Tomcat Hotfix March 30th 2022 Feedback Thread

IronMike

4 hours ago, near_blind said:

Screen_220403_235951.png

I get that, but usually an issue like this is caused by the AWG-9 thinking it is in a position that it isn't, and that is usually caused by the RIO or Jester messing up coordinate data input. In my case I had jester input each of the six non numbered waypoints in rapid succession, and I'm curious if the speed which he entered them affected the issue, or if a specific waypoint type affected the issue, or if it's something completely unrelated. 

Hmm, it's possible when inputting waypoints he inadvertedly puts in the altitude of a waypoint into own A/C causing such a problem?

I use NAVGRID and F10 map markers a fair amount of time so I'll have to see if somewhere in that process the problem is arising. 

The next time I see the issue I'll report back

On 4/7/2022 at 2:41 AM, near_blind said:

Screen_220403_235951.png

I get that, but usually an issue like this is caused by the AWG-9 thinking it is in a position that it isn't, and that is usually caused by the RIO or Jester messing up coordinate data input. In my case I had jester input each of the six non numbered waypoints in rapid succession, and I'm curious if the speed which he entered them affected the issue, or if a specific waypoint type affected the issue, or if it's something completely unrelated. 

Yup, user error on my end, causing Jester to jump and inadvertently causing him to input altitude into OWN A/C

On 4/7/2022 at 7:39 AM, Panny said:

Hmm, it's possible when inputting waypoints he inadvertedly puts in the altitude of a waypoint into own A/C causing such a problem?

I use NAVGRID and F10 map markers a fair amount of time so I'll have to see if somewhere in that process the problem is arising. 

The next time I see the issue I'll report back

Thanks, please let us know if you find anything we can go by. It sounds like a very peculiar problem and odd.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On 4/6/2022 at 9:41 PM, near_blind said:

In my case I had jester input each of the six non numbered waypoints in rapid succession,...

FYI, this has been a bug for quite a long time in the 14. I haven't tested it every single patch release, as I found out early on that having Jester input multiple F10 waypoints in quick succession would lead to some waypoints being incorrect and nowhere near where it's supposed to be. 

He can get confused, that’s why it’s generally best practice to wait Until he finishes each point before asking for another.

In this case I believe the issue is jester is trying to input the altitude of a YY point in navgrid, and is instead putting it into own ship altitude.

17 hours ago, near_blind said:

He can get confused, that’s why it’s generally best practice to wait Until he finishes each point before asking for another.

In this case I believe the issue is jester is trying to input the altitude of a YY point in navgrid, and is instead putting it into own ship altitude.

I've seen Jester put in altitude of a map marker on YY, but not seen it come into ownship altitude

On 3/31/2022 at 9:15 AM, Shadok said:

Hello,

If using autothrottle and disengage it, we loss control of the throttle.

Thanks

I have the same problem

After case 3 I'm still waiting for the tractor to clear the deck 😉

Edited by 12F Maddog
  • Like 1

Few people have mentioned auto throttle issues, but I'd like to add that the auto throttle does seem to work. Just won't disengage. You can still watch the throttle move, but the player no longer has control of it. I also noticed that if auto throttle is engaged with weight on wheels, auto throttle will not be broken on take-off, so... woo!

On 4/13/2022 at 2:30 PM, scommander2 said:

@near_blindmentioned in one of thread at: 

For saving Phoenix energy, I would fly high instead...

Double posting, but I dropped this in the last bug feedback thread, thinking it was this one. Wanted to tag @IronMike as well.

Radar is broken since the RIO MP update.

1500+ hrs in the Tomcat, competitive player. Now I can't hit a single target. I've attached some short clips to show different testing after spending a week trying to figure out if it was indeed pilot error.

It seems the radar flickers on and off, losing the lock (but Jester doesn't know it). Nothing goes pitbull (if it does, it's rare, and tracks poorly).

I've tried STT. but experience the same issue whether at 65nm, 35nm, or <10nm. I've complained in private about the AIM-54s being neutered for "balance", but now the aircraft is not even capable of defending itself against novice players.

Here's a clip of Jester failing to lock a target at 12 o'clock, flying level with no ECM. Painted SA with RWS, then tried locking with TWS unsuccessfully, then STT unsuccessfully, then TWS unsuccessfully again before being launched on and having to dive:
https://clips.twitch.tv/JazzyCrypticGuanacoMikeHogu-_a8whiG8ENIymA6R

Here's another clip, target is flickering in the SA page, not running ECM, and over the water. Unable to lock via TWS and unable to lock STT:
https://clips.twitch.tv/KathishCuriousButterTheThing-eYwW5E5w_vqD1HCs

The issue is NOT Jester, and we tested this with a human RIO to confirm. Same thing-- enemy plane flying high, level, and not running ECM or jammer. TWS lock failed multiple times, 2x missile launch never went pitbull, but targets were never out of radar cone.

The aircraft is currently unflyable in this condition.

Edited by Amahvan

6 hours ago, Amahvan said:

Double posting, but I dropped this in the last bug feedback thread, thinking it was this one. Wanted to tag @IronMike as well.

1500+ hrs in the Tomcat, competitive player. Now I can't hit a single target. I've attached some short clips to show different testing after spending a week trying to figure out if it was indeed pilot error.

It seems the radar flickers on and off, losing the lock (but Jester doesn't know it). Nothing goes pitbull (if it does, it's rare, and tracks poorly).

I've tried STT. but experience the same issue whether at 65nm, 35nm, or <10nm. I've complained in private about the AIM-54s being neutered for "balance", but now the aircraft is not even capable of defending itself against novice players.

Here's a clip of Jester failing to lock a target at 12 o'clock, flying level with no ECM. Painted SA with RWS, then tried locking with TWS unsuccessfully, then STT unsuccessfully, then TWS unsuccessfully again before being launched on and having to dive:

Here's another clip, target is flickering in the SA page, not running ECM, and over the water. Unable to lock via TWS and unable to lock STT:

The issue is NOT Jester, and we tested this with a human RIO to confirm. Same thing-- enemy plane flying high, level, and not running ECM or jammer. TWS lock failed multiple times, 2x missile launch never went pitbull, but targets were never out of radar cone.

I'm not going to lie, but reading this and some of the clips you're providing, though I can't easily see the TID, seems more to be the case that you don't have a solid understand of the radar, or what Jester can do, at least in respect to STT. I'm not attempting to be a dick, but I think you would be well served to revisit the manual

• Like 1

Mmm... I saw few times that my TID had the lock on and off at the targets in front of me between 11 o'clock to 1 o'clock about 20 to 30nm away.  However, I did find them at "Choose specific target".  

Not sure this is the same scenario? 

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

Any radar is going to seem like it sucks if you haven't quite grasped how to use it yet.

15 hours ago, Amahvan said:

TID, track. You lock things in STT, you do not "lock" things in Track While Scan. I'm struggling to see exactly what's going on because VR resolution, but it looks like your target is below you. Jester uses RWS with an 8 bar scan. You transitioned to TWS, which by default operates on a 4 bar scan. You see the target in RWS because it's using a larger scan volume. You switch to TWS, which halves the vertical volume of your scan, and you lose contact because the target is now outside of your scan volume. Jester, in all of his wisdom, cannot actually STT a contact that doesn't exist on your radar. 

15 hours ago, Amahvan said:

You see how the contact is a V instead of a ^ or a diamond? That means your radar never even saw this guy, and that contact is being provided over datalink to you from an external source. I'm going to guess for consistency's sake that the target is outside of the scan volume again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2022 at 8:14 PM, Amahvan said:

I can't see anything useful in those twitch videos. just low rez fuzz. But TWS isn't a lock. If you have a contact on the fishbowl your RIO needs to use the DDD to do a real Big Boy radar lock. The AWG9 isn't a point and click solution. 

You'll need to post a better video that focuses on the TID or better one from the back seat. And at much better resolution. 

• Like 2

• IronMike unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Attitude hold and altitude hold are working well for me. However, heading hold does not hold the heading when I engage it. Not sure if I am doing something wrong, is as mentioned above it's still being worked on. Anyone able to hold a heading with it engaged?

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3