Feedback!

STONE SKY

I just finished the Huey variant, I'll try the Gazelle later on. 

Flying and mission design : excellent. Short missions with good atmosphere and many things happening in the background. Never too hard but no piece of cake either. I liked that the copilot would set up the radios, etc. That's a really nice touch.

Briefings, inflight discussions, etc : would be excellent too, but I found it a bit hard to follow at times. I guess the translation could be improved as some sentences don't feel quite right sometimes. Nothing major but since there's a big backstory, it would make it even more valuable.

Nitpicking: I would have loved to fly an Mi-8 again ! (my fav helo ❤️ ) 

Now I may have to buy the Jeff to get the next part of the story 😄  Keep up the good work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 часов назад, BuzzLine сказал:

I just finished the Huey variant, I'll try the Gazelle later on. 

Flying and mission design : excellent. Short missions with good atmosphere and many things happening in the background. Never too hard but no piece of cake either. I liked that the copilot would set up the radios, etc. That's a really nice touch.

Briefings, inflight discussions, etc : would be excellent too, but I found it a bit hard to follow at times. I guess the translation could be improved as some sentences don't feel quite right sometimes. Nothing major but since there's a big backstory, it would make it even more valuable.

Nitpicking: I would have loved to fly an Mi-8 again ! (my fav helo ❤️ ) 

Now I may have to buy the Jeff to get the next part of the story 😄  Keep up the good work.

Yes, JF 17 is now in voiceover processing! You will be able to take part in the attack mission on the Water-Front facility with njxrb phtybz JF-17. And destroy the targets that Orlovsky points out to you with the help of an IR laser. But this mission has a continuation, JF-17 will fly further north to destroy the main goal of the rebels. In general, there will be a lot of interesting

• Like 2

On 4/3/2022 at 2:49 AM, STONE SKY said:

Yes, JF 17 is now in voiceover processing! You will be able to take part in the attack mission on the Water-Front facility with njxrb phtybz JF-17. And destroy the targets that Orlovsky points out to you with the help of an IR laser. But this mission has a continuation, JF-17 will fly further north to destroy the main goal of the rebels. In general, there will be a lot of interesting

Are you saying this campaign continues, but only for those with the JF-17?  

I haven't purchased this campaign yet.  I am considering it, however.  Thanks.

Edited by Mistermann
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

2 часа назад, Mistermann сказал:

Are you saying this campaign continues, but only for those with the JF-17?  

I haven't purchased this campaign yet.  I am considering it, however.  Thanks.

Thanks, that's a good question. The next part of this series will be available for the JF-17 module. BUT .. Part 3 will be available for the Apache module, I don’t know about part 4 yet, but I can assure you that some modules will receive several campaigns for the MAD series. For example, JF-17, 3 series are planned for it in order to use its weapons in more detail and tell a story more. Also, the AH-64D module (this is the 3rd MAD series) is also planned for 3 campaigns in the MAD series. This information is accurate. The MAD series is 10 campaigns, so far I've finished part 2 and started working on part 3.
In general, yes, if you do not fly the JF-17, then you will miss some part of this big story. BUT, in each campaign, the main scenario is described - a nuclear strike, the capture of an over-the-horizon radar station, an attack on the Kuznetsov aircraft carrier. It's just that you can skip participating in any of these battles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just finished mission one in the campaign.  I enjoyed it.  Thanks for putting this together, @STONE SKY.  Too early for overall feedback holistically, but here are a few thoughts after playing the Huey in mission1.

-  Are there FM directional beacons on the map (or inserted onto ground vehicles)?  It would be nice to use directional homing in the Huey for navigation.  Thankfully the f10 map isn't disabled, so I can use dead reckoning to navigate, but I much prefer FM homing for that type of thing if possible.  Took me a little fumbling around to find my way back home.  Fortunately there's a HUGE lake nearby and a Dam.  😄

-  I got confused during the startup sequence.  At some point you put up a message that says auto-start.  It made me think you were starting the helicopter for us.  I sat there and once I saw no dials/switches moving I figured it out.  Also, your startup sequence must do something with the controls because the low RPM alarm goes off shortly after entering the cockpit.  It appears that you're turning on the Battery for some reason?  That also added to my confusion that you were auto starting the Huey.

