FC3 Aircraft - Radio Listen Mode broken in Open Beta Patch 2.7.11.22041

With the open beta patch 2.7.11.22041 that released March 30, the "Radio Listen Mode" (cycled by pressing RShift+M) is no longer functional. While the menu does cycle through the different options, of which "Radio Listen Mode: player communication" is the most important as it allows FC3 players to mute the AWACS automatic callouts, none of the modes are functional as of patch 2.7.11.22041. For multiplayer servers where there is more than one AWACS airborne (say, E-2D and E-3A), this makes FC3 modules unplayable due to the constant radio spam that cannot be muted.

Attached is a simple track in which the non-functionality of the Radio Listen Mode is demonstrated. The track was recorded on the open beta patch 2.7.11.22041.

Edit: I should mention that this feature was working in open beta patch 2.7.11.21408.1 and prior to that particular patch.

Second edit: After re-reading the patch notes for open beta patch 2.7.11.22041, I am guessing that this is related to the bulletpoint "Fixed problem with not working human-AI radio communications for many aircraft" under "DCS World". Presumably something was changed that broke the "Radio Listen Mode".

RadioListenMode_bugged.trk

Edited by Aetherin
  • Like 2

• Aetherin changed the title to FC3 Aircraft - Radio Listen Mode broken in Open Beta Patch 2.7.11.22041

I confirm, I checked in all possible ways and nothing. Whichever reception option you choose, all messages are always heard. Communication of each player with AWACS, TANKER, etc. A tragedy in the air ...

And the one with the "Z" in the avatar, I suggest a ban.

😉 

Edited by Nahen

They (ED) think that the FC3 planes being able to hear all channels at once is a feature. I think it's something that should be selectable. Just put a check box item in the special tab or something to select whether you want to hear all channels or a specific channel. FC3 planes need to be able to use the radios like other planes. OR, how about just making full modules for the FC3 birds. They all deserve to be full modules anyway.

On 4/3/2022 at 4:42 PM, Mike_Romeo said:

Why dont we ban the Z from the alphabet instead ? 🙄

His profile picture was auto genearted based on his name because he didnt set a profile picture himself.

Sorry, I forgot to add at the end of the emote 😉 
I know how the "mechanism" of automatic avatars works. 😉

I'm already correcting

Edited by Nahen

• 3 weeks later...