Respawning the Unit at a defined Coordinate with an optional heading fails to RESPAWN THE STATIC with all of the STATICs properties

Go to solution Solved by funkyfranky,

🐞   bug.🐞 ?

By using an Mi-8 I found that it has nothing to do with the Helicopters and is a most likely a bug and here is the Module where the bug lies.

Module Static

and here is the method in which the bug lies.

STATIC:ReSpawnAt(Coordinate, Heading)

Respawn the Unit at a defined Coordinate with an optional heading. 

Respawning the Unit at a defined Coordinate with an optional heading fails to RESPAWN THE STATIC with all of the STATICs properties.

I have a mission written that had run quite well for months ,even years which relied on the CARGOSLINGING flag was set to true. Now that information seems not to spawn or respawn with the statics . Can you change the code so that it will do this again? You see, there is no method available for me to set or reset this flag or I would be able to code it myself in lua. 

Who do I report this bug to?  I should also take it out of the UH-1 section as the Helicopters seem to work fine ?

Edited by Lineaxe

oh , maybe that module did come from the moose engine 🙂

If I spot any bugs in the future I will try to send as much info I can dig up on them ..  I have also noticed another one using moose's scoring system  and reported it here at dcs forums somewheres ..

Edited by Lineaxe

If you find the values that moose uses to call https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_func_addStaticObject or https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/DCS_func_addGroup then by all means report a bug. But do try to report scripting bugs using as direct function calls as possible. 

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• Solution

This is a bug in MOOSE that the canCargo flag is not honored. Thanks and

Disperse Lesley Nielsen GIF - Disperse Lesley Nielsen Explosion GIFs

Edited by funkyfranky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss