How to force AA under VISTA 32

Iceman1978

Hi.

Just downloaded english version yesterday and must say the game is really great. The only thing that bothers me is that there's no available option to turn antialiasing on from the game menu. I tried to force it on using standard nVidia panel but again it doesn't make any difference in the game. So my question is: Is it possible to force it under DX10 using for example any others programs like nHancer or any other workarounds and if so how should I set it up?

Thanks

AA should be working in Vista. Only thing that doesn't work by setting in Vista in graphics driver is V-Sync. If a game doesn't have option for setting level of AA and AF then this can be set in graphics driver. If the game does have this option then you need to disbale it in graphics driver and let application chose level of AA and AF. I'd say try different set of graphics drivers.

No longer active in DCS...

BS doesn't support that ingame AFAIK.

You have to set them manually in the drivers.

Both, nVidia and ATI offer settings in the drivers to Enhance software settings or override them. Enhance settings only works if the game already has set AF or FSAA to any level, override works regardless of the game-options included.

I use enforced settings for both, AF and FSAA. That works independendly of the operating system, of course.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Both, nVidia and ATI offer settings in the drivers to Enhance software settings or override them. Enhance settings only works if the game already has set AF or FSAA to any level, override works regardless of the game-options included.

And that's the point. Like I said I already tried to override them but in the game nothing changed. It seems that eiter I'm doing something wrong or it doesn't work in Vista.

I'm using 178.13 drivers and the settings are like:

nvidia.jpg.cbbd3b3d9c62835c03d94e8fa3ca693e.jpg

And that's the point. Like I said I already tried to override them but in the game nothing changed. It seems that eiter I'm doing something wrong or it doesn't work in Vista.

I'm using 178.13 drivers and the settings are like:

I have them inforced in global settings, not in the program-settings for BlackShark only. Maybe that does the trick?

But I also use the latest nVidia-drivers.

PS: Just noticed: Is it possible that you linked the profile to the launcher instead of the game? At least on my PC the green symbol is used for the launcher, the orange for the game.

I will test the program-settings and see if it still works, then.

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Okay, I bound the profile to the DCS.EXE and it worked fine, too.

Strange :noexpression:

Forced them directly in Global Settings instead of in Program Settings finaly helped. Anyway problem sorted out thanks a lot :thumbup:

That's good to hear!

I guess it was the wrong exe chose in the profile, judging from the screenshot you sent. But hey, it works! :thumbup: