To Matt Wagner and all ED Staff

luckybob9

the things i really appreciate is absolute smoothness and optimization of this sim. it is not very common in this genre (example FSX).

Thanks for such a great sim. I wish good luck to ED and lot of sales.

What really suprised me was a lack of negative opinions, when i remember release of lock on.

And that´s it, now finaly we have a sim everyone always wanted. the wait was worth it.

I personally love it

Thanks ED and Matt

[sigpic][/sigpic]

MB MSI x570 Prestige Creation, RYzen 9 3900X, 32 Gb Ram 3333MHz, cooler Dark rock PRO 4, eVGA 1080Ti, 32 inch BenQ 32011pt, saitek X52Pro, HP Reverb, win 10 64bit

I'd also like to add my name to this thread.

I first started playing flying games (before there was any concept of a simulator) over 20 years ago. Back then, I never would have dreamed that I'd ever get to see something as truly astonishing as Black Shark in my lifetime.

Flanker was a great sim, but lacking in immersion and structure. Flanker 2 and 2.5 were big disappointments to me because they completely failed to address these issues. I felt very much the same about Lock On and the only reason I persevered with Flaming Cliffs was because the Su-25T was such a joy to fly.

The arrival of Black Shark has changed all of that. Finally, we have the holy grail of high-fidelity study sim and great gameplay. As an earlier poster pointed out, it's like the days of Longbow 2 again.

Black Shark really has turned out to be exactly what I hoped it would be and more. As someone who's been making games for over 11 years, I can really appreciate the love, hard-work and craftsmanship that's gone into this sim. It truly is an amazing achievement.

Congratulations, ED. I really hope this turns out to be as big a success as it deserves to be.

PS - I can't wait for the Mi-24. ;)

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• ED Team

Many thanks for the kinds words all. I speak for the team when I say that it really has been a labor of love. It would have been far easier, and probably more lucrative, to do a console game, but we really wanted to do something unique and push some boundaries. While we will be the first to admit that it is not perfect, I think it is a good starting point for DCS to grow from. In some ways I look at Black Shark as a stretching exercise for what will come. Right now I and much of the team are quite focused on A-10C Warthog and I honestly think you guys will be blown away. You ain't seen nothin' yet!

http://www.pcworld.com/article/155453-4/10_gifts_for_the_hardcore_techie.html

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by Wags

It would have been far easier, and probably more lucrative, to do a console game, but we really wanted to do something unique and push some boundaries.

It is truly great to have someone creating this detailed simulator for a very small group of people, compared to the regular gaming people. Big thank you for your effort, and i for one am looking very much forward to your future projects!

• Like 1

My thanks also...and that's why we bought the RU download, the EN download and I'll probably end up getting the DVD.

I have finally had a chance to dash around the skies, I've used Glowing Amraams sound mod, and now that I've discovered Flight Director, its like a whole new heli.

Excellent work...just need to get Vista 64bit to get my frames up (damn my poor E6600).

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

I for one, work in the game industry also, and time and time again, we've seen small projects get canned to make way for milk cow console games...

I can therefore understand 100% the sacrifice, the risks and the pressure it takes to make a game of this caliber :D

Thanks again

My first post here, thought I might as well make it a good one!

Thank you very much for this fantastic sim!

I can't recall the last time I saw a sim, or game for that sake, so bug free and feature rich right from the start! Of course there are things to be improved here and there (trees?), but nothing major really. And your plans for the future are simply amazing!

Looking forward to that A10, but in the mean time I will have my hands full with the KA50, thats for sure.

Outstanding work :thumbup:

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

Absolutely wonderful job ED. I have been out of computer gaming for 5 years. Black Shark has brought me back into PC gaming and I am building a CoreI7 machine for this game!

Thanks a lot! I bought the Russian AND English versions. Can't wait for a dedicated server module for this sim. I plan on hosting Black Shark games for a long time.

This is the best aerial sim I have played, no questions asked. Not just in its detail, but the way it just sucks you in - something the Lock On series failed to do for me. The flight model is such a joy that I can spend hours just flying.

I extend my deepest thanks to DCS for delivery of BlackShark and doing it in an environment where sims seem to be so 'yesterday' as the majority clamber for instant gratification.

