried switching VHF-1 on/off, DL on/off, VHF-2 on/off, Intercom on/off Checked the radio frequencies were the same and tried changing them. Even tried the big red X channel switcher to different channels. Tried SA-TLF switch.

I should point out that when I locked a target, hit vehicle, DL ALL, send/mem it didn't show up on my Abris either...

We were running Teamspeak and were in constant communication about the issue, checked just about all panel switches.

The only thing we didn't try is mentioned here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=34578

That you should set one player to send only and one to receive only but this isn't mentioned in this thread just Command/Wingman.

Oh I should point out that I also tried editing the mission so that we had different callsigns and so on.

Can someone help please? Very frustrated!

5. Set the target type or ingress point on the Data Link Control Panel (the corresponding button will light ).

6. On the Data Link Control Panel, press the “ПРД/ПАМ” (transmit /memory) button to place the target in memory. On the ABRIS, the corresponding target symbol with assigned number will appear.

7. If necessary, repeat steps 1-6 to create additional targets.

8. When done creating targets, press the “СБРОС” (Reset) button “ПВР” on the Targeting Mode Control panel, and this will reset the Shkval LOS to default/boresight.

Data Exchange between Helicopters:

You must choose a target type, then the recipient, and then go back to the target type button in order to scroll through targets on the ABRIS. Do not push the send button (step 4) until you have a target symbol and flight member icon flashing on the ABRIS.

The exception to this: if you have selected the “ВСЕМ” (TO ALL) button, none of the flight member icons will flash on the ABRIS.

When handing off target data to a flight member(s) without first creating a target on the ABRIS, (i.e. using Shkval tracking) leave the target type button unpressed, press intended recipient number, and then press the “ПРД/ПАМ” (Send/Memory) button on the Data Link Panel. The coordinates on the ground where the Shkval is locked will be sent to the recipient(s).

Edited by Shepski

The flight group does not matter. What does matter is the data link radio frequency be common and each flight member have a unique ID number.

Matt,

Is it possible to receive data from other helicopter types with better sensors, like the Mi-28N?

What would be blast to have is the ability to make a hunter-killer flight of combined helicopters, the player commanding his Ka-50 and the computer in charge of one of those modified Ka-29s they used in Chechnya for AFAC.

Still, it would be great to get some target info from the radar-equiped Mi-28N nonetheless.

Cheers,