Emergency Egress/Canopy Jettison options

FalcoGer

Rotate 90° and push to detonate the canopy sides.

Used when cockpit door jammed due to crash or just before ditching in water.

Should kill or give concussions to cows and infantry in the line of fire up to 50ft as per

Don't forget to put the visor down.

all they need to do is push the chop button to ruin the day. or the engine fire buttons (when they eventually work correctly). or just unload a hellfire into a friendly airbase and have the pilot be banned for it, because it's "his/her" kill. Or jettison weapons. Or do any other number of stupid nonsense.

I think blowing up the canopy is the most harmless thing out of those options. let in a bit of fresh air.

Edited by FalcoGer

As someone who likes to incorporate CSAR into my missions when pilots eject - I would like to express my support for an option in the AH64 for surviving pilots to be able to bail out or "Eject" (Ctrl + E x 3) from the Apache if they've managed to survive a crash landing with a damaged bird.

I'm not sure if it's a simple implementation or not, but if it is an easy implementation - could this please be considered?

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, a needed function. Was in Rotor Ops, after crash landing, no rotors and non-stop shaking in pit. Can't get out, can't respawn.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

+1

Ctrl+E for leave quickly the cockpit. It doesnt work on the ground.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No, it is not just a keybind. Apache uses brand new pilot models, so it requires a complete set of body 3d meshes and animations while on the ground. You need standing pilot and CPG, walking, etc. Maybe they add it after releasing upcoming new models of ground units...

• Raptor9 changed the title to Emergency Egress/Canopy Jettison options
  • 1 month later...