Adjusting IHADSS symbology position within VR

westr

Is there a way to make the IHADSS Monocle position move?, I'm finding that although I have it only setup to render in my right eye it looks more in the centre of my VR display, I use VR with a Reverb G2. 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

The way my VR HMD sits on my face, the center of the IHADSS ends up about 15 degrees above my natural line of sight, which makes the thing pretty headache inducing to use.  i've found myself mostly flying with it off except when i need to prosecute targets to reduce my eyestrain from always looking up to see it.

Can we get a setting to offset the IHADSS rendering height?  bonus points if it can be bound to key commands so i can adjust in the cockpit.

• Like 6

On 3/27/2022 at 2:56 AM, westr said:

Is there a way to make the IHADSS Monocle position move?, I'm finding that although I have it only setup to render in my right eye it looks more in the centre of my VR display, I use VR with a Reverb G2. 

Haha I finally found this post as I say the same thing. I see the monocole in Both eyes even tho I have it setup in the right only.. Now if I close my right eye I see only the view outside my eye with a piece of the monopcle to my left side of the left eye. when I close my left eye I see only the monocole but when I view with Both eyes like I do IRL I see the monocole cover both eyes..

I also want to point out if I look right with both eyes I see what the left eye sees part of the monocole and the rest of the monocole looking right with both eyes. so something is not exactly correct here..

I am pretty sure If I placed the real helmet on my head with the monocole in position it would not look like it does in VR maybe a little bit but it seems way exagerated in the VR headset where I see it in both my eyes.

Here is a Stereo screenshot in a single shot. note the monocole is in the center, I think for this to be correct the monocole needs to be shifted to the right. maybe they did this for the 2d monitors?? but in the 3d headset it is not correctly aligned.. so hopefully a dev will pick this post up and pass it along.

monocole center eye.png

Edited by The_Nephilim
added 3d stereo screenshot.

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

Hello, RuskyV, can you be a little more specific as I cannot find any binds for the Ihadss movement?

Well I looked in the settings controls I se no such adjustments.. If anybody knows if they exist Please leave a post here on where they can be found. this would help out immensly in Vr..

Edited by The_Nephilim
snipe hunt

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

• Raptor9 changed the title to Adjusting IHADSS symbology position within VR