Tads Vid lagging VR

Brodey54

2 hours ago, Brodey54 said:

When in the Apache with VR all is working great until I bring up the Tads Video than it lags the sim so bad its unplayable. Running a 3080Ti, i7 10700,32gig ram. Never ran into issue till today.

I'm having the same issue.

For the AH-64D You probably mere to lider the graphics settings.

Try to set "Texture" to medium (not Terrain texture), lider "Preload Radius" et.

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• ED Team

if you have short track replays showing this happening please attach so we can try the same scenarios on our machines. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY

This can be replicated easily and I think it is both  VR head tracking issue and rendering overhead issue

Scenario 1 - empty mission - symptoms worse with mission "load"

HMD Render : Right eye only

Turn on PNVS to Pilot Line of sight, PNVS FLIR overlay noticeable jerky in playback and quite offputting for night ops - hold head still so it is just the video playing - is smoother
Turn PNVS to fixed, playback quality is now smooth

Scenarion 2

HMD Render : Both eye

same setup as above.   

Playback when slaved to pilot helmet line of sight is much better and mostly playable but noticeably jerky compared to when you switch the pnvs mode to FXD

note: I am running open XR which has improved FPS considerably (ie 60)  in the apache during daytime, just night under PNVS is the problem

System I7 11700K / 64GB ram / 3080ti / NVME dedicated drive for DCS

The problem is made worse with FLIR slaved to pilot head movement and single eye FLIR render mode selected, the opposite smooths it out.

In actual mission with stuff happening PNVS FLIR / PLOS mode fps drops by up to 30%

Thanks

Thrud

pnvs test- med txt - right eye.trk pnvs test- med txt - both eyes.trk

System: I7 7700K - Delidded. TT Cooler. 32GB 3000hz Ram, Gigabyte Aorus Ext 1080TI, SSD's, Corsair Gold 850W PSU, Philips 4K 40inch 60hz monitor, Dell 22inch Touch + Helios, Rift S, VKB MCG PRO, TM TPR pedals, TM Warthog throttle with slew mod and twist repair

Mods,

Might want to seperate this out into a couple of threads or attach to other existing ones.

OP says TADS

I reference PNVS 

Vid above reference timestamp for googles however around 06.39 there is some FLIR imagery in IHADSS for PNVS in the back seat however I am not sure whether it's VR or flatscreen 

cheers

System: I7 7700K - Delidded. TT Cooler. 32GB 3000hz Ram, Gigabyte Aorus Ext 1080TI, SSD's, Corsair Gold 850W PSU, Philips 4K 40inch 60hz monitor, Dell 22inch Touch + Helios, Rift S, VKB MCG PRO, TM TPR pedals, TM Warthog throttle with slew mod and twist repair