The F-35 Thread

Groove

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, retractable are antenas for communications and navigation lights are not retractable

The anti-collision light is removed for combat and the upper one is not installed. It is not retractable, it has to be removed and the area covered. You are also missing more antennas on you photos. I wonder if the wiper blades also affect RCS.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The anti-collision light is removed for combat and the upper one is not installed. It is not retractable, it has to be removed and the area covered. You are also missing more antennas on you photos. I wonder if the wiper blades also affect RCS.

Yes, you are right, I skip anti-collision lights and small antennas.

May be it's funny, but if the wiper blades create an 'Angle of incidence' they increase RCS :)

1464317568_F-117nav.thumb.jpg.f5ceaf2d7f1c37e93e871f3e10cf91d8.jpg

1742079050_F-117nav-antena.thumb.jpg.245c15a160312a394979b54a3ff62a98.jpg

Also the ILS antennas. Never seen a photo with them out. Same with the wipers.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Interesting moment - all seams on F-117A are glued with special bands. But on F-22/F-35 we see in some place not covered rivets.

Do you have any examples of what you mean?

To whom it may concern,

I didn't find close-up view of F-117A, but on F-22A you can see gaps and rivets.

F-117 and F-22 /F-35 have different coating but they look very close to each other. Those seem like screws not rivets. I would imagine they only need to be covered in actual missions and no need to do it on day to day training. I am sure you can find photos of B-2, F-117, F-22 and F-35 with looks like yellow or green strips. Those areas are missing coating. On F-117 you normally see a lot of gray lines. Those normally indicated a coating repair.

http://imagesvc.timeincapp.com/v3/foundry/image/?q=60&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1493934898373-170505-f-zz999-413.jpg

https://media.defense.gov/2014/Mar/14/2000868416/-1/-1/0/140313-F-WI299-093.JPG

https://www.holloman.af.mil/Article-Display/Article/663603/holloman-refurbishes-retired-f-117-nighthawk/

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Look at that, here is a photo with ILS antennas extended.

[ATTACH]193296[/ATTACH]

Also, keep in mind that you will miss many other things in photos

For example all the circle here are screens not solid panels. you can see through this.

[ATTACH]193302[/ATTACH]

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Look at that, here is a photo with ILS antennas extended.

[ATTACH]193296[/ATTACH]

Also, keep in mind that you will miss many other things in photos

For example all the circle here are screens not solid panels. you can see through this.

[ATTACH]193302[/ATTACH]

Thanks for Information!

And another question about F-35 - Did you see photos where the F-35 with AGM-158?

Did you see photos where the F-35 with AGM-158?

:no:

To whom it may concern,

• 3 weeks later...

did trump's attitude lead to this mechanical failure? sources familiar with sources familiar with his thinking say that his psychic gestalt clashed with the gestalt of the maintenance men, leading to despondency which may* have resulted in the crash!

but i'm glad everyone lived. unfortunately, VTOLs are just going to crash more and i wasn't surprised it was a -B. harriers IIRC have the same problem and it's not a big surprise.

To whom it may concern,