Night Ops

joojoo

Anyone know if setting ICLS and ACLS on in the ME is correct or not. Do they conflict?
No conflict, they're separate systems and ideally should both be used, for redundancy. ACLS cues take priority, but in case something goes wrong with that, you can always use the ICLS cues to land.
  • Like 2

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Beyond impressed with the new Super Carrier update.  Loving the new lighting effects and deck crew.  Thanks for the continued support of the SC ED.  Really looking forward to the future of this module and what's to come.  Did a simulated walk around on deck in free cam.  All of this was shot in VR (PIMAX8K).  Really looking forward to the ready room and below the deck content. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2022 at 5:30 PM, Hoirtel said:

Anyone know if setting ICLS and ACLS on in the ME is correct or not. Do they conflict?

No issues here and in my opinion i don´t see any possible conflict.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

7 hours ago, fagulha said:

No issues here and in my opinion i don´t see any possible conflict.

Good to know. I've tried using it once and didn't get it work. Most likely pilot error but I realised I had both set on, so file will be relavent anytime. 

Im left a little frustrated by the SC night ops as they cain my system down to 58 fps (lower in an F14) on an occupied deck when looking towards the 6 pack area whick k-nackers my vsync. The E2C doesnt play nice either if its launching close by where you spawn. 

The only real solution is to loose the (jaggly) secondary shadows or loose the deck life and move the E2 away. Not ideal.

1080P on a 3080 Id hoped for better. 

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

On 5/7/2022 at 1:51 PM, Boosterdog said:

Im left a little frustrated by the SC night ops as they cain my system down to 58 fps (lower in an F14) on an occupied deck when looking towards the 6 pack area whick k-nackers my vsync. The E2C doesnt play nice either if its launching close by where you spawn. 

The only real solution is to loose the (jaggly) secondary shadows or loose the deck life and move the E2 away. Not ideal.

1080P on a 3080 Id hoped for better. 

That's very strange cause on my rig (3070, 32Go RAM and Ryzen 5800x) on the F14 with secondary shadow, it's very smooth, better than before the update. And I'm in VR, so it should be worse.

Perhaps you have a mod or something that borrow your FPS.

1 minute ago, Elunnia said:

That's very strange cause on my rig (3070, 32Go RAM and Ryzen 5800x) on the F14 with secondary shadow, it's very smooth, better than before the update. And I'm in VR, so it should be worse.

Perhaps you have a mod or something that borrow your FPS.

My comments were more about the impact of the dark on the game and the SC in particular than the secondaries alone.  I would also say my experience is based on my own demanding expectations as much as anything else. 

Having taken a longer look, the overall impact  of the secondaries alone for me is about 10fps at night  worst case- there is no difference during the day. For the added fidelity that the shdows bring, I would say this is more acceptable. Less  pleasing is the impact of the darkness in general on the SC which, in combination with the secondaries knock 30fps off in worst case (20fps on its own).  

The largest impact I see is when looking over from EL4 onto a deck with a busy 6 pack, Street , Junk Yard and Patio. Not surprising of course as  this position provides the widest view of the deck, and with many objects comes many shadows and cast calulations in additioan to thier own baggage. I could of course start on a vacant carrier and enjoy 120 fps but that would be a hollow experience.

Im not sure how full your carrier deck is. My original template used 5 loaded FA18Cs on the 6 pack, 4 lower res F18Cs behind them, 2 E2s, 2 SH60s and 2 F14s as statics plus a lot of deck crew and other items. The modded version also used an C2 Greyhound, 2 EA6B and Ratos Seahawks as replacements for the stock SH60s. So its a lot and I accept that. Even so, its holds up a decent 70-85 fps even in the Tomcat (10 fps more in the F18) during the day. 

Ive now adjusted some of the missions so I start on the 6 pack and with a slightly reduced number of objects in that area (minus 4 FA18Cs). This  improves matters a little (10fps roughtly which is likely the down to the absence of the aircraft models rather than the lighting) and enough to keep my rate up beyond the magic vsync 60 at least in the Hornet). As a tade off it isnt so bad either.  

For now, its an  acceptable compromise given the integrity the shadows bring to the deck. In time though, I really hope to see less of a hit in the night performance in general though and some refinement to the secondaries in time.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

In the mission I have 3 F14 on catapult, and 1 E2 on cata 4.

My plane park with 3 other F14, 6F18 parks, 4 F14 flying above. And one helico flying next to the carrier, one park at the ilot.

Some static object and the crew at each catapult.

No mod, both Hi res textures and shadow on medium.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

perhaps my viewing,but as soon as dusk comes in, Carrier deck looks too dark to me,making difficuld the approach. Maybe deck lights could come on automatically ? Its what I see in many online servers,with VR

that's why the deck has marker lights on the landing area perimeter and the centerline, that is what you're flying off of. Not how illuminated the deck is. When the carrier switches to case 3 approaches it automatically turns those lights on when somebody calls in. 

Some servers will turn those lights on manually through scripting. Was added in recent updates. 

Edited by Muchocracker
  • Like 1