Russian audio in English version?

zika1234

Just to add to the discussion: I have the original downloaded Russian version which I have managed to convert to Quasi English version by switching folders downloaded from modders websites.The voices say English words in Russian accents which I find acceptable. Menus, missions and written scripts are also in english, the only thing i dont have is english switch tabs in cockpit, although the cursor over the switch comes up in english. This set up will do me until boxed retail version is available in the UK [want a hard copy as opposed to another download] so i guess what you want is possible you just need to seek it out.

:)

It didn't sound like his normal accent to me, and his voice isn't camp. Other than that, bang on! :D

He had a soft voice, correction and my apologies mate. I have to admit that I only saw a short bit of the trailer.

Edit: Erm anyhoo.. I think what I was meant to mention is that seeing as WE all have different accents, what's normal for me wouldn't make much sense to someone from the Amazonian Rainforest, Mars, Glasgow etc. Take Goldmember for example lol

Edited by CE_Mikemonster

Too many cowboys. Not enough indians.

GO APE SH*T

Just to add to the discussion: I have the original downloaded Russian version which I have managed to convert to Quasi English version by switching folders downloaded from modders websites.The voices say English words in Russian accents which I find acceptable. Menus, missions and written scripts are also in english, the only thing i dont have is english switch tabs in cockpit, although the cursor over the switch comes up in english. This set up will do me until boxed retail version is available in the UK [want a hard copy as opposed to another download] so i guess what you want is possible you just need to seek it out.

:)

Drummer...while you are waiting for the boxed version, head on over to http://www.lockonfiles.com , and register then download Rugbutts "DCS-BS Russian to English Pit Conversion" . It certainly makes it a bit easier but is not a necessity if you've been flying for a while.

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

• 1 month later...

I was about to post a new topic, then found this thread...

I've been teaching myself Russian for the last four or five months now and was almost tempted to purchase the Russian version and trudge through it. On second thought I realised this may be futile given the complexity of the sim and my level of Russian. I'm about to pre-order the English version now and am curious, can the English version be played same as the Russian version ie. with full Russian speech, subtitles, cockpit and tooltips?

Perhaps later down the line I will want to switch and use it to further my language studies! :D

After reading through briefly, any update here. Can someone confirm the retail version will have support for both English and Russian languages?

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

I've been teaching myself Russian for the last four or five months now and was almost tempted to purchase the Russian version and trudge through it. On second thought I realised this may be futile given the complexity of the sim and my level of Russian. I'm about to pre-order the English version now and am curious, can the English version be played same as the Russian version ie. with full Russian speech, subtitles, cockpit and tooltips?

Perhaps later down the line I will want to switch and use it to further my language studies! :D

After reading through briefly, any update here. Can someone confirm the retail version will have support for both English and Russian languages?

IMHO, Russian version is loosely translated English version and it is not the reference for studying Russian language, so you make a good decision to purchase the English version.

But the Russian Almaz ('bitchin' betty') sounds much better. That's why I replaced just the almaz file from the Russian version.

Smokin' Hole

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

But the Russian Almaz ('bitchin' betty') sounds much better. That's why I replaced just the almaz file from the Russian version.

Smokin' Hole

In Russian AF it often called Rita (from 'Rechevoy Informator' — Voice Announcer).

And show some respect! In real life it sounds with voice of Nina Aleksandrovna Scherbakova.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=38936

Edited by Namenlos Ein

Hello, first post here. I have to say the same. The American voices are woefully out of place.

You should hear the german voices then ... it made my ears bleed :fear:

Really, tears were showing up in my eyes :cry: - and that did not happen in years!!

Please, please, make a download available for the original sounds, my russian skills are good enough (with subtitles *lol* .. no, just kidding) from the Su-25T :D

(and 10 years of involuntary Russian-lessons :music_whistling:)

basic

for translators ...

I've been teaching myself Russian for the last four or five months now

Wicked i've been doing the very same! I plan to spend a year or so in Russia in a couple of years. Also it's extremely satisfying, exciting and fun to self-teach yourself a language for a country that you love.

There are also excellent jobs in the Russian translating business, or for teaching English in Russia.

Удачи!

Just out of curiosity: are there any good free online courses russian? I just cannot stand that I don't know how to pronounce the words to start with, let alone know the russian alphabet.

Any good resource would be very helpful.

It is extremely beneficial to try and get a good grasp of the alphabet, while also learning very basic things like greetings, simple questions, and my favourite - the basic numerical system.

Once the alphabet is sorted, it should be a piece of cake as the entire language is largely phonetic, so everything is pronounced just as it's written.

The tricky parts are the soft and hard signs, and making sure you know where the stress is on a word. The stress can alter the meaning of something entirely.

There are probably good courses if you google search.

This guy is absolutely fantastic, i highly recommend a watch if you are serious about learning:

He has an entire course, which he makes fun and interesting.

I have downloaded them as well as a very good podcast by Olga Mitchell onto my iPod touch.

If you have an iphone or an itouch, you can get some good apps from the istore that can help you learn Russian.

My favourite sites for learning the alphabet are as follows:

http://learnrussian.elanguageschool.net/mod/resource/view.php?id=1

http://www.masterrussian.com/aa122599a.shtml

All found through google.

There are also some good pieces of software for your desktop or laptop that can assist you, but i am yet to really look into them.

The biggest advice i can give you is to love the language. Immerse yourself in it. Speak it to your friends, they'll probably love it and give great opportunity to express your enjoyment in it.

By the way, if you do decide to check out Viktor's youtube video that i linked to there, you should be observant of his very subtle, very tongue-in-cheek humour. It is quite random yet pretty fun. There is also one video i watched where the perspective suddenly flips upside down, and cycles through a few visual filters. he likes to play around with things like that.

I'm just a fan of authenticity. I play Silent Hunter III also. Much less complex, but after playing in German, if I switch the voices to English, I feel like I'm in a well known tacky Hollywood movie.

I'm considering the Russian version and a heap of perseverence now... hmmm.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

I would enjoy Black Shark a lot more with the option of having English dialogue but with a Russian accent i think, as it's such a hassle to pause and read the text in the heat of battle.

Incidentally, that Viktor dude isn't really Russian, he's actually British, from a place an hour away from me. But he can speak 20 languages! He is a very amazing person.

I would enjoy Black Shark a lot more with the option of having English dialogue but with a Russian accent i think' date=' as it's such a hassle to pause and read the text in the heat of battle.[/quote']

This is the default behavior of the English version. Are you playing the Russian version? If so, it should be possible to import English voices from the English version.

• 3 weeks later...

2) There is a mod comming out soon that replaces the russian speech in the campaigns with English in a Russian accent.

Realy ???

Who is working on that project and how we will be able to get it ?

I'm asking because I've jast started to work on a similer project

So ... I better know ... right?

Edited by REL

language in dcs

But the Russian Almaz ('bitchin' betty') sounds much better.

cofirm. the russian in blackshark is much more clear, climatic and realistic than english. possibility to switch between rus and ang languages would be cool.

[sIGPIC]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6720/avatarpolishairforce.png[/sIGPIC]

system specs:

mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35DS4 rev 2.1, CPU: Intel C2D E8400@4GHz, GPU: Nvidia 8800GTS 512, RAM: Kingston HyperX 4x 1GB 1066MHz Dual Channel, HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F1 640 GB x2, sound: Realtek Azalia ALC889A + SB Audigy + Dolby Digital/DTS external encoder/tuner, display: Asus VW222U 22', case: Raidmax Smilodon, headphones: Sennheiser HD650, stick: Saitek Cyborg Evo, Track IR4 Pro + TrackClip Pro, O/S: Windows 7/Vista x64