HMCS symbology intensity knob to INC turning speed on button press

skywalker22

If this rotary knob is binded to some button on my hotas, it takes almost 5 seconds to turn this knob from OFF to MAX bright HMCS.

Would it be possible to halve the amout of time, to 2,5-3 seconds some where, like for example on F/A-18? I know I can use the mouse to rotate it, but in the heat of the moment, I don`t want to look down, look for it, and make adjustments. Many things can happen in the mean time. So I like to have this control binded to buttons on my throttle contol (to turn it on and off as well). Its not a big deal, but still can be very useful feature.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Just turn it up to the correct setting at the start of the mission and then use “DMS down long” to show/hide it during the flight?

Edited by Deano87
  • Thanks 1

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

1 hour ago, Deano87 said:

Just turn it up to the correct setting at the start of the mission and then use “DMS down long” to show/hide it during the flight?

hmmm, didn`t know that "shortcut" exists 🙂 thx

But would still be cool to shorten the time of turning that knob from one final position to the other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2022 at 7:15 PM, skywalker22 said:

I would still like to turn it on/off with button, and with 1 second button press&hold, same as on F/A-18.

Why do you still want an on/off activation when you can show/hide it with a hotas command?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.