Persisting World

Frost

Now back to the OP. While flying the same airframe isn't a thing. That doesn't mean that deployed aircraft don't degrad some. Not everything can be fixed immediately. And no jet is ever fully functional. It want be nice to have a virtual squadron in a campaign. Honestly and campaign not just dynamic. Each flight could deirorate the engine until it requires a change, regeneration to 100%. Maybe have a few nonessential systems inoperable. Like you Maybe can always take a targeting pod because that jets pod doesn't work. Or maybe that jet can't ARR. Or maybe the console lights don't function. The groundwork is already laid. It could be a cool way to make you feel like you are part a squadron in combat. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FlankerKiller said:

...That doesn't mean that deployed aircraft don't degrad some. Not everything can be fixed immediately. And no jet is ever fully functional. It want be nice to have a virtual squadron in a campaign. Honestly and campaign not just dynamic. Each flight could deirorate the engine until it requires a change, regeneration to 100%. Maybe have a few nonessential systems inoperable. Like you Maybe can always take a targeting pod because that jets pod doesn't work. Or maybe that jet can't ARR. Or maybe the console lights don't function. The groundwork is already laid. It could be a cool way to make you feel like you are part a squadron in combat...

That's basically my thinking. That and a virtual mission cartridge system would really tie everything together. I really have no idea if that would be possible from a programming POV, but maybe it would actually be possible to program something like a seperate "Mission & Maintenance" squadron module. An add on for fight and flight planning including a data cartridge system plus an entire loogbook and repair and maintenance section. Basically the bread to your DCS-burger.   

Edited by Frost
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Svsmokey said:

I rather think that ED knows their business better than we do . I also think that our blathering on about what they should or should not do with their business has absolutely no impact on their decisions .

So i don't see the point of this particular debate , unless it is to provide an outlet for micro-aggression , which i find no value in reading .

You know that you are in the "official" DCS wishlist section of the forums right? It's not about bug fixes, or a specific aircraft, or anything that might already exist, but about what might be cool for DCS's future. Are you really that kind of person that is always happy by just taking what he is given, has never a wish, an idea, or a suggestion? And you know that they were actually working on some kind of mission cartridge system? You can find it somewhere in the forums. And they probably dropped it, because nobody, or not enough people uttered a demand for something outside the old DCS formular. In this section here they can see what kind of things their customer might still want, and maybe they'll start working again on something like a DTC system. Also, as you might know, some of the best work in DCS world has been done by third party developers, which are probably also reading this section of the forums. And especially third party devs could develop "secondary" modules for the sim. 
At least imho there are already enough aircraft to have fun with for years and years. I don't think that there is a dire need for more at the moment.  But a more indepth editor with added functionality(DTC and maintenace) could elevate all modules at the same time. It would basically be something like a multiplier for the entire sim. That's a lot more bang for the buck than an additional aircraft module.

Edited by Frost
  • Like 2

Yes , thank you , i know where i am . I was not referencing DTC (which i would also like very much to have) or any other feature or module suggestion . I was referencing the "rewrite the entire code or die" debate .

47 minutes ago, Frost said:

You know that you are in the "official" DCS wishlist section of the forums right? It's not about bug fixes, or a specific aircraft, or anything that might already exist, but about what might be cool for DCS's future. Are you really that kind of person that is always happy by just taking what he is given, has never a wish, an idea, or a suggestion? And you know that they were actually working on some kind of mission cartridge system? You can find it somewhere in the forums. And they probably dropped it, because nobody, or not enough people uttered a demand for something outside the old DCS formular. In this section here they can see what kind of things their customer might still want, and maybe they'll start working again on something like a DTC system. Also, as you might know, some of the best work in DCS world has been done by third party developers, which are probably also reading this section of the forums. And especially third party devs could develop "secondary" modules for the sim. 
At least imho there are already enough aircraft to have fun with for years and years. I don't think that there is a dire need for more at the moment.  But a more indepth editor with added functionality(DTC and maintenace) could elevate all modules at the same time. It would basically be something like a multiplier for the entire sim. That's a lot more bang for the buck than an additional aircraft module.

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

The point is that we, at least I, am simulating the life of a pilot, not the life of a mechanic and it is assumed that when I leave my plane in the hangar, a mechanic prepares it for the next mission.

39 minutes ago, Svsmokey said:

Yes , thank you , i know where i am . I was not referencing DTC (which i would also like very much to have) or any other feature or module suggestion . I was referencing the "rewrite the entire code or die" debate .

Ok, then I'm sorry. But you didn't made yourself very clear about what or who you exactly meant. Again, sorry.

31 minutes ago, 28270 said:

The point is that we, at least I, am simulating the life of a pilot, not the life of a mechanic and it is assumed that when I leave my plane in the hangar, a mechanic prepares it for the next mission.

That is exactly what happens in real life. Your off the debrief, some food, and crew rest. I won't lie iv debriefed crews that don't even remember what jet they are on. They do look at the forms some. But mostly the configuration portion. The jet is inspected as soon as the crew get out. Then again in between. Hell the fucking Viper dose diagnostics on itself. Actually all modern aircraft do. Really they are basically carbon copies of each other. I would like to see some minor issues from time to time. Bit really on fighters there isn't much that isn't unnecessary. 

52 minutes ago, Frost said:

Ok, then I'm sorry. But you didn't made yourself very clear about what or who you exactly meant. Again, sorry.

No worries 🙂 i understand the confusion . I elected not to quote to avoid throwing further fuel on the fire .

• Like 1

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2