Tomcat Hotfix March 30th 2022 Feedback Thread

IronMike

Dear all,

as usual the feedback thread for the current patch. Our apologies again for the couple regressions we delivered with the AP the previous patch. They should all be fixed now. Equally MP seat switching should be enabled now. Heading hold remains an issue we will continue to work on after this patch, we improved it, but are not happy with the result yet ourselves. We're currently still looking in the issues with TWSA Weighting. Included in this patch you will find also the new DCS FLIR mechanics, which will show when doing LANTIRN for example. Thank you very much again for your continued feedback and support!

DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations

• Fixed Multiplayer Seat Switching not working.
  • Added new DCS FLIR mechanics.
  • Autopilot
    • Improved heading hold.
    • Fixed trim-lock when disengaging during CSS.
    • Fixed trim-lock on spawn.
    • Fixed AP engaged on ground start, resulting in trim-lock.
    • Fixed AP not working with FFB.
  • Fixed Maneuver Flaps not working outside of standard altimeter pressure.
  • Fixed several issues with Iceman.
  • Fixed typo on VDI labels for trim and brightness: VSDI->VDI.
  • Fixed JESTER camera near clipping issue.
  • Updated several IA Missions to the latest version.
  • Updated CN localization.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Did this fix the roll thing or is that something else? 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

How do you switch seats in MP?  I thought maybe pressing 1 or 2 but nothing.

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

I gave autopilot a try with FFB MSFFB2.

All the stability augs are on. I can now switch up on Alt hold and heading hold switch and they stay put. I can now toggle up on autopilot sw and I get "set ref" Climb is trimmed to under 1000FPM plane is nice and level. I hit NWS button "set ref" goes out. plane drifts away and either slow climb or dive and makes no attempt to hold any altitude.

Suggestions?

Thanks

-Gun

Edited by Gun Jam

I set the INS myself from the RIO location, then I record the route points 1,2 and 3 myself. Then I switch the DATA LINK to AWACS. But there are no route points and no other planes on the TID screen. If you launch the plane yourself, and RIO does everything automatically, then everything works.

I'll figure it out. I have one question. If I was sitting in RIO's seat and then moved to the PILOT's seat, then if I forgot to turn something on, will RIO turn it on automatically?

GreyCat_SPb

18 hours ago, Gypsy 1-1 said:

Does anyone have pictures of the new FLIR system and can confirm that it actually works properly?

Didn't take pictures, but I tested it out last night and it does work. Unfortunately it's not as 'clear' as say a Jeff or Apache given what we're working with. It didn't look much different from 26,000 ft (which I wouldn't expect it to). But down in the low teens you can clearly see the difference. This is a good representation of what it looked like for me. The 'default' looks OK, I'm sure with a human RIO able to further tune it in the back it would look better than the default. https://imgur.com/a/fM2u6dT

• Like 1

16 часов назад, ASW сказал:

I set the INS myself from the RIO location, then I record the route points 1,2 and 3 myself. Then I switch the DATA LINK to AWACS. But there are no route points and no other planes on the TID screen. If you launch the plane yourself, and RIO does everything automatically, then everything works.

I'll figure it out. I have one question. If I was sitting in RIO's seat and then moved to the PILOT's seat, then if I forgot to turn something on, will RIO turn it on automatically?

I figured it out! In fact, I didn't include the buttons that are in the screenshot. When there is day and bright sun in the game, it is not visible whether they are turned on or not. They shine very dimly, there is no possibility of brightness adjustment.

Безымянный.jpg

GreyCat_SPb

On 3/31/2022 at 12:15 AM, Shadok said:

Hello,

If using autothrottle and disengage it, we loss control of the throttle.

Thanks

Having the same issue.  When disengaged, the throttle axis just seems to freeze and no longer responds.  Also, I'm not sure auto-throttle is even working normally when engaged.  It seems to only move the throttle sporadically now. 

1 hour ago, r4y30n said:

Are you disengaging with the toggle switch? Have you tried overriding by chopping throttle to idle or going to mil/max?

Nope, once the auto-throttle is engaged, you lose complete control of the throttle axis.  You cannot disengage it by moving the throttle in any direction or by clicking the switch off of auto.

In addition, the AT seems to only be moving to two power settings of around 70% RPM and 95% RPM.  It doesn't stop anywhere in between. 

This is on the F-14A, BTW.  Haven't tried the B

For some reason it no longer feels like the autopilot does anything when it's engaged with the Altitude and Attitude Hold switches up.

F14Autopilot.trk

Edited by DSplayer
  • Like 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

On 4/2/2022 at 1:20 AM, r4y30n said:

Are you disengaging with the toggle switch? Have you tried overriding by chopping throttle to idle or going to mil/max?

Have tried everything. Either it works and you cannot disengage the auto throttle once it is working, or it won't work at all. 

On 3/30/2022 at 2:49 PM, IronMike said:

Dear all,

as usual the feedback thread for the current patch. Our apologies again for the couple regressions we delivered with the AP the previous patch. They should all be fixed now. Equally MP seat switching should be enabled now. Heading hold remains an issue we will continue to work on after this patch, we improved it, but are not happy with the result yet ourselves. We're currently still looking in the issues with TWSA Weighting. Included in this patch you will find also the new DCS FLIR mechanics, which will show when doing LANTIRN for example. Thank you very much again for your continued feedback and support!

DCS: F-14 Tomcat by Heatblur Simulations

• Fixed Multiplayer Seat Switching not working.
  • Added new DCS FLIR mechanics.
  • Autopilot
    • Improved heading hold.
    • Fixed trim-lock when disengaging during CSS.
    • Fixed trim-lock on spawn.
    • Fixed AP engaged on ground start, resulting in trim-lock.
    • Fixed AP not working with FFB.
  • Fixed Maneuver Flaps not working outside of standard altimeter pressure.
  • Fixed several issues with Iceman.
  • Fixed typo on VDI labels for trim and brightness: VSDI->VDI.
  • Fixed JESTER camera near clipping issue.
  • Updated several IA Missions to the latest version.
  • Updated CN localization.

Broken auto throttle, if you don't catch the wire once auto throttle is engaged then your just going in the water because the throttle won't work anymore. 10/10 saltwater lyf 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bkthunder said:

Does the ALT hold do anthing right now? It just works liek attitude hold, no difference.. 😕

Works great for me, 99% of the time. Except for once the other day where it was no different than attitude hold. I failed to capture on video and I couldn't replicate. It's doing it every time for you? Record a video.

It's not specific to the patch, but I can't think of a better place to write this particular piece of feedback: I think HB should re-structure the stickies in the Tomcat forum, because atm it's very bloated. For instance, several threads could be moved to the big FAQ one, and some older ones can just be un-stickied (do we really need a change logs thread, when we have a dedicated feedback thread each time for instance?).

Just a thought.

21 hours ago, TLTeo said:

It's not specific to the patch, but I can't think of a better place to write this particular piece of feedback: I think HB should re-structure the stickies in the Tomcat forum, because atm it's very bloated. For instance, several threads could be moved to the big FAQ one, and some older ones can just be un-stickied (do we really need a change logs thread, when we have a dedicated feedback thread each time for instance?).

Just a thought.

I generally agree - we'll look at this quite soon

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1 час назад, r4y30n сказал:

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

You mean ACLS?

That's it, I found the answer.

""ACLS is not fixed yet, recommend not to use it.

There seems to be issues with FFB regarding the AP, we'll look into it.""

GreyCat_SPb

@IronMikeI've been getting a strange issue recently where for whatever recent radar contacts and trackfiles have been showing incorrect altitudes on multiplayer servers. Jester will still call their correct altitudes, as will datalink tracks show the correct altitude.

It's been happening with more frequency the last few months and has made it very hard to figure shots out.

I've seen some tracks down to -15,000 feet. I try to replicate it, but it's seemingly random

25 minutes ago, Panny said:

IronMikeI've been getting a strange issue recently where for whatever recent radar contacts and trackfiles have been showing incorrect altitudes on multiplayer servers. Jester will still call their correct altitudes, as will datalink tracks show the correct altitude.

It's been happening with more frequency the last few months and has made it very hard to figure shots out.

I've seen some tracks down to -15,000 feet. I try to replicate it, but it's seemingly random

Are you having jester inputting waypoints, and if so which? I recently ran into this in SP And have been trying to think of a cause.

Edited by near_blind

26 minutes ago, near_blind said:

Are you having jester inputting waypoints, and if so which? I recently ran into this in SP And have been trying to think of a cause.

It's not to do with waypoints but radar returns?

2 hours ago, Panny said:

It's not to do with waypoints but radar returns?

Screen_220403_235951.png

I get that, but usually an issue like this is caused by the AWG-9 thinking it is in a position that it isn't, and that is usually caused by the RIO or Jester messing up coordinate data input. In my case I had jester input each of the six non numbered waypoints in rapid succession, and I'm curious if the speed which he entered them affected the issue, or if a specific waypoint type affected the issue, or if it's something completely unrelated.