Open Beta - Game crash at loading since latest update

RhineHornet

If anyone can help it would be very much appreciated. Since the latest update DCS 2.7.11.22041 Open Beta - 30.03.2022 it seems my DCS install won't get much further than when loading the scene after pressing the "Fly" button, sometimes even earlier. I recall on the first CTD two days ago there was some message regarding shaders, though this message did not appear on my subsequent DCS start trials.

Thank you very much for looking, attached ydcs.log-20220401-185735.zipou'll find the *.log file.

P.S.: I forgot to add this happens only when joining MP servers, single player mode seems to work!

Edited by RhineHornet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're having a LOT of memory related messages in your log. Here's a list of things to do in this case:

1. Ensure your RAM is OK (you never know). You can use the Windows Memory diagnostic tool (it comes with Windows) or MemTest.
  2. Ensure you have at least 50 GB of free space on your fastest drive (be it an SSD or an NVMe).
  3. Open your Windows pagefile settings, untick "Automatically blahblahblah...", then edit the pagefile size:
  • set initial size to 16384 (16 GB)
  • set max size to 32768 (32 GB)

Important: if you only have HDDs, don't leave your pagefile setting as they are. A large pagefile needs to be fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Same problem, DCS loads to main screen but then crashes when I attempt to start any missions, campaigns, training, etc.

Worked fine before update.  

Rebooted several times.

No mods.

Made no changes to any hardware or software.

Updated drivers.

Plenty of RAM.

Plenty of SSD space.

No page file issues.

Can you please help Flappie?

dcs.log-20220403-192756.zip

BTW, on the link you sent it says there is a repair option in the Start menu, a repair file in the DCS root folder, or to download the batch files and run them.  I have no option in my Start menu, no file in my root folder, and downloading and double clicking the batch files doesn't run anything.  What am I missing?