2022 DCS Newsletter discussion 1st April - Patch Status | New Campaign's | SimFest Sale

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Thread for the discussion of the newsletter 1st of April 2022

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to 2022 DCS Newsletter discussion 1st April - Patch Status | New Campaign's | SimFest Sale

Any updates on the Blackshark model update coming soon?

Edited by JG27_Arklight

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

In one month we will celebrate 4 years since the release of the hornet early access….and still nothing about the new features or end of EA in this newsletter.  

For all those who buy the new modules, it is necessary to take into account the long development which follows, and the patience which it is necessary to have.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, hanab said:

In one month we will celebrate 4 years since the release of the hornet early access….and still nothing about the new features or end of EA in this newsletter.  

For all those who buy the new modules, it is necessary to take into account the long development which follows, and the patience which it is necessary to have.

forgive my stupidity - what's left outstanding?  Seems to be mostly complete to me..

VFA-113 | Stinger 307 | "Hank"

USN OEF OIF Veteran

i7-8700K OC'd 4800ghz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC'd | 32gb RAM | 2.5TB SSD | Odyssey + | TM Warthog HOTAS |

It's mostly the FM problems, particularly low speed ballooning on flap deployment and inability to hold a roll angle at low speed. In addition, ACLS, MUMI and UFC BU pages, a few additional HSI and radar features, particularly terrain avoidance and EMCON. 

A few things, like DTC, towed decoy and TALD are also missing, but would require changes to the core, so that's understandable.

53 minutes ago, ChuckJäger said:

forgive my stupidity - what's left outstanding?  Seems to be mostly complete to me..

39 minutes ago, Dragon1-1 said:

It's mostly the FM problems, particularly low speed ballooning on flap deployment and inability to hold a roll angle at low speed. In addition, ACLS, MUMI and UFC BU pages, a few additional HSI and radar features, particularly terrain avoidance and EMCON. 

A few things, like DTC, towed decoy and TALD are also missing, but would require changes to the core, so that's understandable.

It's far from being mostly complete. I'm just trying to inform here, a lot of the following items are not frequently discussed outside of specific threads and posts on the Hornet.

The radar has several major issues (including wrong memory logic, wrong TWS AUTO, too slow TDC speed and two missing modes - VS and TA), MSI is still not implemented at all, AZ/EL doesn't show off-board tracks, SA doesn't have the same ranks as the Radar page and you can't designate from it. The RDR/JMR priority option is also missing from the radar page.

The RWR has wrong threat ring logic and missing cues, since launch.

The HSI is missing functions and is the wrong HSI configuration for our Hornet - we should have TAMMAC, with, among other things, the ability to load between chart, elevation and (sort of) satellite maps, like in the Apache.

The INS works terribly without GPS, way worse than an INS should.

A/G weapons delivery is using the wrong input from sensors, even with AGR enabled.

The ATFLIR is missing the AUTO acquisition window (A/A and A/G) and it's missing TWS mode for A/A, as well as the ability to be cued by the HMD in A/A.

We're missing terminal delivery options and associated HSI cues for the JDAM, JSOW.

There are other items as well, like you mention, but these are some big issues that need to be resolved. Especially the radar and RWR related stuff, they're really holding the Hornet back in the A/A role, for example.

• Like 4

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I see most of those as bugs rather than missing features (or features that are there, but unfinished), but I guess in the end, it works out the same - stuff is missing from the airplane. I hope they do at least some of that, since Apache and Viper are getting those right now.