Hopefully this sim marks the return of simulations to the PC market place. A tradition started with Falcon 3.0 back in the early ninetees. With many large corporate publishers abandoning the PC, we may well get back to an early ninetees situation where the PC is primarily a simulations platform.

FlashPan

I'd like to add my voice to the throng of people dishing out the well deserved adulation. Although lacking in certain areas, Black shark is without doubt the finest simulation of flight anybody has ever encountered. It is a masterpiece and I also hope you are justly rewarded for your patience in creating such a bug free piece of software, a rare occurrence these days.

Nate

Just adding to the kudos, another longtime flightsim fan here who owned Lomac but has been bored and spending most of his time the last few years with driving sims instead of flightsims (GTR2, Rfactor etc.), but Blackshark has really got me hooked, after 20+ flight hours I can tell you I haven't had this much fun since DI's Tornado and Longbow2.

Looking forward to many hours with the ka-50 and looking forward to the warthog and other future DCS modules.

--John

i7-920d0@4.2ghz, Foxconn Bloodrage, G.Skill 6GB DDR3 2000@1600 6-7-6-16

ATI5870 Eyefinity, 3 x P2310H monitors 5760x1080, Track4IR, Win7Pro64

Amen, This is an absolutely amazing work of art! I have also been flightsimming since highschool (1983) and back then, I could only dream of a sim like this. I have purchased just about every sim out there and I must say this is the cream of the crop! Thanks to all that worked on this.......it is well worth the wait. Now I am fully enjoying my TrackIR. It's also time for me to pull my Cougar out and dust it off :)

One more thing.... Wags, I really love viewing your producer's notes. Keep up the good work with those. Also, I haven't seen it mentioned but I for one, think the Blackshark music on the GUI page, is awesome! Oh yeah, this is the first and only program that gives me a reason to use Vista! I have a dual boot system and it definately runs smoother on vista (unlike all of my other sims).

~Redtail~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've seen many congrats topic in this forum about Ka-50, but this one seems to be the most successful.

Like most of the members here, I've been also simming for some time. (Harrier Jump Jet was my first military sim on Amstrad CPC 6128 . I believe I bought most of the sims out there since, at least on PC, and I've got a good 2 meters long worth of boxes on my shelves behind me (plus older sims in garage). :pilotfly:

Ka-50 is the most amazing and code efficient sim I have ever had the pleasure to use. No major bugs, no BSOD, no graphics issue, smooth framerate, quick launch, small footprint on HDD, amazing graphics, fantastic flight model, super hardcore systems modeling, total immersion, open architecture, multiplayer with efficient netcode, exhaustive manual for hardcore PC pilots. I have never been happier to have spent 50 dollars on a programme, and I am not saying that because I am in euro zone :smilewink:

I am a huge fan of ED staff now. Thank you thank you and thank you guys!

Yes, I really want to thank Matt and ED staff also. Very polished release and I'm glad you took your time to release it. I look forward to your future add-ons to DCS. In the meantime, thanks for simulation....it's easily the best I've ever played in my 20 years of flight simming. Happy Holidays and please get some rest and spend some time with your families! :)

I too would like to express my heart felt thanks for such a in dept sim. I have all most 20 hours in cock pit and I feel i am only now getting used to starting, flying and now shooting.

I have been looking at the sim since it was announced and to be honest it has not disappointed. I have the Russian version as I could not wait, but on Christmas Eve I will be downloading the English version.

I think you have surpassed LongBow 2 and when you release the AH-64 I may have to retire and stay on my pc for day, weeks and months playing it.

Seriously thank you for the hard work and I can only say I can not wait for the other modules.

Bullet

I7 4790K running at 4390 with a gigabyte board with 16 gigs of ram with an Asus gtx 660-ti and 2 tb of hard drive space on 2 wd hard drives. A X-65F Hotas with trackir4 and pro combat peddles. A kick butt home built machine unfortunately running a windows 7 OS.

It would have been far easier, and probably more lucrative, to do a console game, but we really wanted to do something unique and push some boundaries.

Whilst I don't for one second want you guys to turn your focus away from the DCS series, I think you'd make a mint releasing the arcade version on PS3 / XBOX 360!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]