-  There is a LOT of dialog happening.  I wasn't really sure what was flavor text/background and what I absolutely needed to comprehend.  Fortunately we now have the message history option, so I could go back and read things a second time to determine what I needed to know (in VR, stopping the game to read message history isn't ideal, but its better than nothing).  This is especially important as the Huey doesn't have any waypoint/route features.  Not sure how to solve this.  Maybe a beep or some audible queue to indicate something important is about to come?  I've seen this employed in other campaigns and it worked well (Paradise Lost).

-  The text of the spoken voiceovers appears all at once, not as each individual speaker is speaking.  This means a wall of text shows up and I have to interpret it as its being spoken.  It would be nice to delay those text messages until the speaker starts speaking each line.  If could also reduce information overload a bit, I suspect.

-  The voiceovers are great.  As a western player, I am not accustomed to the accents, BUT it was fun to hear and be immersed in the story because of it.  I am glad you found English speaking "Russian" voice actors.  Thank you.

-  For the first mission, you used flares and smoke very well.  Thank you.  Given my confusion, it wasn't entirely clear what I was supposed to be doing.  Hopefully this continues throughout the campaign.

-  I rarely, if ever, play on the RED team.  It was neat, as a change of pace, to see Warsaw pact equipment on "my side".  Flying in formation with the KA-50 was a highlight.

-  Landing back at base was fun (once I found it).  The MI-8 decided to take up the entire LZ.  I managed to land okay, but it got a little dicey.  Maybe this was your intent?  I had a blast swinging in behind that big chopper and setting down behind it as it was descending to land.

image.png

More to come as I continue playing.

Edited by Mistermann
  • Thanks 1

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Thank you for putting a Gazelle campaign on the scene, I appreciate it. I've been waiting for a good narrative for the Gazelle and pretty much bought the campaign as soon as it was released, I didn't even read the "sales pitch", which I kind of regret now. I know one shouldn't mix gaming and actual events and DCS and it's developers has had their share of heat after the Russian war with Ukraine...but I managed to get to mission 5 and to be honest I'll have to but the campaign to rest for a while. This says alot of the atmosphere of the campaingn, the voiceover and such. But flying as a Russian PMC right now with the news streaming on my retinas isn't working for me.

Edited by TheHoff
  • Like 2

7 часов назад, TheHoff сказал:

Thank you for putting a Gazelle campaign on the scene, I appreciate it. I've been waiting for a good narrative for the Gazelle and pretty much bought the campaign as soon as it was released, I didn't even read the "sales pitch", which I kind of regret now. I know one shouldn't mix gaming and actual events and DCS and it's developers has had their share of heat after the Russian war with Ukraine...but I managed to get to mission 5 and to be honest I'll have to but the campaign to rest for a while. This says alot of the atmosphere of the campaingn, the voiceover and such. But flying as a Russian PMC right now with the news streaming on my retinas isn't working for me.

Yes, sir! Undoubtedly, I agree with you! I finished creating this campaign in January. Then I was sure that no one in Russia would allow a war with Ukraine. I was wrong, and it's unfortunate .....
Every day I study the morning news in dozens of Ukrainian, Western, and Russian telegram channels. I sincerely hope that the shooting will end soon. At least this small action - stop shooting !!!

Edited by STONE SKY
  • Like 2

Okay -I've got 4 missions under my belt and have some additional feedback/opinions.  This is coming from a Huey player's perspective.  

I just finished Reflected's incredible Huey Campaign last weekend and admit my experience with MAD is impacted by that masterpiece.  

On 4/5/2022 at 3:23 PM, Mistermann said:

-  Are there FM directional beacons on the map (or inserted onto ground vehicles)?  It would be nice to use directional homing in the Huey for navigation.  Thankfully the f10 map isn't disabled, so I can use dead reckoning to navigate, but I much prefer FM homing for that type of thing if possible.

