How much realistic Black Shark is?

Kitharodos

Hi all, you have made a really nice work with DCS.

My friends like to play full realistic combat simulators. They didnt like Lock On because it was not realistic, its avionics were not as it had to be. So I'm asking, how much realistic is Black Shark? How realistic is its flight model? How much realistic is its display in cockpit? Can it do all the functions the real Ka-50 does?

Sorry about my english and thanks anyway...

www.myspace.com/kitharodos21

Intel i7 960 3.2Ghz / 6GB RAM / GTX 470 / Windows7 64bit

Thats not really an answer to his question. He knows that it is the most realistic heli sim you can buy.

His question is: How realistic is it (compared to real life)?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

yeah yeah I know but my friends like to play Falcon4 if u know it, cause it is the most realistic combat flight sim, does black shark simulate ka-50 as falcon4 does with f-16?

Let me tell you a little secret. Falcon4 is no longer the most realistic combat flight sim.

:lol:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.6 GHz // Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO // GFX - ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB // RAM - Patriot-Viper II 4GB(2x2GB) DDR3-1600 // Audio - Creative X-FI Platinum // OS - Windows 7 Home x64 Bit

CH Fighterstick // CH Pro Pedals // CH Pro Throttle // TrackIR 4 // Eyefinity 20"x3 Portrait :joystick:

In my personal opinion, Black Shark models the KA50 with a far higher degree of accuracy and completeness than F4 does the F16.

I have no real world experience with either aircraft , but have played both Sim's quite a bit.

The systems modelled in the KA50, while significantly lower-tech than the later block F16's , are FULLY realised in the "game" , and integrate in rediculously accurate ways (such as DC Power flow and battery accumulation , radio signal interference.. GPS line of site calculations with the ability to manually check the GNSS Almanac for coverage over an area for goodness sakes!) , not to mention the flight model that Includes aircraft imbalance due to fuel distribution in the tanks! amongst dozens of other variables.

Of all of the buttons and switches on the cockpit, I can only think of 3 or 4 that are non-functioning.

...it has windscreen wipers with 3 speeds....!!!!!!!

Kithrados, I'd have no issue with fully recommending the sim to you, with a promise that you have NEVER flown anything as realistic and fully realised as this on your PC.

...at least that's the way I see it :)

Edited by nemises
  • Like 1

Fligt Manual, pp. 9-10.

SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS

• Hero of Russia, Honored military pilot, Sniper pilot, Colonel Alexander Rudykh
  • Candidate of military science, Class 1 pilot (army aviation), Colonel Alexander Podvoisky
  • War veteran (Afghan war, Chechen war), Sniper pilot (army aviation), Lieutenant colonel Oleg Vasilenko
  • Pilot-instructor, reserve officer, Sergey Rudykh
  • Aviation engineer Tihomir “AirTito” Ivanov

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=950&scr=default&lang=en

• Like 2

Now that last post makes me say something :)

BS is as much realistic as it could be on a PC screen, as far as the physical model of helicopter is conserned. But one thing you have to keep in mind- BS is based upon board "25" Ka-50 prototype, and respectively, it models the systems this particular helicopter has featured. Perhaps the limited serial produced airframes differ from the one we have here. What becomes clear after you play it for a while is that some essential systems for a combat helo are very simple or even missing, while others are very advanced for the time frame of the Ka-50 (developped in late '80s, early '90s). To me, as a combat helo it seems uncomplete, exactly like a test prototype. But even that way it offers huge room for enjoyment.

Edited by =RvE=Tito
  • Like 1

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS

• Hero of Russia, Honored military pilot, Sniper pilot, Colonel Alexander Rudykh
  • Candidate of military science, Class 1 pilot (army aviation), Colonel Alexander Podvoisky
  • War veteran (Afghan war, Chechen war), Sniper pilot (army aviation), Lieutenant colonel Oleg Vasilenko
  • Pilot-instructor, reserve officer, Sergey Rudykh
  • Aviation engineer Tihomir “AirTito” Ivanov

Whats a sniper pilot?

[sIGPIC]sigpic55726_5.gif[/sIGPIC]

No, "Sniper Pilot" is basically the highest classification a Russian pilot may receive. I'm not sure about how it is now, but in Soviet times there were four grades you could obtain, I think, the last one not being so much a grade like the first 3 but the title of Sniper pilot. Having a Sniper pilot as one of your SME is boast-worthy. ;)

• Like 2

True, the rest 3 are "Pilot 3rd class", "Pilot 2nd class" and "Pilot 1st class". "Sniper pilot" is on the top of them, in western term should be something like "Top gun pilot" :D

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

Thanks AirTito, I couldn't remember what those classes were called.

I don't think there really is a Western equivalent. "Top gun pilot" makes me think of FWS instructors. They would be the equivalent in terms of expertise and experience, but I think of them more as teachers than guys who remain "on the front lines" so to speak.

The closest thing that ranking system reminds me of in Western terms in the marksmen classification Marines get, but that really doesn't do it justice since that is a basic training thing and even a cook, pilot, tanker, or other non-infantry Marine could get the expert badge.

If you prefered other sims over LockOn, because it was not realistic enough, especially in terms of avionics, I'd say that there is no way around BlackShark for you.

I recommend checking out www.lockonfiles.com though, for a little more neutral review of BlackShark. Many experienced community members posted their short-reviews there and I hope the Devs read them, too. ;)

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

True,

About BS, I flew military heli simulators at MAKS 2007, no difference at all.

Agreed. My experience with military grade simulations is a bit limited, but I've seen enough of them close up to say that, augmented with the right hardware, Black Shark exceeds most military sims in overall experience (including realism). If you could afford a D-Box (or, even more pricey, the new HotSeat motion seat, which is amazing) setup, throw in the Matrox triple monitor tech, and top it off with a TrackIR, you'd be at least on par with many of the industrial trainers I've seen first hand. And the military setups cost 10x as much! :doh:

I recommend checking out www.lockonfiles.com though, for a little more neutral review of BlackShark.

Some neutral, some not so ....

159th_Shallow'G'

WHAT I LIKE - Super Ka50 model + Multi-position clicky clicky toggle switches + 6DoF + excellent paint job = Simmer Ecstasy

WHAT I DON’T LIKE - HCI + Even worse Editor + Unfinished map + (a big list) = Loyal Flanker series supporter Heartbreak !!

You're kidding right ?

Cheers.

Now that last post makes me say something :)

BS is as much realistic as it could be on a PC screen, as far as the physical model of helicopter is conserned. But one thing you have to keep in mind- BS is based upon board "25" Ka-50 prototype, and respectively, it models the systems this particular helicopter has featured. Perhaps the limited serial produced airframes differ from the one we have here. What becomes clear after you play it for a while is that some essential systems for a combat helo are very simple or even missing, while others are very advanced for the time frame of the Ka-50 (developped in late '80s, early '90s). To me, as a combat helo it seems uncomplete, exactly like a test prototype. But even that way it offers huge room for enjoyment.

IMO

I very informed answer,:) .

Can I just ask for a bit more info?, can you expand on the part where you say "that some essential systems for a combat helo are very simple or even missing," I will add its not to pick at your answer, but more to explain to my friends, than just saying its the most accurate( public) flight sim.

Thanks in advance.

I was refering to the real aircraft, used as a reference for modeling by saying that is lacks some essential systems like radar warning system or night capabilities.

=RvE=