Any Good Ground Object Mods Out There!

10 hours ago, flanker1 said:

woooohoooo. . . really?? could you do this too for some soviet era airfield stuff - like hangars, shelters, ammo depots. parking areas, towers, garages, dislocation etc?? 

These are just bog standard ED models, from the core game, nothing much that's new or exciting.  All this Mod does is let you place them in game with new paint jobs, something you could not do before.  Perhaps this is not what people were expecting, or wanting. ?  Sorry to have wasted your time guys.

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

These are just bog standard ED models, from the core game, nothing much that's new or exciting.  All this Mod does is let you place them in game with new paint jobs, something you could not do before.  Perhaps this is not what people were expecting, or wanting. ?  Sorry to have wasted your time guys.

oh, please do not misunderstand - your mod is most wanted and more than welcome and long awaited!! it was a real game changer for 2.5.x and i am very happy to download it asap for 2.7.x finally. just judging from the pictures -  it seems that there are some new ground textures(?) and new stuff (templates?) - but maybe i am wrong.     

Edited by flanker1

My favorite non aircraft mod packs:

- French pack

- SAM site assets pack

- Massun92's assets

- Majestic class carriers

First 3 add both great variety of good looking static stuff for base building, as well as additional ground units. The carriers is self explanatory, and makes a good challenging small deck carrier avaialable for another great mod, the A-4E.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Okay, it's done. I removed some vehicle type items from it to allow it to fit into the upload site.   Most of the buildings I have done have new roofs, and a few of them are red in colour.  The texture files are all in there, you can paint them any colour you want. 

I also have a huge Static Vehicles MOD made in a very similar way, mainly ED vehicles that are not in the drop downs  (or were not at the time when I did it years ago now !!)

plus a few others that I have acquired over the years - all repainted or tarted up in some way, with liveries etc. I may sort that out at some time and post that as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Thanks a lot for sharing ... it is similar to the same Mod that you had back on DCS 1.5, but not the same as it includes other objects ... I will have to re-do the Catalog pdf 🙂

Loved the ability that these give to improve on some of the airbases:

gXYgKmK.jpg

HLQDGza.jpg

5WRst3b.jpg

lnhjPcw.jpg

The last one seems to be missing the textures on its name, maybe it works on a different Map?

Unfortunately, they don't have lighting for night use 😞  ... but even so, very useful 👍

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 4/4/2022 at 4:22 PM, Rudel_chw said:

You could also consider creating larger target sites just by combining existing objects in a more creative and unusual way than what is typically made, something of this style:

jWBOWh4.jpg

On the Editor it looks like this:

M5U6N3D.jpg

This sample is not of my making, it belongs to a set of templates edited by E69_Kikety & E69_Carney ... you can download it here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309032/

👍

Thank you very much!!!

I mentioned I also have a HUGE "eye candy" vehicles mod made in a similar way - mostly ED models that I have removed from the game maps where they were placed and could not be moved or covered over, so I had to get them back into the game by creating static versions of them so that I could place them where I wanted them and not where the map dictated.   In the process I also added new liveries for some of them.

The whole purpose of the mod was to get all the vehicles I wanted to add to my maps of airfields in one place in the drop downs and not have to go trawling all over the ME to find them ... and in doing that I also added all the vehicles from other peoples Mods as well - the mod went from LARGE to IMMENSE very quickly as you can imagine !!

Clearly I cant pass all of this stuff on to you, they are not mine to pass on.

Here are some images of what is in there, I still need to confirm that I can pass some of these on and when I have done that I will update the Mad and you can have it, warts and all.  That will take a while, I cannot remember where some of this stuff came from and whilst I think its all legal I need to make as sure as I can, I'm not planning to piss anyone off !!!

Screen_220414_155614.png

Screen_220414_155708.png

Screen_220414_155757.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

I still need to confirm that I can pass some of these on and when I have done that I will update the Mad and you can have it, warts and all. 

Thanks a lot for wanting to share this, but I believe it would be best if it were as a separate Mod from the previous one with the buildings, particularly if it is a large one. It could be titled something like "ED Vehicles Mod" ... it would match the ED Buildings Mod  🙂

ovgme.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

It is a separate Mod, completely separate from my Buildings Mod.  I will check it all works in 2.7 as I did with the buildings Mod before I release it and it will be in a very similar format, so converting it to JSGME or OvGME should be a simple process for you guys.

I found a couple more vehicles I forgot to add to the images, SA2 trailer for the TZ and some odd things like a BTR and a Tigr which I had to remove from original maps.

I also just noticed there is a brand new Laz 695 bus in game, a new edm,  might do a few more liveries for that as well.

Edited by crazyeddie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• 7 months later...

Nope, I have been in and out of hospital a lot over the last 18 months with a serious spinal problem, just had the surgery I have been waiting 5 years for and I'm in a slow recovery process right now.  Tending to do the easy stuff for now whilst I restrict my time on my PC and this will need starting afresh, there is a lot of stuff that needs updating or removing because its private, I dont want to upset anyone.  

I'll consider myself reminded to get on with this though ... its started, be patient. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

Nope, I have been in and out of hospital a lot over the last 18 months with a serious spinal problem ... 

Sorry to hear that, and hope that the surgery will allow you a full recovery, just focus on that, DCS is just a hobby and can wait. 

Best wishes for you 👍

Eduardo

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, crazyeddie said:

Nope, I have been in and out of hospital a lot over the last 18 months with a serious spinal problem, just had the surgery I have been waiting 5 years for and I'm in a slow recovery

Sorry to hear that. Take your time  and get full recovered. 

DCS will stay here and we will be waiting for you too.

Thank you for your work to the community. Really appreciated.

Best regards from Portugal,

F.

• Like 1

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Thanks for your kind words guys, the consequences of too many years jumping in and out of too many helicopters and airoplane's, falling in and out of too many landing craft, being run over by all manner of weird military vehicles whilst living in holes in the ground up to my neck in icy mud, but would I do it all again if I could - TOO DAMN RIGHT I WOULD !! The money was good and so is the pension !!  Life is an adventure, got to enjoy the whole package otherwise there is no point to any of it.

Had a good look at the Mod and made a start on it tonight, I had already done a little work on the update a while ago (which I had completely forgotten about !!) so it should not take too long.  A day or so if its good, a bit longer if I have to sort out the textures and Liveries again. 

The mod will include a couple more things that are not shown in those images above, it's all eye candy of course but I use it all the time, makes the scenarios a bit more realistic. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Thanks for your kind words guys, the consequences of too many years jumping in and out of too many helicopters and airoplane's, falling in and out of too many landing craft, being run over by all manner of weird military vehicles whilst living in holes in the ground up to my neck in icy mud, but would I do it all again if I could - TOO DAMN RIGHT I WOULD !! The money was good and so is the pension !!  Life is an adventure, got to enjoy the whole package otherwise there is no point to any of it.

Had a good look at the Mod and made a start on it tonight, I had already done a little work on the update a while ago (which I had completely forgotten about !!) so it should not take too long.  A day or so if its good, a bit longer if I have to sort out the textures and Liveries again. 

The mod will include a couple more things that are not shown in those images above, it's all eye candy of course but I use it all the time, makes the scenarios a bit more realistic. 

You absolutely should never go to your grave with your body in pristine condition.  Glad to hear you're on the mend.

• Like 2

Okay - here it is, updated to work in 2.8.

I know you wont bother but do read the ReadMe, it will explain how this mod came about, how it works, what is can do and what it cant do, why certain things you might expect to work dont work and why lots of things appear in several different places, which is what is supposed to happen.  I have no idea what Mods you have installed in your games but I do know that this Mod does not conflict with any of the Mods I have installed, ie the other Mods I have used in this Mod, so if you have a problem it's unlikely I can solve it for you. All this mod does is enhance a number of existing Mods created by others and make them available in one place to be used as Eye Candy.  With a couple of little freebie Easter eggs thrown in with my thanks to Hawkeye who found them and created them as statics for me.

It's a rather large file, sorry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UeayP-xRuPqXIj1F8KcUTGFUrQ4dAmVt/view?usp=share_link

Screen-221129-192946.png

Screen-221129-193004.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

Thanks a lot Eddie, I'm not a JSGME user and my Mod Manager is unable to delete files, so I'm just using the statics Mod .. it looks like this on my Mod Manager:

GaKvL6J.jpg

I gave it a quick try and seems to works perfectly:

O4Tamq0.jpg

I will probably make a Catalog of these objects, so that they are easier to find when editing a mission  🙂

Thanks a lot,

Eduardo

10 hours ago, crazyeddie said:

wow. Thank you very much, @crazyeddie. I was not aware of these. Must have been quite a bit of work! The objects look great. I especially like the container bridge, that really brings life into the harbours of DCS. And all the construction machines...fantastic!

Edited by rato65