'Head Movement by G-Forces in Cockpit' issue causing microstuttering?

obious

Hi ED,

I've noticed a bit of a werid issue (I think somewhat recently, although it could have always been there but am only just now noticing it as I dial in my VR settings) whereby if I move the stick from left to right and simultaneously look at the UFC, the UFC/entire dash becomes blurry (almost as if there's micro suttering going o). 

To test I'm flying the F-18 Navada Free Flight mission and my settings are below. I'm running a Reverb G1 at 100% StreamVR scaling res & 90fps (no motion repro.) and no mods. I'm averaging 8ms GPU frame time (at ~60% utilisation) and 6-9ms CPU frametime so I don't think its a hardware issue.

The werid thing is that if I turn the 'Head Movement by G-Forces in Cockpit' settting off, the issue goes away. What I will say is that when moving my head around the cockpit and looking outside (whilst moving my head left-to-right), I don't experience any motion/microstuttering.

I've done other tests and the 'issue' (if indeed it is a thing and I'm not just being oversensitive) exists when flying the F-14. F-16 and F-5E also.

Is this expecfted behaviour or a problem?

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

• 2 months later...

Thats a good one and one I havent come across personally although the F14 and F16 do hit VR users the hardest especially in the cockpit.

It reads like a refresh rate kinda glitch, i'd go to NVidia control panel, 3d settings and set VSYNC to Fast as this reduces tearing when moving your eyes across a scene, perhaps this would help.

Edited by wheelie

wheelie

Windows10, RTX4090 OC, i9-9900k @ 5ghz all cores, 64gb DDR3600 ram, M.2 boot drive and crucial SSD's, M.2 for DCS.
VR user Varjo Aero, Virpil Throttle and Base with Thrustmaster sticks.

On 3/31/2022 at 1:49 PM, obious said:

The werid thing is that if I turn the 'Head Movement by G-Forces in Cockpit' settting off, the issue goes away. What I will say is that when moving my head around the cockpit and looking outside (whilst moving my head left-to-right), I don't experience any motion/microstuttering.

Where can I find this setting? Would like to try myself as well. 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png