Setting Auto ranging on WPN page no longer works after hotfix

Mr_Blastman

On release I could click on the MAN range button within WPN page and enter "A" into the keyboard and press ender and my IHAADS would switch from a range value of say 1.5 or 0.8 to A for Auto and it would adjust based on where I looked.  This does not seem to work anymore.  Inputting "A" does nothing and the fix value remains what the Apache calculates upon.

Note:  This is from the PILOT seat I am referring to.

Edited by Mr_Blastman

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, csdigitaldesign said:

It still works it's just not updating on the HUD. It also has never updated on the MFD (from the start).

It shouldn't update on the WPN page under MANRNG>. That isn't a bug, that is accurate behavior. Just in case anyone was under a false impression it should. The last Manual Range value entered will always be displayed on the MANRNG> button, even when in Auto.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

I've had this couple times now in multiplayer but wasn't able to get track. WAS'd GUN, I was able to change MANRNG amount but when i try to put "A" ihadss still shows Mx.x 

http://dcsfinland.fi/

Dcs: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, MiG-21bis, M2000C, C-101, AJS-37, F-5, MF1, Bf-109K4, AH-64, UH-1, Ka-50, Mi-24, FC3, SC

System: i5-13600k@P58,58,57,57,56,56/E45 Asus TUF 3080Ti OC 12gb, 64gb DDR5 5600cl32, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBrD, Warthog throttle with deltasim slew, MFG Crosswind, DIY ”UFC”, 3x TM MFD’s

• ED Team

please include a track replay example. 

Auto range is working for me. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It appears that after the latest update, the Auto Ranging for both the CPG and Pilot has been broken. 

Steps I took:

Pilot: 

Lift off, holding at Hover

A/S: Armed

WAS Gun

Weapon Page 

Manrange boxed

"A" entered into Computer 

Enter Pressed

Range still showed M1.5 in HMD 

WAS Rockets

Weapon Page

Manrange boxed

"A" entered into Computer

Range still showed M1.5 in HMD

Gunner - Same steps as above but range showed M3.0 

Same to me.

Once in the air I turn ON RAD ALT guns select and set manual-range in A (Auto) the HMD show Automatic distance but when I change to rockets doesn't works any mmore even if I change back to guns again and manual-range to auto.

I found the same issue with a cold start.  Radar Altimeter was working, but when I went to auto range the rockets or the gun, the high action display in the helmet sight still showed an "M" range instead of an "A" range.  Also, this was on a server, not in single player.

Edited by lboothby

vor einer Stunde schrieb lboothby:

I found the same issue with a cold start.  Radar Altimeter was working, but when I went to auto range the rockets or the gun, the high action display in the helmet sight still showed an "M" range instead of an "A" range.  Also, this was on a server, not in single player.

You have to set the range to auto every time you switch between weapons, it doesn't buffer the auto range, only the manual.

Viggen GIF 2.gif

"If we don't end war, war will end us."  

H. G. Wells

didn't work for me from the start even with the doopler radar switched on.

even new install does not change to automatic laser range. I tried it out with kumbel, it works for him, the same steps, different effects

i can't switch it via r6 button

Bild_2022-04-06_115405.png

Edited by Dave Clarke

14 minutes ago, Dave Clarke said:
didn't work for me from the start even with the doopler radar switched on.

even new install does not change to automatic laser range. I tried it out with kumbel, it works for him, the same steps, different effects

Just to be clear, automatic ranging isn't related to the laser designator.

Not sure where your quote is from, but the 'Doppler' setting in TSD->UTIL isn't what needs to be turned on, it's the RAD ALT in FLT->SET.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR