CA engine sounds broken after open beta update

Checked again after latest patch and the engine sounds are absent from numerous CA vehicles. Didn't have a long time to test but the Bradley and Vulcan are broken and on the red side T-80U, T-55 and Shilka all have no engine sound. I'm sure all the CA community would appreciate a fast fix on this as it really affect immersion making it for me unplayable at present. 

PS I only tested this out on multi-player

• 1 year later...

Any update on the missing CA engine sounds in multiplayer? (no problems with engine sound in single player missions)
M1A2 without engine lacks mojo 😞

Attached log and track file from MP session on quiet server (Hoggit's PGAW)
Tested near Al Minhad airfield. First I had to spawn the tank with crates via Huey + CTLD and then hop to JTAC/Operator role and take control of the tank.

DCS Steam Edition
Current Open Beta 2.8.5.40170
Multithread Build 

Persian Gulf At War 1.0.0_morning-20230526-153200 - CA M1A2 bug - no tank engine sound.trk

dcs.log

Edited by boerdi

On 5/26/2023 at 4:14 PM, boerdi said:

Any update on the missing CA engine sounds in multiplayer?

You have mods that do that to you. Remove or update them.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

9 hours ago, draconus said:

You have mods that do that to you. Remove or update them.

Indeed. I read about the Blackhawk mod causing problems and I applied the manual config fix I found somewhere here in the forum (edit: found the thread)
That fix worked when I hopped onto a MP server with a M1A2 tank that I placed earlier which got saved and carried over by the server mission save system.

Then I encountered the bug again which prompted me to post above query.

Following your recommendation I have removed every single mod that was installed (Blackhawk, Hercules, Tacview, SRS)
And ran a file verification for good measure (which returned without any errors)

Now for the interesting part: I created a MP server on my local network with a super basic mission with only a ready-to-drive M1A2 -> no problems with engine sound

Then I hopped onto a public MP server to confirm the test and I gladly found one of my spawned and saved M1A2 still in place 😄 -> no problems with engine sound

But since that tank got carried over and was already present during server restart I did a final test and spawned in a tank via CTLD -> bam, no engine sound (with vanilla DCS)

Log and track files:

dcs.log

Persian Gulf At War 1.0.0_evening-20230528-170052.trk

TL;DR: The M1A2 that got saved/carried over and present at server restart has engine sound. The M1A2 that I spawned in afterwards via CTLD does not.

You can hear the engine of the saved and carried over M1A2 but no engine mojo from the freshly spawned one 😞

Edited by boerdi
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...