Vista and Multi-core/Multi-CPUs, Continued

ericinexile

. . .

Part of the issue is that it seems that if you set the affinity too quickly, there is a lot of unpredictability as to how the load gets allocated.

Yes, I have alt tabbed out (in Windows 7 mind you - never tried Vista) while mission loading screens were displayed, and set DCS.exe to all cores, only to have it reset once I'm in the paused cockpit view.

I need to aalt tab out once I'm at the pause screen.

S! TX-EcoDragon

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse, thanks for your tool. works like a charm... in XP SP2 32bit I had ~25FPS and on Windows7 64bit I get ~35FPS (C2D at 3GHz).

Apparently Windows 7 (64) doesn't need "-DX9" in the shortcut as the cloud bug is almost gone... almost because while in cockpit I still can see some small fine flickering in the distance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

BTT:

little sidenote with my system.....

When launching via jesses tool I receive higher frames BUT with more stocking every 15sec. (swapping?), most workload seems to stay on the first core, mabye the second too.....

When starting with wombats batch the frames arenґt that high (dramatically higher than without any affinity batch anyways!), BUT there is no stuttering at all and the workload seems to be partitioned between more cores.....

Anyone else having the same/different outcomes?

Greets

S@uDepp

// Hasi @4,5 GHz @ H100i // Asrock Z87M Extreme 4 // Avirex 4x4GB // PALIT 1070 GTX SuperJetStream // Corsair 350D // Plextor extern // DELL 2407WFP // Razer Lancehead // 2xThrustmaster T.16000M + Saitek Pedals Pro // Oculus Rift // 3x amBX // Win10 Pro x64

F4? I would like to see some proof of that. F4 a late 1990's game being able to use multiple cores 10 years later oh boy :pilotfly:

He means Falcon 4.0: Allied Force by Lead Pursuit. It is old Falcon 4.0 modified to run on modern systems.

Wir sehen uns in Walhalla.

No the original F4 uses multi core.

1 core would run the dynamic campaign. With dual cores coming out people it seems can only fathom multiple cores being on the same socket....... Before that there were MANY workstation motherboards for multi CPU's, or multi core.

There is a drastic difference between parallel threads within the game engine and what F4 was doing.

I have seen that all four cores of my quad are working in F4AF. They are on in affinity and I have watched then share the load (not evenly I might add) on my second monitor. One core takes on the most, a second runs markedly lower and the other two run very low, likely taking on all the apps I run. With SLi and the quad i can also run F4Glass on the same machine while running F4AF and no or unnotcable fps hits.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have Windows Vista 32 with Q6600, and Jesse's Affinity Tool detects all of my cores alright. But I have a problem with my TIR3: it is working fine in the game when used without the affinity tool. But when using the newest 2.1.1 version of the tool, the third button from the top "TrackIR" is greyed out and TIR is not working at all, although TIR SW is up and running.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong here? Thanks for your help in advance.

Hello,

I have Windows Vista 32 with Q6600, and Jesse's Affinity Tool detects all of my cores alright. But I have a problem with my TIR3: it is working fine in the game when used without the affinity tool. But when using the newest 2.1.1 version of the tool, the third button from the top "TrackIR" is greyed out and TIR is not working at all, although TIR SW is up and running.

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong here? Thanks for your help in advance.

That button is simply used to launch TrackIR if it is not already running. If your TrackIR software is already running when you launch my app, the button will be grayed out.

If I understand you correctly, then your TrackIR is not working in game while using the app to launch BS, even if launching TrackIR from a shortcut etc beforehand. Is this correct?

• 2 weeks later...
If I understand you correctly, then your TrackIR is not working in game while using the app to launch BS, even if launching TrackIR from a shortcut etc beforehand. Is this correct?

Yes that's correct. However, I can work around that problem by not initiating TrackIR before, and using the TIR button in your tool to start it instead. Then everything works just fine.