Subsequent missions also suffer from this limitation.  The player is expected to fly to waypoints.  There is no navigational assistance here outside of heading and distance.  The F10 map shows you where you are, but without WP information on the Map itself finding where you are becomes frustrating.  There are some objectives with smoke, but not always.  There are also some objectives with ADF capabilities.  This is compounded by all the radio chatter and walls of text on the screen.  For me, as a VR player, I also don't have the luxury (or desire) to use secondary screens with briefing or nav aides.  If I decide to continue this campaign, I may opt to create custom kneeboards for each mission showing whatever images are in the PDF mission writeup.  

-  Also, your startup sequence must do something with the controls because the low RPM alarm goes off shortly after entering the cockpit.  It appears that you're turning on the Battery for some reason?

Why are you turning on the battery with your startup script?  If I am going to cold start this bird, please let me do it in the proper order.  Or maybe explain why we enter the heli and your mission turns this on, please.

-  There is a LOT of dialog happening.  I wasn't really sure what was flavor text/background and what I absolutely needed to comprehend.  Fortunately we now have the message history option, so I could go back and read things a second time to determine what I needed to know (in VR, stopping the game to read message history isn't ideal, but its better than nothing).  This is especially important as the Huey doesn't have any waypoint/route features.  Not sure how to solve this.  Maybe a beep or some audible queue to indicate something important is about to come?  I've seen this employed in other campaigns and it worked well (Paradise Lost).

To this player, the amount of information coming at me is overwhelming.  Especially when the bulk of it isn't necessary.  Pausing the game and reviewing message history becomes tedious and immersion breaking.  Again, in VR I have no way of writing things down, so looking for courses and distances or instructions on what to do is getting me frustrated.  There are some missions where you aren't told what to do in the briefing and get instructions in air.  Marking the F10 map with a marker showing where to go would make like a LOT easier, I suspect.

The wall of text should be corrected, IMHO.  There are times when 3 actors are speaking with one another.  The entire conversation is displayed at once and often takes up a large portion of the DCS dialog box on screen.  Trying to follow visually and audibly while also trying to fly results in this guy losing track of the conversation.  Yes, my "western ears" play a role here as some of the dialog is spoken with accents foreign to my listening patterns.  I know this is a "me problem".  I think this is worth noting however for those not accustomed to Russian accents where the on screen dialog, and how its presented to the player, becomes more important for understanding.

-  For the first mission, you used flares and smoke very well.  Thank you.  Given my confusion, it wasn't entirely clear what I was supposed to be doing.  Hopefully this continues throughout the campaign.

It doesn't.  At least not with any consistency that I've seen through 4 missions.  This factor is compounded when the scripting expects the player to remain on the "happy path".

For instance, in mission 3 and 4

Spoiler

I pickup the director at the airport and head out to WP2.  Supposed to land on the "Handy Wind".  I have no idea what it looks like and there are multiple ships out in the harbor.  Murphy takes me to the wrong ship.  When I realize this, I veer further out into the bay towards the large tanker and the mission trigger fires because I am actually over WP3 having skipped WP2 inadvertently.  The script starts the conversation between the Director (picked up at airport) and the Deputy (who is supposed to be still back on the Handy sing I never picked him up).  Concerned about breaking the rest of the mission I flew to the hotel and landed.  

Mission 4 is a night mission.  You're told to land on a particular building's helipad.  Not marked.  There's dialog saying there are people on the rooftop, so I am looking for them.  They aren't actually in the mission.  I fly past the WP (because there's no way to know where it is in the Huey).  Pause the game, go to the briefing locate the picture with the right tower highlighted.  Okay, that's where I WAS going, but since no one was on the roof, I got confused.  Nothing stood out as that building was the proper one to land.  When I did land there, I got a mission failure ... but the dialog continued as though I didn't fail.  VERY odd behavior.  I think the scripts need some tightening up.

Lastly - and this isn't Stone's fault, rather he's a victim of circumstance here.  Playing as a Russian mercenary pilot in a world where tactical nukes were deployed feels wrong in the Spring of 2022.  For me, it isn't a deal breaker.  But, as a factor among the other concerns I've listed, adds to my emotional frustration with the overall campaign. 

At this point, I am going to put this campaign on the shelf.  The problems I've had with the campaign (regardless of setting), overshadow the good that Stone put in here.  I KNOW there were months of hard work put into this campaign.  

Hopefully these observations assist anyone considering a purchase of MAD.

Also - if I am missing something key regarding navigation and how the designer intended Huey players to play, I am all open ears here.  

Edited by Mistermann

System Specs:

Spoiler

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Good afternoon! OK. Let's start in order!
I would like to point out that this is your subjective opinion, but in any case I will take it into account and make corrections.

10.04.2022 в 18:35, Mistermann сказал:

Subsequent missions also suffer from this limitation.  The player is expected to fly to waypoints.  There is no navigational assistance here outside of heading and distance.  The F10 map shows you where you are, but without WP information on the Map itself finding where you are becomes frustrating.  There are some objectives with smoke, but not always.  There are also some objectives with ADF capabilities.  This is compounded by all the radio chatter and walls of text on the screen.  For me, as a VR player, I also don't have the luxury (or desire) to use secondary screens with briefing or nav aides.  If I decide to continue this campaign, I may opt to create custom kneeboards for each mission showing whatever images are in the PDF mission writeup.  

Specifying WP with different smokes and FM beacons is cheating and only breaks the realism in the mission.
You have completed 4 missions, it is on them that we will focus.
Wall of text. You may have misconfigured the size of the interface, sir! I would like to take a look at it as a screenshot. Since I did not create any walls there, with the normal size of the interface in the game.
I use only VR and with an interface size of -2, there are definitely no walls that interfece with me!

Radio broadcast must be saturated! You, as a pilot, catch your call sign in it - RSU12. Cockpit conversations are my style of storytelling. This is not just chatter - this is an acquaintance with the main characters.

Why are you turning on the battery with your startup script?  If I am going to cold start this bird, please let me do it in the proper order.  Or maybe explain why we enter the heli and your mission turns this on, please.

In case you haven't noticed in 4 missions, sir. Your co-pilot controls the radio stations for you! It is he who turns on the battery and tunes the radio stations. After all, before launching, you must definitely make a launch request! And yes, you completely forgot that there are 2 people in the helicopter. Sorry for not giving you the opportunity to turn on the battery.

To this player, the amount of information coming at me is overwhelming.  Especially when the bulk of it isn't necessary.  Pausing the game and reviewing message history becomes tedious and immersion breaking.  Again, in VR I have no way of writing things down, so looking for courses and distances or instructions on what to do is getting me frustrated.  There are some missions where you aren't told what to do in the briefing and get instructions in air.  Marking the F10 map with a marker showing where to go would make like a LOT easier, I suspect.

Everything is clear to me here. I will take your feedback into account when creating future campaigns. But to draw conclusions about the need for this or that information is your subjective view. And simplifying missions that are so simple also seems strange to me. And again - RSU12, 12th, 1-2. Your only call sign. Which should draw your attention to the radio and this incredible flow of information.

The wall of text should be corrected, IMHO.  There are times when 3 actors are speaking with one another.  The entire conversation is displayed at once and often takes up a large portion of the DCS dialog box on screen.  Trying to follow visually and audibly while also trying to fly results in this guy losing track of the conversation.  Yes, my "western ears" play a role here as some of the dialog is spoken with accents foreign to my listening patterns.  I know this is a "me problem".  I think this is worth noting however for those not accustomed to Russian accents where the on screen dialog, and how its presented to the player, becomes more important for understanding.

Here the problem is clear to me. Walls of text will be fixed, but you should pay attention to the interface, as I said earlier.
Voice actors, if they are here, would not be very happy)))) The main roles of the pilots are voiced by guys from the States. All the main roles that are needed for the plot are voiced by guys from England, the States, Canada. There are exactly 1% of Russian actors there.
Your bias makes me a little stumped sir.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
citation--------------I pickup the director at the airport and head out to WP2.  Supposed to land on the "Handy Wind".  I have no idea what it looks like and there are multiple ships out in the harbor.  Murphy takes me to the wrong ship. 
The briefing picture shows the exact location of the ship! You should have looked at them.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
When I realize this, I veer further out into the bay towards the large tanker and the mission trigger fires because I am actually over WP3 having skipped WP2 inadvertently.  The script starts the conversation between the Director (picked up at airport) and the Deputy (who is supposed to be still back on the Handy sing I never picked him up).  Concerned about breaking the rest of the mission I flew to the hotel and landed.  
Yes. This is problem. I'll fix it in the next patch. Unfortunately, I did not follow this trigger in this particular mission (I hope), because I have been trying to build a sequence of triggers with blocking the next triggers for a long time so that there are no such situations. Will be fixed!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mission 4 is a night mission.  You're told to land on a particular building's helipad.  Not marked. 
Pre-flight briefing sir! Pilots spend a little more time on it usually. Even if you do not read and study the text of the briefing, the picture clearly shows and marked 2 buildings, and the left one is marked!
There's dialog saying there are people on the rooftop, so I am looking for them. 
ROLMAN: - Here they are, our Western colleagues, already on duty on the roof. 
Yes, perhaps these words have misled you. It's about the people on the building you're flying over, not the building you're supposed to land on.
I will consider this incident!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
They aren't actually in the mission.  I fly past the WP (because there's no way to know where it is in the Huey).  Pause the game, go to the briefing locate the picture with the right tower highlighted. - Left tower, sir)) and this information had to be taken into account during pre-flight preparation, not during flight.
Okay, that's where I WAS going, but since no one was on the roof, I got confused.  Nothing stood out as that building was the proper one to land.  When I did land there, I got a mission failure - OK! You have received helicopter damage.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
... but the dialog continued as though I didn't fail.  VERY odd behavior. - I will check and fix. But the trigger system, which is aimed at ensuring that dialogues do not overlap, also works with a Failed Mission. At the most, you to listen to 1 dialogue that was broadcast at the time of the damage to the helicopter, the rest should be blocked.
But I will definitely check and fix it.!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I think the scripts need some tightening up. - I'll check and fix

Lastly - and this isn't Stone's fault, rather he's a victim of circumstance here.  Playing as a Russian mercenary pilot in a world where tactical nukes were deployed feels wrong in the Spring of 2022.  For me, it isn't a deal breaker.  But, as a factor among the other concerns I've listed, adds to my emotional frustration with the overall campaign. 

At this point, I am going to put this campaign on the shelf.  The problems I've had with the campaign (regardless of setting), overshadow the good that Stone put in here.  I KNOW there were months of hard work put into this campaign.  

I have tried to carefully analyze your subjective opinion about the campaign, and involuntarily a few things come to my mind.
Perhaps the real world situation upset you a little more than you think. After all, more than 70 percent of your observations of the campaign are the search for negative factors even where there are none. And the absence of positive factors.
I'm sorry sir, but I would appreciate it if you would be as meticulous in briefing my missions as you were in creating your grand review.
Then, probably, my project would not have seemed so complicated and unpleasant to you.

Hopefully these observations assist anyone considering a purchase of MAD.

Also - if I am missing something key regarding navigation and how the designer intended Huey players to play, I am all open ears here.  

First of all, I would like to apologize for my harsh reaction. But you really saw only flaws even where there are none. I'm upset!
In the next message I will post the English version of the Mission Briefing so that every pilot who is thinking about buying a MAD campaign can read the briefing and evaluate their capabilities.
Also, you, the future players in this campaign, can get acquainted with one of the missions for free at the link - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/files/myfiles/

Mistermann, thank you for your review. In any case, your feedback will be taken into account when creating my projects in the future.

BRIEFING- ENG.pdf

Edited by STONE SKY
  • Like 1

Thank you for the briefing. This is helpful.

I still have a few questions though because I'm still undecided yet (I didn't like Memory of a Hero, but you improved a lot with Crew Campaign).

1.) can you chose between UH-1H and Gazelle for each mission or is it "some missions Huey" and "some misions Gazelle"? If so, how many missions are Huey and how many are Gazelle (which version)?

2.) I think I read that you can see your aircraft on the F10 map? Is this forced? I like to fly with "map only" to make sure I have to navigate myself.

• Like 1

4 часа назад, rge75 сказал:

Thank you for the briefing. This is helpful.

I still have a few questions though because I'm still undecided yet (I didn't like Memory of a Hero, but you improved a lot with Crew Campaign).

1.) can you chose between UH-1H and Gazelle for each mission or is it "some missions Huey" and "some misions Gazelle"? If so, how many missions are Huey and how many are Gazelle (which version)?

2.) I think I read that you can see your aircraft on the F10 map? Is this forced? I like to fly with "map only" to make sure I have to navigate myself.

Hello, sir! All missions you can choose helicopter - Huey or Gazelle. 10 missions. Gazelle version. - SA343L(on most missions), SA342M
1-You can go through the campaign first on Huey, and again all the same missions on the Gazelle - and feel the difference!
2-Unfortunately, I cannot block the ability to see your location on the F10 map, this will make it impossible for other players to navigate.
You don't have to use F10 - it will be a great challenge for a professional! 
Be sure to test the free mission! Just to evaluate and make a purchase decision - https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ru/files/myfiles/

Edited by STONE SKY

1.) Thanks, good to know I can chose the helicopter (flew they Huey enough, therefore looking forward for the Gazelle).
2.) Well, an option would be to not force the option. This way it would simply take the settings from the user. However, I can live with the visible aircraft, even though I prefer the map only.

The link will lead me to "my" download files though. I was searching for user Stone Sky in the user files, but didn't find the free mission.

• Like 1

Hi Stone Sky,

just a quick feedback on the almost done MAD campaign on the Gazelle.

I'm a very big fan of the Gazelle, and when the MAD Campaign has been available i didn't waste a second to think before dowloading a new campaign taking my favourite Helo as main protagonist.

I just finished the 6 first Missions and i'm quite disapointed because, i do not deny that there is a scenario, it must have taken a lot of work to build those missions, but there is nothing to do!

On the first 6 missions, the only skills you need to have is taking off, hearing the radio comms(optional), following the nadir, and land! The only task  is carrying guys from point A to point B, even when a lot of actions is taking place on ground, your just have to hear radio as if you're just spectators of the action.

So when you spent hours to improve your skills with an aircraft and come to those missions, you feel like playing MSFS! I would have hoped more technicity, action and fun!

I hope that the 4 last missions will be more exciting and orgasmic so i will not regret the 11 bucks (very expensive comparing to many campaign i bought and that procure much hours and much funs for less)

I'll keep you informed.

• Like 2

Taken into consideration!
Yes, I must agree. This campaign is primarily a project of my imagination, so I showed exactly how I play DCS.
Your feedback makes sense to me! I agree.
It happened because of my idea to connect helicopters. Huey is transport, Gazelle is combat! I thought it would be cool!
But I did not take into account the diversity and versatility of the players who decide to play my campaign.
I recorded all the feedback as points of the rules, which I will take into account in the following projects.

And I also agree with Mistemann ... And I also wrote down all his reviews as points of the rules for the following projects. Thanks to your feedback, I will be able to create the necessary projects! All the same - my task is to give the player what he wants. But sometimes I think like an artist and give what I want!
Who does not make mistakes - he does nothing!

