Multiple cockpit instruments missing details

Lukas2438

Hello guys,

some instruments in the Huey cockpit don't look like they should. Perhaps a major (graphics) update in the past was responsible for this.
I have created a comparison between DCS and the manual, should be easy to understand what the issues are.

Greetings Lukas

Unbenannt-1.png

Edited by Lukas2438
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aviator78 said:

Where do these two files have to go?

EXAMPLE GAME install on E:\ Drive

E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Textures\UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

Both files would replace the original files in this zip. Backup the Zip file BEFORE the new files are copied into it. If you would have any issue put the original zip back.

• Thanks 4

Looks great!  Thanks!!!

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

On 4/1/2022 at 1:42 PM, DishDoggie said:

EXAMPLE GAME install on E:\ Drive

E:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Textures\UH-1H-CPT-TEXTURES.zip

Both files would replace the original files in this zip. Backup the Zip file BEFORE the new files are copied into it. If you would have any issue put the original zip back.

I had a total problem. The cockpit was a single texture, without the correct view of the instruments so I put the original back on.
The installation was, of the two original replacement files, by manual without any possibility of error.Hi.

5 hours ago, admiki said:

Does it break IC?

Just to make sure, I'll make it OvGME compatible

Edited to add: lucky for me, I already have Huey Kentucky windage gunsight mod. Just had to drop those two files in

Did you do anything special when making the archive? I just made one, but it fails to be deployed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

8 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Did you do anything special when making the archive? I just made one, but it fails to be deployed. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Not sure what is the difference, but if you just create zip archive it won't work. Use OvGME to create archive

Screen_220410_221306.png

Don't use open mod manager so have no idea what options there are for you, if you want I can just send the archive to you

Thanks!
But it did work manually. Both adding the files to the zip, and then overwriting the original.
In case you don't know, Open Mod Manager is the successor to OvGME, and also coded by Sedenion. But this time the code is on Github, so I might report it there, in case I found a bug.

It's so awesome when people come up with fixes and mods like this, as it adds so much. But What was that Kentucky thingy you mentioned?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Don't mess with the install folder, just use your profile! I have several cockpit mods installed that way and choose one of them inside special options. Mainly I use a no mipmap mod or vivid color (civilian) and with it I have the the red mark at 125 knt. I think these mods are based on (livery template) versions from years ago – but still working.

Don't mess with the install folder, just use your profile! I have several cockpit mods installed that way and choose one of them inside special options. Mainly I use a no mipmap mod or vivid color (civilian) and with it I have the the red mark at 125 knt. I think these mods are based on (livery template) versions from years ago – but still working.
Like install in the Saved Games folder and not in the core?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk