Data Cartridge/saving cockpit states

Frost

Since there is stil no mission cartridge-system*** is there at least some kind of workaround, third party tool, or a way to manipulate the aircraft files directly, so I could save an aircraft in a very specific avionics state and with customized display and weapons profiles?

***(neither a more indepth one for individual modules nor a more generalized one for all modules. For example as part of the editor)

PS: Imho, such an option through the regular GUI would elevate the entire sim much more than "just another aircraft". It could be as immersive as a virtual data cartridge system, or as basic (but still very functional) as being able to save a mission at any point, especially after the aircraft is perfectly configured. I mean something that even decades old flight sims already managed.

Or is there actually a way to save a mission/flight at any given time and I just missed it? I'm still quite new to the DCS world.

Edited by Frost
  • Like 2

• Frost changed the title to Data Cartridge/saving cockpit states
5 hours ago, Frost said:

Since there is stil no mission cartridge-system*** is there at least some kind of workaround, third party tool, or a way to manipulate the aircraft files directly, so I could save an aircraft in a very specific avionics state and with customized display and weapons profiles?

Yes, at least for some things. I have my own countermeasure profiles, MFD configs, and IFFCC settings saved. They're buried in the lua files. I don't know about weapon profiles, I know the HMCS settings can't be done, which would be nice.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

20 minutes ago, Deezle said:

Yes, at least for some things. I have my own countermeasure profiles, MFD configs, and IFFCC settings saved. They're buried in the lua files. I don't know about weapon profiles, I know the HMCS settings can't be done, which would be nice.

Can you give more infos about how you manage that?

3 hours ago, icemaker said:

Can you give more infos about how you manage that?

Sure, the countermeasure lua can be found \Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Cockpit\Scripts\AN_ALE40V\device\AN_ALE40V_params.lua

IFFCC is in DCS \Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Cockpit\Scripts\IFFCC\SETTINGS.lua

MFCDs are in \Mods\aircraft\A-10C_2\Cockpit\Scripts\MFCD\device\MFCD_left(right)_param.lua

I tried to do other things like  defaultTGP settings but was never able to make it work, now that we have the A-10C II upgrade, the TGP laser mode is latched by default which mostly makes that a moot point for me.

Edited by Deezle
  • Thanks 1

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer