F6 Radio Command to find Cargo does not see any of the respawned cargo static objects anymore

Lineaxe

F6 Radio Command to find Cargo does not see any of the respawned cargo static objects anymore

Yes they are checked as Cargo . Yes the code had worked before for a long time .  Yes the static(s) spawned ok at the new location. 

Now when I start the Uh-1 over the cargo static location  I can't use the F6 to Select the Sling Cargo so that I can it pick up . 

Is this a bug in this latest version? 

I don't know anything that I might have even written into  the lua code that would have blocked the Uh-1 from  using the F6  Cargo command. 

On the hunt for the answer ...🤕

Edited by Lineaxe

You gave them all names not the same right? Cargo 1 Cargo 2 Cargo 3 Not copy and paste 1 into 3? but put 3 or whatever number down as separate individual cargo units? if So I am Sorry I was no help. I always put my cargos down in a zone just for that cargo unit. Not that that matters. Good Luck. 

I have all Cargos inside  a Cargo Set and  use the ForEach method on each static.

Each Static Name is  a Unique One  for sure. 

I just did a repair on DCS because I don't think they are all just suddenly not going to work with the Huey

you  see  Some Cargo sets still work , and these ones went weird...

Note : In the Briefing area of ME I  have lately had an image load problem that would wipe all the images that were stored out every time I tried to load an image. Maybe it corrupted these things as well..  I am deleting and recreating the whole lot of them to see if that will do something to fix this .

Anyhow,  Here is the Code snippet that I am using the ReSpawnAt method of a Static in.  It has meshed with my other code quite well for over 20 months or so.

inpStatic:ReSpawnAt(staticRandomPoint, 0, 1)

I had just rewritten  and gone over several functions I had created almost two years ago so I could add in Goal Scoring as well as more Helicopters dropping off Cargo  at Al Dhafra (Mi-8s) and  so on. So I thought maybe I had done something in there , much of the core code had changed. 

Later...

By Testing in a  UH-1 shows I can use F6 & be able to Select these statics when they are at their original position on the map. 

...   ....

Replacing them all with new statics did not work . When they get moved to a new location  these Statics Definitely do LOSE their ability to be CARGO.

The only thing I can now assume is it IS a BUG somewhere else than in my code or ME settings.   Really , there is nothing I could have written and I am thinking that is causing these Statics to  have inverted their IsCargo property flag  from  true to false.  There is no where I can even look at or change that property using moose and lua coding so I am thinking it must be a new bug.

Edited by Lineaxe
  • Like 1

🐞  A bug.🐞 

By using an Mi-8 I found that it has nothing to do with the Helicopters and is a most likely a bug and here is the Module where this bug lies.

Module Static

and here is the method in which the bug lies.

STATIC:ReSpawnAt(Coordinate, Heading)

Respawn the Unit at a defined Coordinate with an optional heading. 

Respawning the Unit at a defined Coordinate with an optional heading fails to RESPAWN THE STATIC with all of the STATICs properties.

Who do I report this bug to?  I should also take it out of the UH-1 section as the Helicopters seem to work fine ?