Thanks again for the feedback! I will try to make more relevant campaigns

We need less chatter, more landmarks and navigation elements, more use of weapons and module equipment ...
Sometimes I forget it's not MFS

Just to balance things a bit, I'm one of those who play DCS campaigns for the roleplaying aspects as well as the flying, rather than for the action proper. I've thoroughly enjoyed this campaign, as I did The Crew pt 1 (will there ever be a part 2?) and even Oilfield that has zero combat.

• Thanks 1

Hi Stone sky,

You're right, it's a matter of feeling and we all have different expectations and everybody should find what is looking for to have a great campaign.

First, in your campaign, we feel that a plenty of work have been done around the scene under our feet, because there is a lot of good and innovative idea.

Personnaly, what is missing is diversity and mainly for all the thing i discussed before, because everybody has to find his way. A hard work has been made on scenario, but too heavy on the radio comms and linearity from my point of view.

I love the gazelle because of its light way of flight, its agilty, i love to make the dragonfly through the building/trees/terrain topology and always 3 m above the ground. So i love to play with its strengthness with ambush, scout and versatilty.

Because of the low/medium range of its weapons, you need to go into the lethal range of targets, that leads to intense approach and careful progression, so i'm quite disapointed when every mission looks like a school bus tour.

From my opinion, what is a great campaign (i mainly have all missions aroung m2K, gazelle, F18), you need :

-Feeling to progress into action, but also into your way to control your aircraft : so it's a great feeling of achievement to begin a mission with stuffs that you're not sure to achieve, and finally you quit and can say : "i did it!" Not to hard, but not to easy

-Unexpected : it's always great to have unexpected actions... you begin a mission with a mindmap of what to do, and suddenly something happen and you have to reorganize your mind how to deals with those new elements/objectives : great feeling of achievement also

-time increase intensity : mission that last, increase the feeling that you have to do the things well

-Technicity : finding a way to get further than the common use that you can find into the manual or on youtube tutos of your aircraft and functionnaly

I don't say that every mission should match with every listed topics, but if each mission have one pinch of this items, it's just the flavour of pepper that you end a mission with a lot of sweat of satisfaction

I hope you didn't take my words as aggressive comments, it's my point of view about my love for DCS.

Nevertheless, thanks for your work and the way you want to share with us the way YOU love DCS!

Don't hesitate if you want more feedback to your future creations!

A.

• Like 1

19 часов назад, BuzzLine сказал:

Just to balance things a bit, I'm one of those who play DCS campaigns for the roleplaying aspects as well as the flying, rather than for the action proper. I've thoroughly enjoyed this campaign, as I did The Crew pt 1 (will there ever be a part 2?) and even Oilfield that has zero combat.

Thanks for your feedback! So far I'm set for a series of MAD campaigns. Campaign Crew - also a series, I will return to it later next year

pognhek 

Thank you for your feedback and the necessary ways of development!
I will work on myself!

So far it's great and i appreciate keeping the missions short but yet filled with atmosphere, content and dialogue. i play exclusively in VR and flying missions for over 40 mins can be too much sometimes...
i just came back from quick run on mission 4 but something got me a bit confused :

Spoiler

after coming back from the Dubai Frame and the events that unfold in the building i was told to scare a Huey that was following me and simulate a ramming maneuver, i did it a few times but nothing happened. is there something i missed?

Good afternoon! I wanted to show that the CIA agents are the same persistent guys, and are not going to back down.
Therefore, after leaving, they again approach you.
The CIA RTB is the trigger for your landing request.
As soon as you request a landing on the Seawise Giant, the CIA helicopter immediately RTB.

55 minutes ago, STONE SKY said:

Good afternoon! I wanted to show that the CIA agents are the same persistent guys, and are not going to back down.
Therefore, after leaving, they again approach you.

Spoiler

The issue I have is that I'm not sure I'm flying close enough to scare them away, and once I flew so close that I crashed into them. 😄 

Are there some intermediate messages/triggers to confirm that we've been close enough ? Something like "Oh that scared him a bit but he's coming back. Try again !" , then "Still coming back, keep trying !"  ?  Maybe there are but I didn't trigger them. 😞