Bugs and Problems

2 hours ago, Sonoda Umi said:

Question:

Mission 2, how to get contact with RAPCON Arrival?

I set the COMM 2 as 128.400, but unable to get contact with RAPCON Arrival via F10 radio menu.

Screenshot see as below.

Screen_220402_034046.png

Most likely you did not press enter on the UFC after selecting the channel, Ch5 especially seems really sensitive to this...still don't fully understand why buy assume its a hornet bug.  If you did press enter and it still didn't work let me know and I'll run some checks. 

16 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Most likely you did not press enter on the UFC after selecting the channel, Ch5 especially seems really sensitive to this...still don't fully understand why buy assume its a hornet bug.  If you did press enter and it still didn't work let me know and I'll run some checks. 

Did you mean press "ENTER" key after selecting the channel?

I tried this just now, pressed "ENTER" on the UFC, and it worked.

Edited by Sonoda Umi

As soon as I start mission 2 I get an abort message from the jtac and a message saying mission failed. Literally not even time to close the canopy

Also 1 of the 2 fa18s that take off at the start of the missions crashes soon after take off. This is long after the abort bug though

1 hour ago, Tommyh said:

As soon as I start mission 2 I get an abort message from the jtac and a message saying mission failed. Literally not even time to close the canopy

Also 1 of the 2 fa18s that take off at the start of the missions crashes soon after take off. This is long after the abort bug though

Hi,

Just checked the mission, I managed to reproduce the Hornet crash, seems the AI is causing itself an issue on takeoff, the return of the Hornet AoA bug.  Bit of a pain but of no consequence to the mission.  I couldn't reproduce the fail mission message though on any of 3 attempts.  To get the JTAC abort and fail message one of the blue units on the weapons range has to die (this should only happen if you kill them), so for this bug to pop up this must be why...the question is why are you having this happen, I know of others have already been through mission 2 with no problems.  Did it just happen once for you or repeated times?  If it's happened more than once, do you have any mods installed that may affect things?

Either way it has highlighted a potential vulnerability in one of the triggers so I'll modify accordingly, thanks for the report.

Hmmm this is really odd, seems DCS is killing a unit randomly, and so far as I know it's only happening to you.  I've put a debug version of M2 here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1nK52q4DDaesh3Rwa4zSzzhaeYrhfKctI?usp=sharing

If you can download it and play as a single mission it will fire a message after 10 seconds telling us which unit is dead, that will at least give us a starting point.  If we can't solve it I'll just patch out that trigger and send you the updated mission file today so you can proceed with the mission asap.

10 minutes ago, Tommyh said:

So.....watched the track, all worked fine my end, but this will be because the track isn't a replay but a recreation of the inputs on my system.   If you could please just check one more thing for me as my main concern here is that although I can easily fix this trigger, everything beyond a certain point may be getting deleted out (its the units beyond the blue end of world boundary on your tacview), which means the whole end of mission area could be missing for you.

So start the mission then once it fails bring up the F10 map and at WP12, click on one of the unit (ground 10-1) at the range then press F7.

map1.jpgmap2.jpg

Can you let me know what you see, there should be 4 white containers in the shape of a cross nearby, the Bradley IFV, bunker and watch tower we know are already dead, but are they destroyed and shown in their damaged state or have they simply disappeared?.  If the containers aren't there then please let me know.

12 minutes ago, Tommyh said:

image.png

image.png

So the white containers seem to be there. but the bradley is nowhere to be seen

regards

tom

i'm gonna try running DCS without my saved games file and see if that makes a difference just to be sure

Ok, this is just bizarre, let me know how you get on.  I'll happily patch out the trigger, would just be good if we could understand why it happened in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Cheers

Just now, Tommyh said:

Ok So after i deleted my saved game file the problem has been fixed. Thanks for all your excellent help. Gonna go through it and see what specifically caused it

Ok brill, thanks for letting me know!

• 2 weeks later...

Hullo,

In mission 8, when I reach WP1 where Poodle is orbiting at 250k FL250, I then press space when requested, and enter formation.

The thing is that Poodle then does a ridiculous trajectory lining up with the Gold corridor with a terrible AoA, and going from 250k to 150k like, stalling and crashing still on course.

image.png

I tried to not enter formation or pressing space at various Poodle orbit position, but it happened 4time in a row so I did skip the mission to progress 😉

8 hours ago, Z0mb13 said:

Hullo,

In mission 8, when I reach WP1 where Poodle is orbiting at 250k FL250, I then press space when requested, and enter formation.

The thing is that Poodle then does a ridiculous trajectory lining up with the Gold corridor with a terrible AoA, and going from 250k to 150k like, stalling and crashing still on course.

image.png

I tried to not enter formation or pressing space at various Poodle orbit position, but it happened 4time in a row so I did skip the mission to progress 😉

Hi, yeah this is an ongoing AI Hornet bug.  I had fixed this in all missions before release except this one as it was the only one where the bug wasn't appearing..  of course that now seems to have changed , sporadically at least.

I'll paste the fix below, already covered in a separate forum thread.

Ok checked it out and I managed to reproduce, not positive why we saw it but others didn't, but most likely dependent on where Poodle is when he turns to push into Gold.  If he turns too sharp this is when the Hornet's AoA bug can appear, and if he's over the mountains he struggles more to recover because of the ground elevation.

Anyways I've fixed it and as its a potential game-breaker, to save waiting for the next update please find the patched version here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k-UVUzwFmjCVL7RUL7XNA3bAiE0hme09?usp=sharing

just drop this file into your DCS Install > Mods > Campaigns > Operation Cerberus North folder and replace the existing M8 file.

Thanks

7 hours ago, ChillNG said:

Hi, yeah this is an ongoing AI Hornet bug.  I had fixed this in all missions before release except this one as it was the only one where the bug wasn't appearing..  of course that now seems to have changed , sporadically at least.

I'll paste the fix below, already covered in a separate forum thread.

Ok checked it out and I managed to reproduce, not positive why we saw it but others didn't, but most likely dependent on where Poodle is when he turns to push into Gold.  If he turns too sharp this is when the Hornet's AoA bug can appear, and if he's over the mountains he struggles more to recover because of the ground elevation.

Anyways I've fixed it and as its a potential game-breaker, to save waiting for the next update please find the patched version here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1k-UVUzwFmjCVL7RUL7XNA3bAiE0hme09?usp=sharing

just drop this file into your DCS Install > Mods > Campaigns > Operation Cerberus North folder and replace the existing M8 file.

Thanks

The update of the mission solves the problem. Thanks for the quick support!

• Like 1

Like persian freedom, this is a great campaign with beautiful immersion! However, I would like to file a formal complaint against Poodle: in the latter half of M8, he shot me down with an AMRAAM! Will have to play again to see if this issue persists.

Take care,

Tobse!

38 minutes ago, Tobse said:

Like persian freedom, this is a great campaign with beautiful immersion! However, I would like to file a formal complaint against Poodle: in the latter half of M8, he shot me down with an AMRAAM! Will have to play again to see if this issue persists.

Take care,

Tobse!

Hey Tobse thanks!  I'll pass it on, Poodle is a bit of a troll but that is a new level lol!  Don't think it's a bug, the AI can do that if you put yourself in their way.  But BAD Poodle!

Just started playing this .. and awesome job btw, minor "bug" feature, in mission 1 , Poodle takes off along 230 , which is the opposite way to the rest of the pattern, for visual effect ? 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

2 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Just started playing this .. and awesome job btw, minor "bug" feature, in mission 1 , Poodle takes off along 230 , which is the opposite way to the rest of the pattern, for visual effect ? 

In development minor changes in the mission kept causing the AI to switch the runway it used.  It was quite a bit of work to swap all the triggers around so I just left it as it.  Not realistic but it looks cool so i can live with it!

• Like 1