Early Access Pre-Order - F-4 Phantom

colin5392

3 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

really? .. I love all my modules and more free time is the only thing that prevents me from flying some of them more often ...  losing interest on them in favor of an unreleased aircraft seems something incomprehensible to me. 🙄

Well everyone's different. It's great that you feel that way about your modules.

But let's make an attempt to show you what at least I feel. I love and appreciate the work that has gone into these modules, and they are indeed amazing. But now imagine that literally the whole reason you got into flight sims - the airplane that sparked your interest into your hobby is now finally being made (especially after being canceled once before), and by one of the highest-quality module makers and then you realize, it's not that the other modules are crap, it's just that finally something you've waited for is actually going to be available.

Said another way, you're a big big fan of the dodge Viper and after driving reliable and perfectly lovely Honda Civics for 2 decades, you can finally afford your dream Viper. I haven't met anyone in this situation who would be still super into their Civic.

I bet Manhorne probably feels a similar way. It's not that hard to understand if you try 🙂

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, SgtPappy said:

Said another way, you're a big big fan of the dodge Viper and after driving reliable and perfectly lovely Honda Civics for 2 decades, you can finally afford your dream Viper. I haven't met anyone in this situation who would be still super into their Civic.

OK, I understand the analogy ... but I won't step down from my Civic until my dream car is actually here. I can't believe Manhorne would basically prefer to walk while waiting for the dream to arrive 🙂 

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

OK, I understand the analogy ... but I won't step down from my Civic until my dream car is actually here. I can't believe Manhorne would basically prefer to walk while waiting for the dream to arrive 🙂 

Haha Civics are too good to just leave, cold turkey! 😛

That said, don't shame Manhorne for it. Those who feel this way can't force themselves to feel what they feel nor can they force themselves to play if it doesnt make them happy. Ever try doing something you used to do often but just currently don't feel like doing? It becomes a chore!

• Like 1

We've certainly had a series of exceptionally unfortunate series of adverse events this year. Right now we're just standing on the gaspedal as much as possible.

It is worth noting that our engineering team is steaming full-speed ahead without issue, and having grown the team to 8 full-time engineers over the past year has added a level of capability that we have never enjoyed before. This will be paying off dividends across our products, in both speed and level of support as well as development time, and it has also helped to soften the blow of recent events.

Thanks for your patience and support! It means a lot. You should all remain very confident that you will hear from us later this year. 😉 

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 10

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

11 hours ago, SgtPappy said:

Haha Civics are too good to just leave, cold turkey! 😛

That said, don't shame Manhorne for it. Those who feel this way can't force themselves to feel what they feel nor can they force themselves to play if it doesn't make them happy. Ever try doing something you used to do often but just currently don't feel like doing? It becomes a chore!

Like i said . Its just how I feel. I could go into a long drawn out explanation to explain it I suppose. I guess its just my pessimistic change in my mind with age. LOL......

I am working on restoring a F-4C pilots instrument Panel (which is not an easy task these days) at the moment that is taking up a lot of my time as some parts I am having to make because the real parts are near impossible to find.  So that has also contributed to me not powering up DCS too...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Manhorne said:

I am working on restoring a F-4C pilots instrument Panel (which is not an easy task these days) at the moment that is taking up a lot of my time as some parts I am having to make because the real parts are near impossible to find.  So that has also contributed to me not powering up DCS too...

Pictures, we want pictures!!!!!!

I'm with you in the wait for the F-4 even though the Tomcat keeps me alive in DCS. I believe the next release will be the F-15, which undoubtly will find the way in my hangar, but only to give me a short moment of exitement befor all this diddle diddle and pushbuttons overwhelm me and she gets parked right next to the other electric planes (prius soemone? )

The only thing that worrys me, thinking of the phantom is, I would have to leave my outfit I'm currently flying with, but won't look for another one since my Airforce carrer would be pretty short, hopefully, before I transfer back into a Navy Phantom. On the other hand, I only grew up with land based F-4s so you'll never know.

26 minutes ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

Pictures, we want pictures!!!!!!

I will post some pics up on the Phantom thread here when I get some of the parts I am making done...I also have a Martin-Baker H7 Ejection Seat from an F-4E that was converted to a G in the 80's That I have restored. It came from Phantom AC#69-0297 and was a combat veteran aircraft....

I had been flying the F-14 a lot along with the A-4 . I may try and motivate myself and jump back into a cockpit or two.

Edited by Manhorne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Manhorne said:

I will post some pics up on the Phantom thread here when I get some of the parts I am making done...I also have a Martin-Baker H7 Ejection Seat from an F-4E that was converted to a G in the 80's That I have restored. It came from Phantom AC#69-0297 and was a combat veteran aircraft....

I had been flying the F-14 a lot along with the A-4 . I may try and motivate myself and jump back into a cockpit or two.

Awesome! Can't wait to see

• Like 1

On 5/19/2022 at 6:39 PM, Manhorne said:

Since they announced it my interest in any of the modules I own has basically died.

Same here. I fly MiG-21 and don't get me wrong - I still love the plane, but F-4 🤯 blows my mind. I kinda liked all the planes in DCS buy i never felt that's the one - that is MY PLANE... Now I know what I've been waiting for.

Edited by 303_Kermit
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, 303_Kermit said:

Same here. I fly MiG-21 and don't get me wrong - I still love the plane, but F-4 🤯 blows my mind. I kinda liked all the planes in DCS buy i never felt that's the one - that is MY PLANE... Now I know what I've been waiting for.

Almost the same here because I can't wait to see my all time favourite aircraft, the F-4B naval Phantom. A close second is the Thud, Buccaneer and F104, oh and The Scimitar, Jet Provost, Folland Nat, Lightning, er....anything 1960s 🙂

• Like 2

On 5/21/2022 at 1:09 PM, 303_Kermit said:

Going to jump on this train and completely agree... the F-4 is the one jet I have been waiting for! I feel like 3rd gen jets always come down to the pilot - you can do some BVR, you can take it to the merge, you might not be the most agile but if you know what you are doing you can be the besttm without relying on super fancy computers to fly the plane for you, and active missiles spamraamed across the sky!

• Like 3

https://youtube.com/@thesimnet                                    questions@thesimnet.com 

image.png

On 5/19/2022 at 4:23 PM, SgtPappy said:

Well everyone's different. It's great that you feel that way about your modules.

But let's make an attempt to show you what at least I feel. I love and appreciate the work that has gone into these modules, and they are indeed amazing. But now imagine that literally the whole reason you got into flight sims - the airplane that sparked your interest into your hobby is now finally being made (especially after being canceled once before), and by one of the highest-quality module makers and then you realize, it's not that the other modules are crap, it's just that finally something you've waited for is actually going to be available.

I bet Manhorne probably feels a similar way. It's not that hard to understand if you try 🙂

I can actually relate to this position, even though I won't actually quite do this.

IF there was no such thing as the Tomcat, and maybe to some degree the Viper and if the F-4U wasn't coming...and the A6....I'd be in the same boat.

So even though a few modules will still get some attention I can completely see someone dropping everything else and never touching them once the F-4 arrives. 🙂

It's the F-4 after all. Both the Tomcat and F-4 are worth of "I'm only flying this thing from now on" status IMHO. You don't get more 'pinnacle' than these 2 airframes as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 2

On 5/19/2022 at 7:23 PM, SgtPappy said:

Considering that I barely took any notice of DCS at all until the F-14 announcement, I know exactly what you mean.  I have used the Tomcat exclusively since it's release.

• Like 2

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

I have an idea how about the people who feel so strongly about not using the other modules in dcs why not give them away to others ?

I personally have most of the modules but I am sure some would like your unused modules. 

23 hours ago, freehand said:

I have an idea how about the people who feel so strongly about not using the other modules in dcs why not give them away to others ?

I personally have most of the modules but I am sure some would like your unused modules. 

I don't think anyone plans on giving up modules. It's just we're not flying them as much right now. It doesn't mean we're never going to fly them again.

Edited by SgtPappy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SgtPappy said:

I don't think anyone plans on giving up modules.

Actually, I would love to gift some modules that I have purchased twice, to a friend .. but the ED license explicitly forbids this. Why I have modules twice? They are from my time as a DCS MP Server hosting, back on the day when the DCS Server edition didn't exist (2018) ... so I purchased licenses for Nevada, Persian Gulf, Normandy and WW2 Assets, using a different ED-shop account. Nowadays, the DCS Server Edition does not need licenses, so I'm left with these 😞

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB