Early Access Pre-Order - F-4 Phantom

colin5392

On 3/30/2022 at 9:24 PM, colin5392 said:

When are we likely to see the Phantom Pre-Order?

they said 2022 so probably somewhere between oct 2022 - feb 2023 (that's my guess at least)

Phantoms Phorever!

F4.jpeg

19 hours ago, HEXO said:

they said 2022 so probably somewhere between oct 2022 - feb 2023 (that's my guess at least)

I think I read somewhere that they are planning on releasing it sometime in Q3 2022. (Don't ask me where exactly but I think it was in the announcement thread and from heatblur directly so it's somewhat reliable)

3 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

I hope there'll be a preorder discount, those HB modules usually cost a pretty penny.

there is always a pre-order discount 

3 hours ago, JayTSX said:

I think I read somewhere that they are planning on releasing it sometime in Q3 2022. (Don't ask me where exactly but I think it was in the announcement thread and from heatblur directly so it's somewhat reliable)

it might, now that i look at it, they said the Eurofighter will release after the Phantom which means the it is more complete than the Eurofighter, yet we saw the Eurofighter fly in DCS (Announcement Trailer) + we got pics of a mostly complete Cockpit on the Eurofighter and we know the external 3D model is done, that makes me think we might get it in Q2 (unlikely) but very possible!

Phantoms Phorever!

F4.jpeg

4 hours ago, HEXO said:

it might, now that i look at it, they said the Eurofighter will release after the Phantom which means the it is more complete than the Eurofighter, yet we saw the Eurofighter fly in DCS (Announcement Trailer) + we got pics of a mostly complete Cockpit on the Eurofighter and we know the external 3D model is done, that makes me think we might get it in Q2 (unlikely) but very possible!

Keep in mind that most of the stuff we know about Eurofighter was made public before the announcement of cooperation between HeatBlur and TrueGrit, and obviously they have completely different information policies. HB always keeps their cards a little bit closer to the chest. Comparing development progress based on what both companies made public is very tricky.

They may also have different workflows. That TG got their Eurofighter to fly with a placeholder FM in a given timeframe doesn't mean HB can do the same thing. Some things might be behind, while others are further along. Every team has its own way of doing things.

On 4/2/2022 at 8:00 PM, sparrow88 said:

Keep in mind that most of the stuff we know about Eurofighter was made public before the announcement of cooperation between HeatBlur and TrueGrit.

what does that have to do with EA tho... F-4E has been public since the 90s

Phantoms Phorever!

F4.jpeg

4 hours ago, HEXO said:

what does that have to do with EA tho... F-4E has been public since the 90s

The fact that you are trying to compare level of completion of these two modules basing on released screenshots. But with two different companies and therefore 2 different information policies that may not work at all.

On 4/4/2022 at 5:38 PM, sparrow88 said:

The fact that you are trying to compare level of completion of these two modules basing on released screenshots. But with two different companies and therefore 2 different information policies that may not work at all.

what does that have to do with the F4s release?????????

Phantoms Phorever!

F4.jpeg

On 4/9/2022 at 9:57 AM, HEXO said:

what does that have to do with the F4s release?????????

Maybe read Sparrows post again? It is very clear what it has do to with it..

Edited by Snappy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snappy said:

Maybe read Sparrows post again? It is be very clear what it has do to with it..

whaaaaat????? Heatblur and Heatblur are the same people iirc. and the EF and Phantom are releasing under heatblur's name, heatblur manages the publicity and stuff TrueGrit only cooperate in development 

Edited by HEXO

Phantoms Phorever!

F4.jpeg

2 hours ago, HEXO said:

heatblur manages the publicity and stuff TrueGrit only cooperate in development 

You got that backwards. EF is a TrueGrit module that the Heatblur is helping bring to DCS and lends its branding for. TG is still in control, it's HB that is helping. Until relatively recently, HB wasn't even involved.

The Phantom, meanwhile, is a 100% HB module, which they control entirely. As such, it has a very different information policy.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2022 at 10:38 AM, Dragon1-1 said:

I hope there'll be a preorder discount, those HB modules usually cost a pretty penny.

I'll sell my liver...
Edit: For a USN Phantom I'd like to sell you miss Piggy

Edited by 303_Kermit
  • Like 4

HB have also stated that they have been affected very heavily by the war in Ukraine (and personal stuff per the latest update) and are behind their roadmap. Knowing them (and how they tend to miss deadlines veeery slightly) I wouldn't expect a 2022 release anymore tbh.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 1

I know they said that they felt like they needed to say something when they announced they were working on it. But I kinda wish they would have said nothing at all since there almost ZERO information on it and where it stands...Since they announced it my interest in any of the modules I own has basically died. I have not jumped in the cockpit of any and fired up DCS in a few months because really the F-4 was ever the only aircraft I was interested in the last 10 years I have had it.  Since we know that it is being made and that cat is out of the bag I think if there is a major delay it should be made public and exactly how far from a estimated  release should be said. That is just how I feel about it. which holds about as much water as a screen door.

Edited by Manhorne
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Manhorne said:

I know they said that they felt like they needed to say something when they announced they were working on it. But I kinda wish they would have said nothing at all since there almost ZERO information on it and where it stands...Since they announced it my interest in any of the modules I own has basically died. I have not jumped in the cockpit of any and fired up DCS in a few months because really the F-4 was ever the only aircraft I was interested in the last 10 years I have had it.  Since we know that it is being made and that cat is out of the bag I think if there is a major delay it should be made public and exactly how far from a estimated  release should be said. That is just how I feel about it. which holds about as much water as a screen door.

Lol a screen door!

I feel the same in terms of my other modules other than the F-14 which is just of such high quality and helps me feel almost like the Phantom is just around the corner.

Given the current circumstances, of course a longer wait is completely reasonable. Hoping to get an update soon.

@Cobra847, sorry to hear about your loss. Condolences and all the best to you and your family.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Manhorne said:

Since they announced it my interest in any of the modules I own has basically died.

really? .. I love all my modules and more free time is the only thing that prevents me from flying some of them more often ...  losing interest on them in favor of an unreleased aircraft seems something incomprehensible to me. 🙄

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB