Bugs and Problems

On 4/18/2022 at 8:54 PM, ChillNG said:

Hey Tobse thanks!  I'll pass it on, Poodle is a bit of a troll but that is a new level lol!  Don't think it's a bug, the AI can do that if you put yourself in their way.  But BAD Poodle!

The engagement in M8 worked fine the second time around - things like that make me wish for a quicksave function in DCS, sometimes!

9 minutes ago, Tobse said:

The engagement in M8 worked fine the second time around - things like that make me wish for a quicksave function in DCS, sometimes!

Yeah it would be a massive help, even a limited checkpoint system.  These campaigns can be a big time investment so it can be frustrating when you get shot down!

• 1 month later...

Hi There

In Mission 2 training day, at the bombing range. Once I have the "Clear at Hot" message from jtac. Steep will immediately reply "devil 2 is off" and soon after jtac will give a report "target not destroy go around try again..." before I could get my pipper over target.

I notice this is the same for a later CAS mission in Yabrud using the maverick to kill a T55. Got the clear at hot msg, rifle, devil 2 is off, target not destroy, maverick impact, then I got told you are not clear to attack turn around and egress( mission finish).

Amazing campaign, I've never been so invested but I hope this get fix.

1 hour ago, bangin said:

Hi There

In Mission 2 training day, at the bombing range. Once I have the "Clear at Hot" message from jtac. Steep will immediately reply "devil 2 is off" and soon after jtac will give a report "target not destroy go around try again..." before I could get my pipper over target.

I notice this is the same for a later CAS mission in Yabrud using the maverick to kill a T55. Got the clear at hot msg, rifle, devil 2 is off, target not destroy, maverick impact, then I got told you are not clear to attack turn around and egress( mission finish).

Amazing campaign, I've never been so invested but I hope this get fix.

Hey thanks very much for the kind words, this should only happen when you pull off the target.  It's most likely that you are lining up on the target a little off axis, the 'off target' call is triggered by hitting a zone to the sides or rear of the target, if you stray into the zone you'll give the call.  I'd double check your run in heading and IP but I'll also double check the mission as well to be sure.

1 hour ago, ChillNG said:

Hey thanks very much for the kind words, this should only happen when you pull off the target.  It's most likely that you are lining up on the target a little off axis, the 'off target' call is triggered by hitting a zone to the sides or rear of the target, if you stray into the zone you'll give the call.  I'd double check your run in heading and IP but I'll also double check the mission as well to be sure.

Ahh right, maybe I should pay attention to my position since little room for error. Will there be a similar campaign for the Viper?

5 hours ago, bangin said:

Ahh right, maybe I should pay attention to my position since little room for error. Will there be a similar campaign for the Viper?

Yes, Viper campaign is being researched at the moment, will start work on it properly later this year.

• Like 1

HI, i've got an issue with launching missiles.

Launching missile(spacebar) is on the trigger of my warthog HOTAS.

But each time i've have to launch a missile, nothing happens.

I've tried not to use the hotas to trigger "space bar to continue" message, and only to use it for missile, same Issue... I've tried Ralt+Space on keyboard nothing.

And what is weird, is when i takeoff, and try to launch missile from the early beginning of the missions ==> it works! I've tried other mission, it always works also !!

I'don't understand, but i've restarded 4 times M9!! i'm desperate!

7 hours ago, pognhek said:

I've tried not to use the hotas to trigger "space bar to continue" message, and only to use it for missile, same Issue... I've tried Ralt+Space on keyboard nothing.

And what is weird, is when i takeoff, and try to launch missile from the early beginning of the missions ==> it works! I've tried other mission, it always works also !!

Try unbinding your missiles from the spacebar key, the press spacebar to continue command can cause a conflict with your controls.

9 hours ago, pognhek said:

You need to learn how to use your hotas, do not bind hotas buttons to "keyboard key presses" bind in game to actual joystick buttons so bind BTNn to the appropriate weapon release button for that aircraft inside DCS.

Edited by speed-of-heat

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Mission 10 Part 2 seems to be a bit broken. Lead doesn't want to fly directly to WP4 - he's making a constant turns left-right. Eventually he gets there, but a lot of time is wasted.

After hitting primary and secondary he flies to the spawn point and starts flying around. If you end up near Arkotiri you get a landing prompt. Upon landing, mission ends. Go figure. I've got a track, but it's 70mb large 🙂

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

3 minutes ago, Andrei said:

Mission 10 Part 2 seems to be a bit broken. Lead doesn't want to fly directly to WP4 - he's making a constant turns left-right. Eventually he gets there, but a lot of time is wasted.

After hitting primary and secondary he flies to the spawn point and starts flying around. If you end up near Arkotiri you get a landing prompt. Upon landing, mission ends. Go figure. I've got a track, but it's 70mb large 🙂

Sounds like it's related to this, fix is in now for the COB so hopefully we'll see it land into OB soon.

• Like 2

Just flew mission 8 and I'm a bit confused--the GPS coordinates that both Poodle and Sabre 2-2 give me appear to be just flat wrong.  I've tried the mission twice and not been able to locate the target for the bombing strike due to the FLIR issues, but even if I try to drop a JDAM on the GPS coordinates given in the 9-line--which match the coordinates given to you by poodle if you take to long locating the target--it's still not a hit.  

After that, I tried to finish the mission but the scripting seemed to be out of sorts.  The last scripted content I heard was Bear requesting to RTB as I was flying between WP4 and WP5, but nothing else after that.  I flew the rest of the mission and headed back to base but never got completion of the mission, even though I lingered near Sierra as long as my fuel held out. 

IDK maybe I messed up somewhere but I kept checking the coordinates given in Message history to verify I had the right lat and lon plugged in to both the hornet navigation data and the JDAM mission target and both appeared to be correct, but the actual point on the ground wasn't close to any enemy units.  

51 minutes ago, addiebee said:

Just flew mission 8 and I'm a bit confused--the GPS coordinates that both Poodle and Sabre 2-2 give me appear to be just flat wrong.  I've tried the mission twice and not been able to locate the target for the bombing strike due to the FLIR issues, but even if I try to drop a JDAM on the GPS coordinates given in the 9-line--which match the coordinates given to you by poodle if you take to long locating the target--it's still not a hit.  

After that, I tried to finish the mission but the scripting seemed to be out of sorts.  The last scripted content I heard was Bear requesting to RTB as I was flying between WP4 and WP5, but nothing else after that.  I flew the rest of the mission and headed back to base but never got completion of the mission, even though I lingered near Sierra as long as my fuel held out. 

IDK maybe I messed up somewhere but I kept checking the coordinates given in Message history to verify I had the right lat and lon plugged in to both the hornet navigation data and the JDAM mission target and both appeared to be correct, but the actual point on the ground wasn't close to any enemy units.  

Hi, so just checked mission, all worked OK for me but there maybe a few pointers I can give you:

- Target location.  There is still some debate going on about the TGP coords being slightly bugged and not always aligning exactly with the coords given, therefore the pod may slew to close to that location but not exactly on it...so you may have to search a little but it shouldn't be far.  When testing, the first time I slewed the pod it didn't seem to be too accurate but I did a wide orbit of the waypoint and re-slewed the pod and this is what I got:

image.png

The smoke is the target location so it was close.  If it helps there are (I think) 3 columns of smoke on that side of Raqqa so you can try manually slewing the pod on to them if needed.  I also set the WP altitude as 0 if that helps.

- Next part of mission.  It's hard to say what exactly went wrong based on what you said but here's how it should work.  You complete the task with Sabre by either destroying the target or aborting through the F10 menu.  After this Poodle asks you to  join back on him so you can push, IIRC if you don't fly back to Poodle he won't be triggered to push back onto the flight plan.  Without Poodle the mission will break as the triggers need him present, I'm guessing you might have proceeded on mission without him?  All you need to do here is fly back towards him and when close enough he will continue.  Just tested this and all worked fine.

Hope that all helps!

<later> 

I dug out the mission file and after finding the target mortars, it DOES appears that the mortar is indeed at the coordinates Poodle is giving, but when I put those coordinates into my hornet's nav system the FLIR points to an open field somewhere south-east of the actual target.

I'm honestly not sure what's up here,  because as I said, I'm *pretty* sure I entered the coordinates correctly--I checked them repeatedly because I was so confused in flight.  And if I try to drop a JDAM on the coordinates I still don't get a hit.  

I'll try it again, I guess.  Maybe I'm just bad but it sure seems hard to find the target when flir slewed incorrectly AND the flir display is blurry becuase of the current issue and also trying to read it through a medicore 1st gen VR headset. 😅

TBH part of the scripting problem might be that I'm just not able to linger around looking for poodle when I end up running very low on fuel because I have to loiter over the bombing area so long to try and find the target. 

Don't get me wrong, though: this is a really great campaign and I'm loving all hte missions. Definitely plan to get persian freedom if I ever buy the A-10 II, and look forward to playing the rest of the campaign!

49 minutes ago, addiebee said:

I'll try it again, I guess.  Maybe I'm just bad but it sure seems hard to find the target when flir slewed incorrectly AND the flir display is blurry becuase of the current issue and also trying to read it through a medicore 1st gen VR headset. 😅

TBH part of the scripting problem might be that I'm just not able to linger around looking for poodle when I end up running very low on fuel because I have to loiter over the bombing area so long to try and find the target. 

Don't get me wrong, though: this is a really great campaign and I'm loving all hte missions. Definitely plan to get persian freedom if I ever buy the A-10 II, and look forward to playing the rest of the campaign!

The FLIR issues certainly don't help, hopefully it'll be rectified soon.  If really struggling with it for now I'd advise just pressing space to say you seevthe target and you then have the option to abort the task pretty much straight away so at least you'll be able to continue 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

about two years later, the same bug on Mission 2 hits me. I have checked what happened to Tommyh herein below, but I have none of the mods that he listed.

Has anyone come across a definitive solution to the bug?

Il 3/4/2022 at 18:11, Tommyh ha scritto:

image.png

For anyone else who gets the issue these are the mods i had installed. Removing the mods folder solved the problem so I'm guessing it's found in one of these

6 hours ago, Tanker90 said:

about two years later, the same bug on Mission 2 hits me. I have checked what happened to Tommyh herein below, but I have none of the mods that he listed.

Has anyone come across a definitive solution to the bug?

I don't think there will be a solution to this other than remove all mods and try it then.  As DCS changes then the mods will break/break DCS in new ways so you can't rely on the same combo of mods being ok or not 2 years on.