Engage/Disengage Route mode

Nieldo

Just setting up my proper profile for the x52 now, I have done away with the 2nd and 3rd modes leaving the mode selecter rotating switch free.

Ive got it set up at the moment for auto pilot mode selection and it works pretty well.

Mode 1 position: engage/disengage route mode

Mode 2 position: Neutral/Normal/Not assigned

Mode 3 position: Decent Mode

So you would normally have it in mode 2, if you want decent you flick it to mode 3 and it will hold down the D button untill you move it back to mode 2. But the route ® is a toggle button because you dont really want to have to hold it down, it makes sense, unless your setting it up like I am. At the moment I have to switch to mode 1 to activate it, fine. But when I want to disengage it I have to cycle back to mode 2 and then to mode 1 again.

Is there a file or something I can edit to make the route mode button work the same way as the decent mode button?

TL DR - I want to change the route button from a toggle to a 'push to make' like the decent button is.

Nothing you can do about that since the way the buttons operate in the game is to push it to turn it on and push it to turn it off, there is no way for your profile to determine if it is on or off.

Also be careful with that mode switch , if you don't assign it as a macro {i.e. it will only press one time} then it will continually send the command to the game and cause high CPU usage because it is flooding the game with keyboard input. This is because when you use the mode switch, when you switch to a different "mode" it is the same as pressing and holding a button down[unless it is a macro]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Nothing you can do about that since the way the buttons operate in the game is to push it to turn it on and push it to turn it off, there is no way for your profile to determine if it is on or off.

Yes as I asked in my first post is there a anyway I can change this, Either by editing a file or anything else?

Would be great if I could get a reply from a dev as they would be the best ones to talk to about this.

Also be careful with that mode switch , if you don't assign it as a macro {i.e. it will only press one time} then it will continually send the command to the game and cause high CPU usage because it is flooding the game with keyboard input. This is because when you use the mode switch, when you switch to a different "mode" it is the same as pressing and holding a button down[unless it is a macro]

This is not an issue because as said in the first post I have left mode 2 unassigned, so when I dont want decent or route modes it is in mode 2 and not pressing any button causing any CPU problems.

What happens then if D is already pressed (lets presume by accident via the keyboard)? It gets then unpressed when you switch to mode 1 and pressed again once you release it from mode 1. Exactly the opposite from what you want.

Like Slayer says: there is no way for your profile to determine if it is on or off.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Why would it be pressed on the keyboard if you have it assigned to a stick function.

If that happens anyway then you change it to mode 3 and back to mode 2. That changes it from Route mode, to decent mode, and back to normal mode.