Night Ops

joojoo

• 3 weeks later...

From today Newsletter:

An important and challenging feature of DCS: Supercarrier has been the development of night operations. Over the past year, we have been working on several aspects that will soon be released to Open Beta. These include new deck crew animations that utilize the new skeletal animation system, new animations that are specific to night operations and the inclusion of light wands. This will make deck operations at night much easier and more realistic.For the aircraft, deck crew and objects on the “roof” at night, we have improved lighting and shadows based on the deck and tower lights. We continue working on this feature to enhance performance and frame rates. Please note that deck shadows will be an option that you will need to switch on in the graphic options.On final approach, you’ll now need to contend with the “burble” effect. This disturbed air flow coming off the back of the carrier results in a brief partial loss of lift as you close in. This can make things much more of a challenge if you are in-prepared. We continue to tweak this effect and you can expect the first iteration shortly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Wags pinned this topic

There is A GREAT video of new animations and light wands. It looks awesome, but...

@BIGNEWY it looks like deck crew in idling animation has wands on and just makes "background noise". Wands should be only on crew members directing a plane at the moment, to not confuse anyone.

PS

• Like 1

Also will the bright yellow flood lights be tweaked to a dimmer orange? Currently they are way too bright and way too yellow. In real-world footage you can see they are a dim orange, and the cameras all have visible noise from having to push higher ISO to capture anything in the darkness.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, PatientMental76 said:

When does the night update release?

It released on Open Beta today. 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

I haven't done night ops in awhile.... But I recall that turning on your lights is supposed to be the signal to launch (in lieu of salute).

It doesn't seem to work now, I have to salute anyway. Is this correct?

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

38 minutes ago, Sandman1330 said:

I haven't done night ops in awhile.... But I recall that turning on your lights is supposed to be the signal to launch (in lieu of salute).

It never worked for Hornet. Heatblur made it for Tomcat, but ED is still unable to acomplish that feature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2022 at 6:02 PM, Foka said:

There is A GREAT video of new animations and light wands. It looks awesome, but...

@BIGNEWY it looks like deck crew in idling animation has wands on and just makes "background noise". Wands should be only on crew members directing a plane at the moment, to not confuse anyone.

PS

I noticed that the deck crew doesn't turn their wands on until you request launch and get close enough for the flight director to catch you.  BUt, they ALL do turn them on.

v6,

boNes

1 hour ago, Sandman1330 said:

Mine works.  BUt it is when you hit the master light switch so they all come on at the same time.  When you do they will get you launched, you don't have to even salute.  Come to think of it that was the Tomcat, haven't tried the Hornet yet.  Will get back to you...

v6,

boNes

Edited by bonesvf103
  • Like 1

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

OK..checked in the Hornet.

Wands come on only for essential personnel, namely the greenshirt when getting you hooked up on the shuttle and the flight director.

Lights on does not trigger the deck crew launching you.  You have to choose "salute."

When you do salute, the wands come on for the remainder of the deck crew.

v6,

boNes

• Like 1

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot