Any Good Ground Object Mods Out There!

21 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

GaKvL6J.jpg

Hey  @Rudel_chw  how'd you get that mod description into OvGME?  I'd like to do the same as it'll save me tons of time when trying to figure out what's what in my mod manager.  Thanks!

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

1 hour ago, Mistermann said:

Hey  @Rudel_chw  how'd you get that mod description into OvGME?  I'd like to do the same as it'll save me tons of time when trying to figure out what's what in my mod manager.  Thanks!

I use this menu option:

trfKYc3.jpg

It shows this dialog that will allow you to create a Mod package in zip format:

dELaL1B.jpg

The Mod root folder is the place where you have the Mod files just like they should appear on the final place. The destination is the place where your OvGME stores all Mods ready to install. For the description I usually cut/paste from where I got the Mod, on this case its from this Forum, once the data has been filed it looks like this:

m0RVp65.jpg

Then you press on "Make" and it will generate the Mod Package, it will then appear on your available Mods list.

• Thanks 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

47 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

I use this menu option:

trfKYc3.jpg

It shows this dialog that will allow you to create a Mod package in zip format:

dELaL1B.jpg

The Mod root folder is the place where you have the Mod files just like they should appear on the final place. The destination is the place where your OvGME stores all Mods ready to install. For the description I usually cut/paste from where I got the Mod, on this case its from this Forum, once the data has been filed it looks like this:

m0RVp65.jpg

Then you press on "Make" and it will generate the Mod Package, it will then appear on your available Mods list.

Thanks a bunch for taking the time to explain "how" to do it.  I've wanted this ability for quite some time and just didn't know where to get the information.  You always seem to have great information for us and share it in a manner that's easy to understand.

THANK YOU!

• Like 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

On 11/29/2022 at 10:27 PM, crazyeddie said:

Okay - here it is, updated to work in 2.8.

I know you wont bother but do read the ReadMe, it will explain how this mod came about, how it works, what is can do and what it cant do, why certain things you might expect to work dont work and why lots of things appear in several different places, which is what is supposed to happen.  I have no idea what Mods you have installed in your games but I do know that this Mod does not conflict with any of the Mods I have installed, ie the other Mods I have used in this Mod, so if you have a problem it's unlikely I can solve it for you. All this mod does is enhance a number of existing Mods created by others and make them available in one place to be used as Eye Candy.  With a couple of little freebie Easter eggs thrown in with my thanks to Hawkeye who found them and created them as statics for me.

It's a rather large file, sorry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UeayP-xRuPqXIj1F8KcUTGFUrQ4dAmVt/view?usp=share_link

Screen-221129-192946.png

Screen-221129-193004.png

I've installed this mod and it works perfect for statics, but its stopped me using ground units in Mission Editor. When i remove this mod the ground units are back working normally, any ideas please?

1 hour ago, Jason32 said:

I've installed this mod and it works perfect for statics, but its stopped me using ground units in Mission Editor. When i remove this mod the ground units are back working normally, any ideas please?

Sorry, I can't forward any ideas since you dont provide much information .. a track file showing the issue would have been useful.

AlI can tell you is that I use this Mod and I don't see the problem you describe. On this video the pick-up is a static vehicle from the Mod, while the light truck is a standard land rover from DCS .. you can see that it moves without issue:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

10 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Sorry, I can't forward any ideas since you dont provide much information .. a track file showing the issue would have been useful.

AlI can tell you is that I use this Mod and I don't see the problem you describe. On this video the pick-up is a static vehicle from the Mod, while the light truck is a standard land rover from DCS .. you can see that it moves without issue:

When i install this mod the ability to select ground units has stopped in my ME, the button presses but nothing opens for me to use any kind of ground units, when i uninstall this mod DCS works 100% fine, thats all i was trying to say sorry.

Edited by Jason32

1 hour ago, Jason32 said:

When i install this mod the ability to select ground units has stopped in my ME, the button presses but nothing opens for me to use any kind of ground units, when i uninstall this mod DCS works 100% fine

OK, all I can say is that I can select ground units just fine even with this Mod loaded. Perhaps you have a conflict with another user Mod, have you tried to run DCS with just Eddie's Mod alone?  Please attach your dcs.log file to gather more clues.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eight Ball said:

Looks like that pickup truck and the combine harvester are from my Combined Farms mod, there might be a conflict if you have the 2 loaded..

I have both of those installed Eight Ball and there isnt a conflict that I am aware of, but I do explain in the Readme that is a risk with this Mod. I used your edm's and texture files for both Mods so there shouldnt be any conflict as such, there isnt any animation going on in my Mod to cause a conflict, its just static eye candy, but I would like to hear of other issues that might prove my understanding to be wrong.  If I am wrong then perhaps I should just remove it completely, to avoid anyone getting upset. 

1 hour ago, crazyeddie said:

If I am wrong then perhaps I should just remove it completely, to avoid anyone getting upset. 

If people don't know how to employ a user Mod, they can just refrain from installing it ... but please, don't impede its availability to those users that do know what using a Mod entails 🙏 

• Like 1

Yes, it was a bit of a tricky decision, I sat on it for ages and ages because it was a bit of a mix and match of other peoples work.  I only ever did it for my own convenience really, I wanted to have the stuff I use a lot in one place in the ME and that was what I came up with several years ago.  If I redid it today I would do it very differently, but I dont have time to start it again so unless anyone complains loudly I will leave it out there for now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2