Can't get sidewinder to lock on after unlocking

Gunfreak
Go to solution Solved by skywalker22,

I played my first online game today, just a silly coop with a friend us in 2 F16s vs 8 MiG21.

When I go into dogfight mode, my plane locks on to targets just fine, but I then try and unlock it, either with TMS right or down(tried both) after that that Sidewinders refuse to lock on, no mater how long I keep the plane in the HUD, no mater what type of tracking I'm using or using the helmet, I can keep the plane in the round target area in my helmet all day, and it won't lock on.

I also can't get my AMRAAMS to lock on through the hud, I can lock enemies fine with the MDF, but can't get a lock on with just the hud. 

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

Not sure what you mean by "lock on". There are two things that you can lock the target with in DGFT mode, the radar or the missile's (9X) IIR seeker.

For the missile's seeker to follow the HMCS, it has to be in the BORE mode, and this doesn't need the radar at all. For the radar to lock on, you will have to select one of the ACM radar modes, and it would seem that you have put it on standby by selecting TMS aft. Go TMS forward for boresight (which will follow the HMCS if it's enabled), TMS right for 30/20 or TMS aft for 10/60. Moving the radar cursor in any mode would switch to SLEW, but I'm not sure whether that's implemented in DCS. To fire AMRAAMs, you'd ideally want a radar lock, but you can fire one without a radar lock if the target will be in the AMRAAM radar's cone shortly after you launched it.

45 minutes ago, Aquorys said:

Not sure what you mean by "lock on". There are two things that you can lock the target with in DGFT mode, the radar or the missile's (9X) IIR seeker.

For the missile's seeker to follow the HMCS, it has to be in the BORE mode, and this doesn't need the radar at all. For the radar to lock on, you will have to select one of the ACM radar modes, and it would seem that you have put it on standby by selecting TMS aft. Go TMS forward for boresight (which will follow the HMCS if it's enabled), TMS right for 30/20 or TMS aft for 10/60. Moving the radar cursor in any mode would switch to SLEW, but I'm not sure whether that's implemented in DCS. To fire AMRAAMs, you'd ideally want a radar lock, but you can fire one without a radar lock if the target will be in the AMRAAM radar's cone shortly after you launched it.

In boresight or any other sighting options in dogfight mode. The plane locks on to the enemy. I uncaged and I can fire.

What I'm saying is this doesn't work.

If I remove the lock(because the plane has already been hit, and I want to engage another plane) it won't relock, at all. Doesn't matter which sight I use in dogfight. No matter how long I keep the enemy there I can't get a lock to uncage.

6 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

Sure it works, you just don`t do it correctly. Do exactly the same as you did for the lock 1st bandit. After TMS Down, do TMS Up for boresight mode.

Also make sure that the missiles in in boresight mode on the (normaly righr) MFD:

image.png

I have it in boresight mode. Nothing happens. Doesn't matter if i have it in the bore sight of the HUD or helmet. Nothing happens.