Vista and Multi-core/Multi-CPUs, Continued

ericinexile

ok, i think this game is the reason why i will search my room for the dvd and install vista 32bit ... never thought id do this again..

Intel C2D E8400 @ 4,05GHz; Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6; nVidia Geforce 9800GTX; 4GB OCZ; Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum; TrackIR 4pro; Saitek X52 Pro; Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals; Vista Home Premium 64-bit

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dl'd Thg task manager off toms hardware. Wow it works great!! I picked up 20-30 frames on a quad core. All of the stutters are gone as well

Link ???

Intel I7-10700K, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVMe, MSI Z490 ACE, RAM:64GB DDR4 3600, WIN 10-64, 1080Ti😩

Waiting on a good RTX

AH-64D|AV-88|A10CII|F15E|F16CM|FA18C|F14B|NV|PG|Syria|Synia

Here's a curious devleopment. If I right-click and run the script as administrator, it won't start. Gives an error. If I double click on it without Admin perms ... it runs fine. Still ... No TrackIR. Which is the biggest turn-off. I've tried a few different troubleshooting techniques with no luck.

:(

I've tried the DL from Toms Hardware and set the affinity in BS to core 0 and core 1 ( affinity 3) and I'm not really noticing the frame-rate jump a I do with the scripts. Perhaps I should stick with that app ... but tweak THAT somehow? CPU - E6600 Duo

Edited by LIONPRIDE

- - - - - - - - TO FLY IS HEAVEN. TO HOVER IS DIVINE - - - - - -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

. I've tried a few different troubleshooting techniques with no luck.

Just as a test, could you try the original scripts I posted earlier in the thread? Those ones do not automatically launch Black Shark, and you have to run Black Shark manually. I am wondering if your TrackIR is somehow getting its profile confused because of the script loading the program. So, basically, get the original script, launch it, then minimize the window that opens, then launch Black Shark, then see if your TrackIR works. let me know what happens.

Just as a test, could you try the original scripts I posted earlier in the thread? Those ones do not automatically launch Black Shark, and you have to run Black Shark manually. I am wondering if your TrackIR is somehow getting its profile confused because of the script loading the program. So, basically, get the original script, launch it, then minimize the window that opens, then launch Black Shark, then see if your TrackIR works. let me know what happens.

I tried it ... no luck. I am suspect to the TrackIR too. The only thing that is strange is that it'll work if I run BS with the vanilla shortcut (no scripts). I can play BS at 32 frames w/out the scripts ... but getting that 41-43 frames in cockpit sure is nice ... *sigh*

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I tried it ... no luck. I am suspect to the TrackIR too. The only thing that is strange is that it'll work if I run BS with the vanilla shortcut (no scripts). I can play BS at 32 frames w/out the scripts ... but getting that 41-43 frames in cockpit sure is nice ... *sigh*.

Just to confirm you did the right test, you should:

1) load my original script (the one that does NOT launch black shark), and minimize the window that comes up.

2) then load black shark using the vanilla shortcut within 30 seconds.

I assume that that is what you did, but it was not clear from your message. If you did not do it that way, please try and report back. If that does not work, please try loading Black Shark without any script using the vanilla shortcut and, once in the mission, set the affinity manually using task manager. Check if you still can use the TrackIR.

If we do some troubleshooting steps, I am sure we can get this working for you (even if it takes rewriting the script a little).

for wombat and phrophet; i tried running with the scripts but i got worse fps and a couple of lengthy sutters. Not complaining just thought it might of use to you clever types who write computer stuff. [i have intel quad core processeor]

mary xmas

love drummer

for wombat and phrophet; i tried running with the scripts but i got worse fps and a couple of lengthy sutters. Not complaining just thought it might of use to you clever types who write computer stuff. [i have intel quad core processeor]

Can you confirm that you are using Vista? Also, did you give the script at least 30 seconds after starting a mission to work? If so, you are the only person I have seen that reports no improvement...

Edited by wombat778

Sorry I guess I must be having a senior moment. So is the shortcut a .bat file like this?

C:\Program Files (x86)\1C\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50

The easiest way to make the shortcut is to just right-click on the .cmd file, then select Create Shortcut. Then cut the shortcut to the clipboard, and paste it on your desktop (or wherever else you want it).

Anyways of keeping them both on? or is that not posible:pilotfly:

Tbone

Go to page one of this thread, scroll down to prophets post, downloads scripts, works like a charm.

Edited by Shrubbo

i9-9900K,Z390 Aorus Master, 32GB GSkill Trident F4-3600 DDR4, ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti, Oculus Rift S. Thrustmaster Warthog T&S, TPR Pedals.

Big Difference!

Just did a clean install of Vista Ultimate 64 and Black Shark seems to be running quite a bit smoother. I ran a mission that bogged my system at one point under XP ("Road Block" from the DCS missions thread) and seem to be getting a roughly 15 FPS improvement. Less stutters. Almost no FPS hits over cities.

I'll try different affinity settings but for now it's using all cores on the first CPU.

Thanks for the help.

Smokin' Hole

Mac Pro

2 x Zeon 2.8G Quad

Nv 8800GT

2 Meg

Smokin' Hole

My DCS wish list: Su25, Su30, Mi24, AH1, F/A-18C, Afghanistan ...and frankly, the flight sim world should stop at 1995.

So if I install these .bat files to my folder and run them and find out I dont like them for some reason, can I still run the normal .exe files the game installs with ?

Yes ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome. sounds like I should give these a try then.

Also, what are the i7 versions of the 4core and 8core cmd's ?

Way out of my league there. Some one will answer soon enough.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wombat, I tried your DSCAFF and method and could not get it to work. Then I noticed something in that for this to work, you have to disable the UAC (User Account Control), then it works just fine. Up until now, I have been using SetAffinityII or doing it manually, but your method works great without UAC turned on.

Anyone else able to verify if it works with UAC on?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]