Russian audio in English version?

zika1234

Thanks for your help rob.... good answer.

zika, if you have the russian version, copy and paste the sound folder into your english installation. Please remember to make a backup of your english sounds folder.

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Is it possible to get the russian radio traffic in English version of game?

I would like to have english subtitles with russian audio language?

sorry, did I understand it right: in the english language version you can only hear english ATC voices?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Yes, and Nadia is kidnapped from an ugly Betty voice also, and your russian tower and wingman mates are also kidnapped by USA grunts.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• 2 weeks later...

Now i have BS english version too. Indeed, Nadia was replaced for this strange Betty.. also all ATC and Wingman voices dont fit in this russian context... :music_whistling:

..copy and paste the sound folder into your english installation..
I'll do that.. still the number of files are not even close..

Any side effect after this replacement?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asteroids

Update this

:D

I hope russian voices will be available for download in the future. In my opinion It is a huge hit to the inmersion.

I second that! With the subtitles, there is no need to hear english in this sim. Russian language would bump up the realism by a point in this sim!

I had the same thought while I was watching the training video about the ATC - the english subtitles with the voice comms in russian would be much more immersive.

Would it be OK with ED if somebody made the Russian voice comms available?

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Um i know its russian aircraft but it is flown by other countries so my question is , is there a version in real life that has English voice. Then i would have no need for russian speech.

Dell XPS 630i w/ Dell nForce 650i Sli ,Intel Q9650 @3.0 ,6.0 GB Ram @800Mhz, 2xGeforce 9800 GT 512 MB ,Saitek X52, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals ,Dell 24" 1080P HD monitor, Klipsch THX Pro Media 2.1 ,TrackIR 4, Logitech MX518

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Although local languages are sometimes used in ATC communications, the default language of aviation worldwide is English. Controllers who do not speak this as a first language are generally expected to show a certain minimum level of competency with the language.

I find it rather realistic to use English. ;)

• 1 month later...

Right, those English voices are breaking me - can anyone PLEASE upload sound files from the Russian version? The we could overwrite what we have...

As for all ATC being in English - you must be joking mate, the French ATC - to pick one! - can barely lay it on in major terminals, and you expect a Russian Army FARP to speak English to you?

I'd rather have an option to hear English voices with an accent for all transmissions.

Yes, the sound of hearing Russian voices is more authentic, but hearing the voices in a language that I can't understand is not realistic.

I know that there is subtitles, but I miss at least half of them.

1) Search the forums, someone has posted a link so you can download the russian speech for the betty, atc everything.

2) There is a mod comming out soon that replaces the russian speech in the campaigns with English in a Russian accent.

If you don't speak russian and when you start playing the campaigns reading the subtitles suddenly becomes increadibly tricky. If you want to know how tricky I suggest you go find a book with a small font, then rip out a page and tape it to your sun visor in your car. Now go for a drive and find somewhere really busy with fast moving traffic where you need your full concentration to navigate and not get t-boned...done that? Right now read that page while your doing it!

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aha, I see your point - apologies for misunderstanding.

Slightly OT, but for exactly that reason I think that in films/games they get rid of accented English if the actors are meant to converse in a foreign language - which is what they did in Valkyrie. Admittedly, then you'd have a lenghty debate about which 'flavour' of English to use!

Sorry for being 'special' - much searching didnt produce a link to the Russian sound files? Of course a nice GUI switch would be great, but I'd rather get technical now than wait X months of a patch!

I'd rather have an option to hear English voices with an accent for all transmissions.

Yes, the sound of hearing Russian voices is more authentic, but hearing the voices in a language that I can't understand is not realistic.

I know that there is subtitles, but I miss at least half of them.

I like the movies where they do a good accent. Example: Defiance vs. Valkyrie. I think speaking with a good accent is a bonus skill for an actor.

But I tell you, I had a hard time following Letters from Iwo Jima the first time I watched it.

I haven't seen Valkrie, but I always liked the way that they did it in Hunt for the Red October. In Russian, with subtitles, and then switch to English. Some then speak with a Russian accent and other with clear precise English...and then there is Mr Connery.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like the movies where they do a good accent. Example: Defiance vs. Valkyrie. I think speaking with a good accent is a bonus skill for an actor.

But I tell you, I had a hard time following Letters from Iwo Jima the first time I watched it.

Jeez, I saw a trailer for Valkyrie the other day. Hope i'm not the only one that doesn't like the 'true American hero' with full drawl standing up against nazism. Even Eddie Izzard was using his normal voice (and he's camp). I thought it hardly represents the upper echelons of at the time the most professional army in the world. I've got nothing against the image of a true American hero, but in an all-German war film?

I'm liking the english speech with Russian accent, how would you like the voices to be in Queens English? :( (like the Queen)

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

I would prefer it the Queens Engish -> for sake of 'realism', I shoudnt struggle to understand my wingman. So my order of preference:

1. Russian speech (naturally!)

2. Non accented English (we're all on the same side + speak our 1st language to each other) Queens English if you like.

Jeez, I saw a trailer for Valkyrie the other day.

I'm liking the english speech with Russian accent, how would you like the voices to be in Queens English? :( (like the Queen)

Jeez, I saw a trailer for Valkyrie the other day. Hope i'm not the only one that doesn't like the 'true American hero' with full drawl standing up against nazism. Even Eddie Izzard was using his normal voice (and he's camp). I thought it hardly represents the upper echelons of at the time the most professional army in the world. I've got nothing against the image of a true American hero, but in an all-German war film?

It would be better then them having a strong Southern US draw thats for sure.