Invisible FARP placement removes scenery

bitboy

Hi,

I have a mission where I want to have players depart from a border outpost in the Syria map. The scenery has a nice outpost setup along the DMZ with a fancy Helipad as well. I want to use the Invisible FARP object to allow rearm/refuel/repair.

The problem is, when you place the Invisible FARP marker on the map over the Outpost scenery it removes nearly all the scenery when you run it in game. So no detailed buildings or helipad. If I move the Invisible FARP to a location away from the scenery so it reappears in game the new problem is that the FARP is too far away from the scenery to be is use, so no Rearm/Refuel/Repair.

Could we get a fix so that the Invisible FARP does not remove scenery when placed? This would allow mission designers to have greater flexibility in FARP placement using, as in this case, the excellent scenery details available in the DCS maps.

I've included two basic mission examples of the invisible FARP placement issue.

Thanks,

bitboy

image.png

image.png

InvisFARP_Scenery_Back_MP_3-31-2022.miz InvisFARP_Scenery_gone_MP_3-31-2022.miz

• Like 2

More of a wishlist item than a bug TBH. But I agree I would be great if the FARP didnt cull objects and lived up to its "invisible" ................or................as a novelty................Ugra bothered to make the many helo pads they have dotted around Syria more than eye candy. 

I assume its something to do with a collison model or some such .

• Like 2

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Ahh yes, good point! I agree more like wishlist as you mention. I was working under the assumption that the Invisible FARP wouldn't erase the "eye candy" scenery. 😆 Certainly the Syria map in my opinion, at this moment in time is the best DCS map/scenery eye candy for sure. 🤩 

Edited by bitboy

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...