Warthog throttle Auto Pilot Button problem.

Manhorne

Are you using TARGET?, or some other software to program your HOTAS? or nothing at all, just dx presses?. What Aircraft are you having troubles with, is there an error file of your problem? Are you using the open beta or release version?.  Does the button work for another aircraft?, have you tried slaving the button/Switch to a unrelated command to see if it works there?.... Reason I ask, is if you are using the open beta you could be experiencing a bug.  I thought my BlackHog was bad after an update, where it no longer worked as it should have when I programed it at an earlier time and it worked.  I verified that with the Jug and Mossie for keyboard and analog trim bugs, they all worked in the Mustang using the BlackHog.  Do some more troubleshooting and eliminate instances where it works and does not.  I'm sure there will be more advice to follow from others.  But, I do know the LASTE three way switch will not operate correctly unless you have the EAC and RDR ALTIM switches in the correct position. Remember the TMWH is made to compliment the A-10 and the way it works.  Imagination and experimentation are the words of the day when you try to get it to work the same way on other platforms.  Let us know how you are coming along.. 

Cheers

Hoss

Sempre Fortis

3 hours ago, 352nd_Hoss said:

Are you using TARGET?, or some other software to program your HOTAS? or nothing at all, just dx presses?. What Aircraft are you having troubles with, is there an error file of your problem? Are you using the open beta or release version?.  Does the button work for another aircraft?, have you tried slaving the button/Switch to a unrelated command to see if it works there?.... Reason I ask, is if you are using the open beta you could be experiencing a bug.  I thought my BlackHog was bad after an update, where it no longer worked as it should have when I programed it at an earlier time and it worked.  I verified that with the Jug and Mossie for keyboard and analog trim bugs, they all worked in the Mustang using the BlackHog.  Do some more troubleshooting and eliminate instances where it works and does not.  I'm sure there will be more advice to follow from others.  But, I do know the LASTE three way switch will not operate correctly unless you have the EAC and RDR ALTIM switches in the correct position. Remember the TMWH is made to compliment the A-10 and the way it works.  Imagination and experimentation are the words of the day when you try to get it to work the same way on other platforms.  Let us know how you are coming along.. 

Cheers

Hoss

It has nothing to do with any kind of software or program being used . As you can see in this screen shot the #26 button which is the autopilot button remains in the lit "engaged" state no mater what. Pressing the button does nothing to change that state. It should be OFF until the button is pushed. it is shorted somewhere but have not found where.

Desktop Screenshot 2022.04.01 - 22.36.45.79.png

That's gotta be an issue with the board or the connection from the button to it.  If there's an open circuit between the button and the board it may still show in the system as a close (button push). 
If you unplug your stick usb, remove the grip, and plug the usb back in, all the stick buttons will show pressed.
If you open it up post pics.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

13 hours ago, SGT Coyle said:

That's gotta be an issue with the board or the connection from the button to it.  If there's an open circuit between the button and the board it may still show in the system as a close (button push). 
If you unplug your stick usb, remove the grip, and plug the usb back in, all the stick buttons will show pressed.
If you open it up post pics.

I know its not the button because I have tested it and its good .. It could be a problem with one of the boards or the ribbon cable that goes to the main board. I have had issues with another ribbon cable in the throttle and had to fix it. I tried getting a replacement from Thrustmaster but their customer service is terrible and I could never get a response back from them on their customer support page.

Try calling them.  it's helped me before.
What sort of trouble did you have with ribbon cable?If you open it up to check those please post pics.  It would help to see what's going on under the hood.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

35 minutes ago, SGT Coyle said:

Try calling them.  it's helped me before.
What sort of trouble did you have with ribbon cable?If you open it up to check those please post pics.  It would help to see what's going on under the hood.

I had to replace one of the throttle sensors last year and I found that the ribbon cable that goes up into the right throttle had a wire loose in the connector that connects to the logic board. I tried several times to contact them to see about ordering that cable and I could never get a response. So I ended up making my own fix for the loose wire. But the cable needs replacing.I am suspecting there maybe a problem with the ribbon cable that goes from the board that the AUTO Pilot push button connects to the main control board because when I was troubleshooting and I moved that cable even slightly the LED lights on that part of the throttle would go out . I will post some pics when I get a chance and open it back up.

Edited by Manhorne