George generated Target List question

Fakum
Go to solution Solved by Chief Instructor,

When you have George search for targets based on Pilots line of site, and he finds some and brings up an assorted list of targets, then you have him track one of those targets and then you have him fire on it and kill it, I then want to bring that list up again so I can select another one. Im not sure Im doing this right? My intent is to simply bring that list up again, am I supposed to simply go “Back Long” on the switch to “Repeat Previous Search”? Do I really want to have him search again? And if he does, will he search the same spot again on his own, or am I supposed to do something else to bring up that list? by the way, this is in the mode that I want to have to Consent before he fires. Thanks,

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• Solution
42 minutes ago, Fakum said:

When you have George search for targets based on Pilots line of site, and he finds some and brings up an assorted list of targets, then you have him track one of those targets and then you have him fire on it and kill it, I then want to bring that list up again so I can select another one. Im not sure Im doing this right? My intent is to simply bring that list up again, am I supposed to simply go “Back Long” on the switch to “Repeat Previous Search”? Do I really want to have him search again? And if he does, will he search the same spot again on his own, or am I supposed to do something else to bring up that list? by the way, this is in the mode that I want to have to Consent before he fires. Thanks,

Back long is the correct action. This just brings up the list of his last target search, then you can select another target from it. It doesn't make him repeat the search.

• Thanks 4

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

Thanks for clearing that up for me

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Could they not leave the list there and let us cancel it on our own? That’s the point of a list isn’t it? If it’s a group of tanks in that list, I’m sure we’d want to take out a few.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

its a valid point, and I would certainly welcome a method in which that could be done. They would have to implement more controls because as the list remains visible, it has its own layer of commands specifically for it when you press the switch in different directs as you are already aware of.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

Could they not leave the list there and let us cancel it on our own? That’s the point of a list isn’t it? If it’s a group of tanks in that list, I’m sure we’d want to take out a few.

I guess that would be a nice option for those who wanted it. Personally, I don't mind doing a long back to bring it up again. In fact, I like the fact that it disappears after I've selected a target because it reduces clutter on the screen!

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

On 4/2/2022 at 1:27 AM, Chief Instructor said:

Back long is the correct action. This just brings up the list of his last target search, then you can select another target from it. It doesn't make him repeat the search.

I have not seen this confirmed by ED anywhere. IIRC it DOES make him search again, just at the same spot you told him to search last time. So down long may still produce a different list than last time, if you changed your vantage point since last search, so George now can see new targets or if he lost sight if some.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Another wish.

Is it possible to have a way to shrink it to categories.

It is now sorted by i think a danger factor.

But when i want to find just the infantry i have to scroll all the way down.

Maybe add a up or down long to shrink it by categories

Problem with long press down ("to search again if a target was found" according to manual) for me is that it sometimes activates short press down. To take out say 4 targets at a specific location (reasonable scenario) with hellfires, one would have to bring up that list 3x more. And you might get a different list.   

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

This exactly it's frustrating to be taking a group of tanks out and have to bring up the list which I have to scroll down 5 other targets to get the tank next to the one I just hit I usually just re-slave to my LOS and it picks up my target

I noticed last night that George will not list any search radars for SAM sites. I was targeting a large SAM cluster last night and the search radar would have been a humans CPGs first target to take out the threat, but George was just blind to it. I got lucky and took out a AAA target right next to the radar and the splash damage did enough to stop the radar. 

Also rather annoying that the list will populate with tank 1 tank 2 helicopter 1 helicopter 2 etc, with no IFF and no distinction between type, etc. Not very helpful when you are trying to target an enemy and George constantly slaves on friendly units.

I agree, George should only target enemy targets like a real CPG would.

I guess they could program in the odd mistake based on fog of war etc but if following ROE's that would prevent you from firing until the target is confirmed.  (At least that's how it's suppose to work)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog